LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: LB presents: The Marvel Movie News Thread

yeah the Jarvis thing sounds pretty darn good.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Marvel has already locked Phase Two, but other than Ant-Man, Phase Three is wide open. Furthermore, the powerhouse studio now has two major characters back in their stable. Daredevil and The Punisher both reverted back to Marvel when the rights lapsed at Fox and Lionsgate, respectively. Obviously, if Marvel gives the characters new movies, they’ll be reboots, but in a recent interview, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige says they’re still figuring out how to proceed with these valuable properties.

Hit the jump for what Feige had to say, and click here for what he had to say to Steve at the press junket for Thor: The Dark World.

Speaking to Bleeding Cool at the Thor junket, Feige explained the studio’s current position with regards to Daredevil and The Punisher:

We’re trying to figure out what to do with Daredevil now. Punisher could show up at one point. You know, once we get characters back into the Marvel fold we don’t want to do something right away, we want to do the smart thing at the smart time.

It’s not difficult to see where Feige is coming from on this. Daredevil could be pursued in a variety of ways (sadly, Joe Carnahan’s take probably won’t be one of them), and Punisher tends to work as a way to provide contrast to other superheroes (“I kill, but they don’t!”). But Marvel has set a tone with their movies. They have different settings, but they’re all brightly colored, lively pictures. Daredevil and The Punisher are much darker than any other property Marvel currently has in development. Personally, I’d like to see Doctor Strange and Black Panther get slots in Phase Three since we haven’t seen those characters on the big screen yet, but right now I’ll enjoy Phase Two rather than looking ahead to 2016.

I hope they make them decent which I have the full faith in them. I didn't mind the Ben Affleck Daredevil and thought it was pretty decent. The Punisher films were OK but could have been better.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

honestly they should go back to Thomas Jane as Punisher he was the shit in that movie. But they should keep him out of the Avengers world, but he and Daredevil intertwining could work at some point.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Days Of Future Past trailer is coming Tuesday.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Kevin Feige, head of Marvel Studios, spoke to the French website Lavoixdunord.fr about the Hulk and how he won't have any movies on his own in the current slate, Iron Man's connection to James Bond and teases of Age of Ultron.

Highlights below:

What do think of the way DC Comics and Warner Bros are handling their own movies ? Do you like the fact that they will introduce a new Batman in Man of Steel 2?
You know, Batman and Superman meet up in the comics quite a bit. And I always say that all of all us at Marvel started as film fans and comic fans, and the idea of seeing a Batman and Superman film excites us. The idea of seeing it only because of the success that we have had is very flattering.

What about Ben Kinglsey and that secret Mavel project ?
I think the keyword here is "secret", ha ha !

Is it a TV show, a movie, a short film ?
(He says no with his head)

What are those other TV shows that Marvel seems to be working on ?
Anything outside Agents of SHIELD that you read online is just rumous. People are guessing what we do next. I can't speak much about television, because that's not what I do. We have a TV division, run by Jeff Loeb, that is doing the Agents of SHIELD show. They're certainly talking about things in the success of Agents of SHIELD, other opportunities and other TV show, but I don't know what those are.

Tell us about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers : Age of Ultron, what are they going to do in this movie ?
They're going to be incredibly exciting and live adventures ! No, I can't say much about it. Joss of course has revealed that they will play a huge part in the movie, they will play a huge part in the movie. But, we can't say much more than that.

Are they good guys or bad guys?
Well, we take all of our inspiration from the comics, so… Clues exist !

Is there gonna be an Iron Man 4 ?
Well, if I believe Tony Stark to be James Bond, then there would be and Iron Man 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9… What is James Bond on at ? Twenty ?

So, no Robert Downey Jr. ?
That's the question. And again, that's a question we won't have to face until after Avengers 3. So that's at least five or six years away.

Are you planning another Hulk solo movie?
We have been discussing after Avengers what that would be, what that would look like. It's really Mark Ruffalo portrayal of Bruce Banner, in the way Joss Whedon brought him to life in Avengers that worked. It's even why you ask me that question. Which is good, we wanted that to happen, we wanted people to come out of Avengers saying The Hulk was their favorite character or at least on of their favorite. The fact that it did happen, was awesome. So, you know, all of the effort related to Hulk right know is going to Age of Ultron. It's exciting, beacuse he hasn't been in any other film, so you can expect to have a lot of Bruce Banner and Hulk in Age of Ultron. Where we go after that ? We'll see. It will be a little while before we figure that out but, we do think there's plenty of opportunities with the Ruffalo Banner.

411mania

Things to take from this:

- All but confirms Hulk for Age of Ultron. Not unexpected, but nice to hear.

- The future of RDJ continues to roll on. Interesting that he says it something they won't have to deal with until after Avengers 3. So that assumes his contract ends with the third film, and maintains the possibility of Iron Man playing a role in Phase 3. Whether that's another full blown outing is the question though, as RDJ has been quite vocal on the physical toll 3 took on him, and the end of the film seemed to suggest closure for the time being.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

if they are thinking about recasting Iron Man after RDJ leaves then they are high, with so many characters in the Marvel Universe they don't need to keep leaning on Iron Man and therefore don't need to recast him and leave a bad taste in the fans mouths

Drew

Reaction score

if they are thinking about recasting Iron Man after RDJ leaves then they are high, with so many characters in the Marvel Universe they don't need to keep leaning on Iron Man and therefore don't need to recast him and leave a bad taste in the fans mouths

They'll have to at some point. Cant just get rid of Iron Man completely(unless they make him sacrifice himself in a blaze of glory or something).

James Bond gets recast...so has Batman and Superman many times. Well move on.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Days Of Future Past anyone?

[video=youtube;gcNe8Q0PlWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNe8Q0PlWk[/video]

Drew

Reaction score

Trailer was freaking awesome. So pumped for this.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Just got back from Thor: The Dark World. Very happy with the film, once again they nailed the right mix of humour (which considering the trailers I thought would be lacking) and action. Great cliffhanger ending too and as always, stick around post credits for your first glimpse of

The Collector, and another tease of the Infinity Gauntlet in the future

Drew

Reaction score

Just got back from Thor: The Dark World. Very happy with the film, once again they nailed the right mix of humour (which considering the trailers I thought would be lacking) and action. Great cliffhanger ending too and as always, stick around post credits for your first glimpse of

The Collector, and another tease of the Infinity Gauntlet in the future

How did you already see a screener?

And just so I know, there a mid end credit scene and one at the very end like in past movies?

Postman Dave

Reaction score

How did you already see a screener?

And just so I know, there a mid end credit scene and one at the very end like in past movies?

Marvel films come out earlier in the uk :)

Yes, one midway, one at the end.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Drew

Reaction score

Marvel films come out earlier in the uk :)

Yes, one midway, one at the end.

Damn didn't know y'all got them early. Wtf is that about? Lulz.

Thanks!

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Damn didn't know y'all got them early. Wtf is that about? Lulz.

Thanks!

I think its to do with the school holidays over here. I don't know why that'd delay things in america, but Marvel films are usually out during school holidays

Anywho, it's a rare benefit i'm quite happy to accept :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I think its to do with the school holidays over here. I don't know why that'd delay things in america, but Marvel films are usually out during school holidays

Anywho, it's a rare benefit i'm quite happy to accept :lol:

I am so jealous right now

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk