LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: LB presents: The Marvel Movie News Thread

Second Thor 2 trailer is upon us!

[video=youtube;xphJMM1ipJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphJMM1ipJo[/video]

Can't help get a sense of this film being more of a "The Thor & Loki Movie" flick, but fuck it Hiddlestone is awesome and this trailer looks great.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Movie studios have a tough time understanding quality, but they have no issue with quantity. They look at The Avengers and don’t see a well-told story full of sharp writing and interesting characters. They see a bunch of superheroes who have crossed over into one gigantic movie. Warner Bros. is making steps towards Justice League by crossing over Batman and Superman, Sony Pictures is working towards getting Sinister Six into The Amazing Spider-Man franchise, and 20th Century Fox already has superhero teams with The Fantastic Four and X-Men. But it’s apparently not enough to simply have pre-made teams. For Fox’s creative consultant Mark Millar, those teams then need to interact.

Hit the jump for more.

The X-Men movies are moving right along with X-Men: Days of Future Past due out May 23, 2014, and Josh Trank (Chronicle) is currently at work on The Fantastic Four, a franchise reboot that is set to open on March 6, 2015. 20th Century Fox owns the rights to both Marvel properties, and when asked by SFX about crossing them over, Millar responded:

“Without question I think you have to see some of these guys showing up in each other’s movies. I think the most exciting thing in superhero movies, until The Avengers came along, was when Nick Fury showed up in Iron Man. Even though it was a guy with an eye patch it was really cool – and I expect we will see more of that.â€

Why? Why is it beyond questioning? Would it be neat to see them in each other’s movies? Possibly, but you can’t force it. Does Reed Richards really need to show up at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters? Should Wolverine be slinging wisecracks at The Thing? I’m hoping that at the very least, 2015′s The Fantastic Four doesn’t feature any mutants. It should be allowed to be separate and stand on its own before the X-Men start charging in.

I am surprised we haven't had more crossovers in the Marvel movie universe yet. I think this would be a good thing.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

james-spader-avengers.jpg

Marvel announced today that James Spader will play Ultron, the main villain in the upcoming film “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.â€

The sequel to the record-breaking “Avengers†is due to hit theaters May 1, 2015. Joss Whedon is returning as director and Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans all return to reprise their roles.

Spader won three Emmys for “Boston Legal†and “The Practice†and will be seen on NBC’s “The Blacklist†this fall. He was most recently on the big screen in “Lincoln.â€

“Marvel’s The Avengers†grossed $1.5 billion worldwide last year, the third-largest grossing movie of all time.

Spader is represented by ICM Partners and his lawyer Melanie Cook at Ziffren Brittenham.

James Spader will make and excellent Villain. I can't wait for this now.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

James Spader is the fuckin man...it's gonna be awesome

Postman Dave

Reaction score

OFFICIAL: Bradley Cooper to Voice Rocket Raccoon in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
The Academy Award®-nominated actor joins the cast of director Marvel Studios' space epic!
Posted Aug 30, 2013 1:48 pm
Updated Aug 30, 2013 4:52 pm
Rocket Raccoon has finally found his voice!

Academy Award-nominated actor Bradley Cooper has officially joined the cast of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy," lending his voice to the fan-favorite raccoon that will join Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista) on their epic adventure.
Cooper has previously starred in "Silver Linings Playbook," for which he was nominated for an Oscar®, "Limitless," "Place Beyond the Pines" and the "Hangover" trilogy, the latter of which has grossed $1.4 billion globally. He will next be seen in "American Hustle" which will reunite him with "Silver Linings Playbook" director David O. Russell. "Guardians of the Galaxy" will mark Cooper's first voiceover work.
In the far reaches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an unlikely cast of characters including Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. Directed by James Gunn, the live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy" will take fans to new corners of the Marvel Universe when it hits theaters August 1, 2014, but in the meantime stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest news as it breaks, including official casting, first looks and more!

And it also seems as if Vin Diesel will be voicing Groot, adding to what is already a ridiculously stacked roster of talent.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Had a chance to check out the Agent Carter "one-shot" earlier (I'll rewatch Iron Man 3 probably tomorrow when I've got more time), continues the trend of each edition improving upon the last, and I'm not surprised at the talk of Marvel doing more Peggy One Shots. Longest one at 12 minutes, but certainly not a waste.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

[video=youtube;CFGg3fhYJHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFGg3fhYJHQ[/video]

Only the SDCC teaser, but enough to get me excite. Then I remember it's still a year and a half away yet.

Also, I predict a Capt. America 2 trailer in the next month, let's say by October 27th.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Various websites have been reporting that Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen have been cast as Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch in Age of Ultron.

Johnson isn't official but has dropped numerous hints and has been heavily speculated for a while. Olsen was confirmed for the movie by Samuel L. Jackson during an interview, and whilst her casting isn't officially, it's what's widely expected.

So here's where we stand cast wise:

Confirmed
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
James Spader as Ultron

Unconfirmed but expected
Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver
Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlett Witch

Of note was this interview by Anthony Mackie who will be playing The Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The actor isn't sure if the character will make an appearance in Age of Ultron. "I wish. You know, Marvel is so quiet with that stuff. I won't know I'm doing it until I'm doing it," Mackie told NextMovie when asked if he would appear in Age of Ultron. "Literally, they're so quiet with that stuff you never really know. All I know for sure is Robert Downey Jr. is doing it, everybody else is just waiting for the call. It's like being drafted."

411mania

Anyone see any of the current MCU line up failing to make the cut? I can see Renner sitting out this one.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Apparently they are recasting Hawkeye which is just stupid. It's not Renner's fault they made him a zombie for most of the movie.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Also, I predict a Capt. America 2 trailer in the next month, let's say by October 27th.

Well, I was close. First teaser trailer in two days!

Also, this:

76368.jpg

SHIELD helicarrier returns? Check. Washington D.C. instead of standard New York? Check.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Apparently they are recasting Hawkeye which is just stupid. It's not Renner's fault they made him a zombie for most of the movie.

i see a bunch of rumors but no confirmation as such

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I've heard literally nothing about the character since Avengers. It's very strange.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

it seems there was a lot of rumors about it in May saying that they weren't happy that Renner was trashing how his character was used in the first Avengers so they are recasting or leaving Hawkeye out all together but there has been nothing since and he is still on the Age of Ultron IMDB page

Postman Dave

Reaction score

The Winter Soldier trailer is here!

[video=youtube;NLWsK1ZFunA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA[/video]

Aside from the obvious explosions and such, this seems to have a much more serious political back drop to it. Felt very different from other Marvel trailers, I approve.

And man is the helicarrier eating shit in these films...

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

After revealing the subtitle of The Avengers sequel at Comic-Con, it only took a month before Marvel Studios took to their official site to make the official announcement that James Spader, currently starring in NBC’s new hit series The Blacklist, would be playing its titular villain Ultron. There was no seemingly endless series of casting rumors and reports. The news was unexpected and fast, the result of writer and director Joss Whedon having a clear idea early on of what he wanted to do with The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

As a robotic and AI-based villain, Ultron will be significantly different than Loki and his army of alien thugs from The Avengers but that doesn’t make the character any less human, according to everyone in the know.

Speaking with Huffington Post, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige spoke briefly about the casting of James Spader as the titular villain of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, re-confirming what we previously heard from insiders about his face being utilized to help the character emote.

“Well, I think it will be more than a voice role – we’ll be capturing his face and his body to create a whole performance. He’s a very unique and incredibly exciting and unpredictable actor. And Ultron in the comics is a robot, but what’s cool about him in the comics – and certainly how Joss Whedon is interpreting him for the movie – is that he is much more than just a robot. That he’s infused with much character. And I don’t want to say too much, but you can imagine James Spader will be very dynamic in his portrayal of this character.â€

Feige continued, laughing, explaining that they didn’t sign Spader just to do a robot voice. The thing about Ultron is that he (it?) is very emotional, so much so that he hates the Avengers and holds a personal grudge against them for reasons that won’t be clear until we see the film since Whedon is crafting a new Ultron origin story different than in the comics.

James Spader Voicing Performing Ultron Avengers 2 The Avengers 2: James Spaders Face & Body Will Be Used In Ultron Design

Although the Ultron design revealed in the teaser reveal for The Avengers: Age of Ultron at San Diego Comic-Con this summer was a near identical version of the character in Marvel Comics, what was shown could be just be part of the design, one step in the design, or a helmet on top of Ultron’s true face. Spader previously talked about having to go in for “extensive photographs, head scans, body scans†taken of him so Marvel can design the live-action version of Ultron based on his likeness. Whedon also told Marvel a little about how and why Spader was the obvious choice.

“Spader was my first and only choice. He’s got that hypnotic voice that can be eerily calm and compelling, but he’s also very human and humorous. Ultron is not Hal. Spader can play all of the levels. He’s the guy to break The Avengers into pieces.â€

Marvel fans may have caught a glimpse of the leaked animatics (see below for image) from The Avengers which revealed original, alternate scenes between Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and his assistant AI JARVIS (Paul Bettany) where a darker side of JARVIS is revealed as he discusses the perfect being, an artificial design with a human face, showing an aggressive tone and positioning himself as being seemingly better than The Avengers.

Clearly this was Whedon thinking ahead (since he had the Ultron idea in mind back then) but the scenes were too foreboding and out of place for the first film since in the comics Ultron does take control of JARVIS although he’s a human butler in the books. Like the character of Wasp, this particular plot thread was dropped completely for the film, but like the Avengers 2 teaser reveal suggests, Ultron has something to do with Iron Man (or at least his tech and armor) and maybe a little something to do with magic.

As for Spader’s performance, we’re curious as to whether or not he’ll be acting on set against Earth’s Mightiest in a motion capture suit or some hybrid of armor pieces and motion capture equipment a la Iron Man, or if he’ll be doing it in studio and having it inserted later as CGI like Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk.

Ultron-Jarvis-Animatic-Storyboard-The-Avengers-Leaked-Marvel-280x170.jpg

The fact that Spader’s face will be used, and from what was shown in The Avengers storyboards of crazed JARVIS, could Whedon be setting up for the introduction of Vision, the android Avenger?

Spader like the Hulk is ok, but I am more intrigued with the Jarvis notion.