Lawler says Ziggler's elbow drops may have caused his heart attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I just wish they'd let D'Z capitalise on this and have him talk about how he's so lethal that he almost killed Jerry Lawler in the ring. If they plan on keeping him heel they need something to make people hate him and this is a perfect opportunity.

I didn't do it. DZ did.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Every time a wrestler enters the ring, there's a risk of injury. Given the lack of in-ring shape that Lawler was in, he should not have been in the ring to begin with. Hopefully he doesn't make another appearance in the ring because he is not fit to do so.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Every time a wrestler enters the ring, there's a risk of injury. Given the lack of in-ring shape that Lawler was in, he should not have been in the ring to begin with. Hopefully he doesn't make another appearance in the ring because he is not fit to do so.

He wrestled like last weekend or the weekend before that in Florida. Pile drove a girl.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just wish they'd let D'Z capitalise on this and have him talk about how he's so lethal that he almost killed Jerry Lawler in the ring. If they plan on keeping him heel they need something to make people hate him and this is a perfect opportunity.

Nice shout! Was just thinking about this: Why are we supposed to boo Ziggler? "BOO! YOU'RE SO ENTERTAINING! I HATE YOU! STOP STEALING THE SHOW! CAN'T WAIT FOR SHEAMUS TO WIN THE BELT SO IT CAN BE BORING AGAIN!" Ffs. Guess they're trying the "heel champion purposely given no credibility who can't win a match clean so you root for anyone else to win the belt", but that's an archaic anti-draw since you wouldn't expect a satisfying finish nor give a shit.

(Yeah, he's the show-off, but he never shows off lol)

That seems like it's over the line, but it's wrestling. It's supposed to be over the line. Going the aggressive asshole route might be a good idea, just wonder if Ziggler's the guy to pull it off. Seems like going all the way with a Hollywood douchebag smartass character could fit Ziggler's personality a lot better... but still. You've gotta do something, and this is the perfect opportunity to do just that. Something.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Am I the only one not seeing Dolph as that kind of heel? His character is more driven by ego and an urge to showcase himself to further himself through athletic ability rather than taking pride in purposefully hurting and almost killing a man. Like Shawn Michaels back in the 80's and 90's.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Lawler says and talks shit. The CoP says this, Lawler is too old for wrestling, that's the reason he got heart attack, we all know that. I don't like this guy, even a bit. He still continues wrestling after heart attack, if again the same thing happens hope nobody will pray for him because a human being should protect his/herself then pray to god.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I agree that he's a character based more on ego and arrogance like HBK and Mr. Perfect than a vicious heel like, say, Randy Orton in his Viper days.

I could see Ziggler getting cheap heel heat by pointing out that people just can't keep up with him in the ring and then could point out that Lawler had a heart attack and nearly died trying to match up to his pace and ability. I wouldn't want him to go in that direction as a complete character change, though. I don't think he could pull off that cold blooded, vicious look.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I agree that he's a character based more on ego and arrogance like HBK and Mr. Perfect than a vicious heel like, say, Randy Orton in his Viper days.

I could see Ziggler getting cheap heel heat by pointing out that people just can't keep up with him in the ring and then could point out that Lawler had a heart attack and nearly died trying to match up to his pace and ability. I wouldn't want him to go in that direction as a complete character change, though. I don't think he could pull off that cold blooded, vicious look.

Yup, him making a quick reference to it ala "I'm so damn good that Jerry Lawler had a heart attack trying to keep up" in the middle of a promo is much more his style than trying to sell himself as the one who nearly killed the King.

He's not vicious and malevolent, he's arrogant and egotistic.

johncenafan

Jobber
Reaction score
why did he even get in the ring to get his ass kicked by guys like dolph and punk it not the mistake of dolph .:sad1::pity:why jerry why you messed up with us.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Jerry Lawler just making shit that aint there, Elbow drops dont even hurt from what Ive heard and now they cause a heart attack? Maybe its the fact he sits on his lazy arse all the time and eats shitty food that caused it.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Jerry Lawler just making shit that aint there, Elbow drops dont even hurt from what Ive heard and now they cause a heart attack? Maybe its the fact he sits on his lazy arse all the time and eats shitty food that caused it.

Who told you that an elbow drop doesn't hurt?
They do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ohwell, Jerry didnt mean to hurt Ziggler with this interview.
And Ziggler will be returning at Monday to steal the show like he always does, he would be happy to drop the elbow again on Lawler.
But it will always haunt him that he almost cause Jerry's life.
Sometimes this kind of stuff needs to happen to wake people up.
Wrestling isnt as fake as everybody thinks.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
King is not only old, but he's also out of shape and doesn't eat well, apparently he wasn't even working out regularly at the time of his heart attack. So of course things wouldn't go very well as far as his body goes eventually.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Who told you that an elbow drop doesn't hurt?
They do.

Pain is relative. Stubbing your toe 'hurts'. Do you think guys leave the arena like 'damn, those elbow drops are killing me!" ?