LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: LB presents: The Marvel Movie News Thread

So Lucy (Xena) Lawless will be joing SHIELD and a spin off of Agent Carter from Captain America.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had a tough time at first. It didn’t get the best critical reception and saw its ratings slip as the season progressed. Having lost interest after the fourth episode, clearly I can’t comment, but our own Evan Valentine pointed out that things did improve after a certain big twist. Perhaps I’ll have to take his word for it because not only did Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. score a second season, but it also just added Xena star Lucy Lawless to the cast.

Since playing Xena, Lawless has been all over the place on the TV side of the business having appeared on Battlestar Galactica, Spartacus, Parks and Recreation and more. Hit the jump for more on Lawless’ casting as well as the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel’s Agent Carter San Diego Comic-Con crossover poster. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns on Tuesday, September 23rd at 9/8c and Agent Carter will premiere in January 2015.

Both bits of news come from TVGuide.com. In regards to Lawless’ casting, they’ve got absolutely no information on her role, which isn’t much of a surprise. Perhaps we’ll get more details at the Marvel Television SDCC panel on Friday the 25th at 3:00pm.

And speaking off that panel, it’s going to pair Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with their new show, Marvel’s Agent Carter starring Hayley Atwell. In honor of the Ballroom 20 merger, TVGuide.com also unveiled this SDCC artwork showing off the two shows together. Whether you make it into the panel or not, you can still get your hands on this poster. They’ll be handing them out for free at the Marvel Booth (2329) on the convention center floor.

Here’s the official synopsis for Marvel’s Agent Carter:

“Marvel’s Agent Carter,†starring Captain America’s Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life–Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films “Captain America: The First Avenger†and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,†along with the short “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.â€

Starring Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, “Marvel’s Agent Carter†is executive produced by Christopher Markus, Steve McFeely, Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Jeph Loeb.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Go see Guardians of the Galaxy if you get the chance folks, really good shit.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Go see Guardians of the Galaxy if you get the chance folks, really good shit.
I'm at the theatre right now, really looking forward to it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Stay for the post credits scene, you'll enjoy it

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I wished I had the funds to go watch this.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

More Agents of SHIELD news:

After the incredibly disappointing first season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the series is returning with a new gameplan: guest stars, guest stars, and guest stars. Kyle MacLachlan is playing Skye’s father; Lucy Lawless is playing veteran S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Isabelle Hartley; and Reed Diamond is playing Hydra baddie Daniel Whitehall (a.k.a Kraken). THR is now reporting that Adrianne Palicki will be making an appearance this season as Bobbi Morse, a.k.a. Mockingbird. According to THR, Morse “will appear in the fifth episode of the Marvel procedural with the potential to return; the episode will find her popping in perhaps not as an ally to Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team.” While Palicki is a likable presence, her casting and the casting of other guest stars doesn’t address the show’s larger problem like the bad writing, dull main characters, and crummy special effects. Hopefully, season two is where Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes into its own instead of being that TV thing Marvel does.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Damn this casting is dope.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
According to Collider, Joaquin Phoenix is in final negotiations to play the lead role in Marvel Doctor Strange. Rumors of Phoenix taking the role first started in July, but things got quiet as Phoenix and Marvel refused to comment on the story. There was speculation that negotiations hit a snag due to Phoenix wanting to make sure that taking a role in a Marvel franchise didn't limit his ability to pursue other projects.

Doctor Strange is currently set for a July 8th, 2016 release date.

Casting of the year if this happens. Marvel managing to convince Phoenix to do something mainstream like this is insane.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If Joaquin Phoenix gets cast as doctor strange I will ejaculate my semen onto the floor right then and there.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It sounds like the only time we'll be seeing Iron Man any time soon is in the Avengers films. Robert Downey Jr. told Variety that currently a fourth outing as the armord superhero isn't planned.

"There isn't one in the pipe," Downey said while promoting his new film The Judge. "No, there's no plan for a fourth Iron Man."

When asked if he would "let" anyone else play the role, he laughed and said, "I like that the idea is that it would be up to me, like I'm casting director for Marvel."

We will at least see Tony in Avengers: Age of Ultron and Avengers 3, both of which he was signed to after Iron Man 3 last year. Age of Ultron opens May 1st, 2015

411mania

I'm okay with this tbh. There's far more interesting characters to go with at this point, and the last Iron Man doesn't have a lot of rewatch appeal.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Iron man 4 would be pointless. If they make one it should be after avengers 3 to finish off the character. But if they don't make one I'm good with that too

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'd be much more into a War Machine movie tbh

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Joaquin Phoenix has ended negotiations for the lead role in Marvel's Doctor Strange, sources tell THR.

Phoenix was in talks for the role in mid-July, but a deal never came to fruition. The leap into the Marvel universe would have been a surprising move for the Her actor, who has spent the most recent years of his career collaborating with auteurs such as Paul Thomas Anderson and Spike Jonze and has steered clear of broad commercial fare.
Scott Derrickson is directing the Marvel feature, and sources say the director and studio are already on the hunt for a new leading man. Names that were floating around for the role before Phoenix landed in talks included Benedict Cumberbatch, Jared Leto and Tom Hardy.

Well that's fucking annoying

Ant

Up The Villa
Reaction score
Tom Hardy might be a good choice. Underrated actor.

Jared Leto can stay away though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well that's fucking annoying

Personally I'd rather have Cumberbatch than Phoenix so this news isn't too awful for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk