Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
King of the ring (I think 1996) Steve Austin vs. Hbk

It was a Very great match until they both got double disqualified. It was nice to see them both leaving together, that shows good sportsmanship and respect for each other.

7/10

1997 King Of The Ring

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
3PW Debut Show: Chris Hamrick v.s Matt Vandal.

I was not impressed with Vandel at all. This match was all over the place. Vandal's offense looks hesitant as fuck at times even during a midair moonsault. There was some nice things here and there but nothing consistent because not many of moves were all that crisp. Hamrick looked decent but I've seen him look much better than this too. There was an enjoyable, obnoxious manager for Vandal though if that makes up for anything. Still got good time for an opener and established Hamrick as a solid first winner in your history's existence, too bad he didn't have an opponent that could roll with him.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
3PW Debut Show: Bilvis Wesley v.s 'Towel Boy' Eric Tuttle.

At times this was a decent David v.s Goliath match with Towel Boy being a gangly white teenager in dirty jeans and Bilvis Wesley who is FAT slob in his unwashed singlet. I don't really know how accurate that is but I did say it was decent at times. Other times it was just awkward especially when Bilvis would get confused on offense. He'd hit a couple moves that that'd be it, I think he even rushed the finish because of these tendencies. However Tuttle showed up with some good counters like he should at his size for some pretty good nearfalls on the bigger guy. But yeah, that just isn't enough to make to make this any better than the first match on this show.

*3/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
ROH Buffalo Stampede

The Briscoes vs The All Night Express

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Adam Cole vs Eddie Edwards - PWG BOLA 2012 Night 2

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWF Royal Rumble 1997

Ahmed Johnson vs Farrooq

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
TNA Weekly PPV #3

X-Division Title: AJ Styles(c) vs David Young: A really surprising match that was actually enjoyable. Post match was pretty humorous as well.

AF.

Reaction score
First wrestling match watched in a while was a TNA match on YouTube.

Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries in a Ladder match. Jeff was buried under ladders, chairs and tables and Aries was about to win when he saw that Jeff disappeared and got OFF the ladder to see where he went. Stupidity at its finest.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Sami Zyan vs. Antonio Cesaro - NXT
Excellent match. Didn't quite live up to the hype it was getting, but going in I didn't expect it to. Without having seen any of their feud prior to this I felt both guys did a great job of giving the match a grudge-like feel. I really liked the way they used the sleeper hold as a big danger to Zyan, resulting in him tapping out to it in the second fall. I thought it was solid up until that point, but in the final fall I felt they really kicked it up another notch. I loved the pace that Zyan went after Cesaro with, the spots were perfectly executed and nicely placed, and HOLY SHIT the ending was awesome. One of the best Uppercuts I've ever seen Cesaro do. Great stuff from both guys. 8/10

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Domination - 2 out of 3 Falls ROH World Tag Team Championships: The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Kings Of Wrestling (w/ Larry Sweeney, Bobby Dempsey & Tank Toland)

I forgot just how great this was, IDK why though cause every time the Kings/Briscoe’s get in together it’s great. I loved the Jay/Hero opening with Jay just wanting to wrestle Hero but Hero was doing the “Super Athlete” gimmick so after every counter or reversal he would do some arrogant cocky strut/celebration which would leave Jay wide open and he would take a cheap shot. Well he does that twice and on the third one he turns his back way too long which allows Jay to kick him in the FACE! Double CC tags in and so does Mark, and Claudio applies the headscissors but Mark reverses it and they do a bunch of cool mat wrestling with each guy having a counter for the other until Jay blind tags in and nail Claudio with a shoulder block. The Briscoe’s are now in full control and hit a 8 move combo but Hero hits both men but again celebrates too long and gets double shoulder blocked. Claudio would hit a gut wrench suplex half-way across the ring into his corner and goes charging in but Mark would counter by moving which made Claudio go over the top misses with the shoulder block and Hero would kick Mark in the face, then Claudio would walk the middle rope and hit an elbow drop for a 2 count. The Kings now have full control and begin to work on Mark with double teams which included this hilarious, leap-frog rolling into shoulder tackle they would also hit a double boot. Then slow it down by working on Mark’s back, Mark isn’t selling shit though. Jay finally gets the hot tag in and snaps off a rana on Claudio then a couple of chops and a dropkick. He forearms Hero in the corner and super kicks Claudio and goes right back to Hero with a powerslam for 2. Chin breaker and clothesline over the top to Claudio, which allows Mark to hit the “Jay Driller” for 3. Briscoe’s up 1-0. 30 second rest period is over and they go right to work on Double C, but he manages to turn it around dumping Jay over the top and hits Mark with a middle-rope uppercut. Now Claudio sets up Jay for the bit swing but Mark stops that in mid-move with a kick to the back, neckbreaker by Jay gets 2. Jay gets a front-suplex and Mark hits a springboard mid-air spinning corkscrew splash for 2. Briscoe’s go for another double team move but Claudio counters into a double bulldog, and hits a Mark with a spinebuster he does finally get the big swing on Mark. It should be noted HERO HAS NOT MADE HIS RETURN YET! Huge Biel by the Briscoe’s and Mark runs the ropes and hits a Claudio with a dropkick in the corner, and Jay comes in with a running boot for a 2 count, as Hero makes the save then rolls out and goes back to selling. Hero finally tags back in and hits Mark with a boot and the side spinning neckbreaker he picks Mark up and hits the front flip side-cravat off the middle rope for 2. Chokeslam countered into the “Rolling-Elbow” and Hero would hit the leg cradle suplex for 2. Jay tags back in and gets a burst of offense on Hero until Hero goes to the eyes hits the chokeslam, Hero places Jay on the top and Claudio does Claudio and runs the ropes and nails a perfect looking headscissors, Jay back to his feet and Hero kicks him in the face and Claudio does a running one too for a 2 count Hero then leaps over the top just to kick Mark in the face :lmao Back in the ring Claudio didn’t go for the cover instead he pick Jay up and hits the Alpamare Waterslide for a 2 count :lmao Ricola Bomb gets countered into a Jay Driller attempt but Tank, Bobby and Larry stop Mark for getting the springboard and Claudio back drops out of it. Mark finally gets out of it nails a beautiful springboard moonsault to the outside. In the ring, Claudio hits a springboard European Uppercut Ricola Bomb connects but Mark beaks up at two. And the springboard doomsday device ends it. ****

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Dog Collar Match Chris Jericho VS. Perry Saturn WCW Uncensored 99

Pretty fun match, Jericho was on his way out of the company at the time so you could tell they had little for him to do and he was kind of stuck between being the lead Cruiser Weight heel and a mid-card guy who was never going to get the big push. It was pretty much a comedy match with Saturn unveiling his new Marilyn Manson style look. The gimmick is a bit limited and not as exciting as the Strap match but they still did some interesting things with it and managed to pull of a solid filler bout which fit the theme of the PPV quite nicely. I would have had Jericho go over and then had Saturn enjoying the pain of the lion tamer and acting even more weird as a result of the defeat, there for freaking Jericho out and carrying on the feud.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WCW Television Title Scott Steiner VS. Booker T WCW Uncensored 99

This match is more note worthy for the fun interactions between the fans the heels than much that happened in the ring. There is very little action even if the match does last something like ten minutes, its more about Bagwell getting involved, lots of stalling and intimidation from Steiner towards the ref. There is some pretty sloppy wrestling because Booker was still a little green as a singles at this point and Steiner had seen better days. A bit of a let down all in all.

**1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WCW Title Steel Cage match Hollywood Hogan VS. Ric Flair Uncensored 99

The first four or five minutes of this is actually not bad and reminds you what Flair and Hogan were capable of, but from there it descends into a silly mess. The main problem being too many complications/add-ons and outside interference in what isn't even that long a match. You would think it being in a cage and for Hogan's World Title would have been enough, but no WCW had to go over board, also Flair's career was on the line (AGAIN!) and if he won not only would he get the belt but he would be WCW President FOR LIFE! (or at least as long as the company stays in business), and did I mention it was also a first blood match! A first blood match which ends in a pin fall mind you, part of that might have been down to Robinson's biased towards Flair but surely he could have just called for the bell when Hogan was bleeding. Then you have the involvement from David Flair (with a very young Torrie Wilson) and Arn Anderson and you have overkill city. The main purpose of the match is to actually start a Flair heel turn and set the table for Hogan's return to the red and yellow.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Sami Callihan - PWG All Star Weekend 9: Night 2
Nice change of pace to see a PWG match show some in-ring psychology, as the match for the most part revolved around the injured leg of O'Reilly. There was some really good back and forth action between the two, until the focal point went back onto the leg every few minutes. That focus brought out some great sequences and reversals, which all featured their signature submission moves at some point in the match. The selling of all that was brilliant by O'Reilly as well, who never let the attention get away from it. Just an all-round fantastic performance from him. 8/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Adam Cole vs. Drake Younger - PWG All Star Weekend 9: Night 2
I haven't seen that much from Drake Younger, but this is probably the best match I've seen him in. Some wrestlers can get away with no-selling big moves in matches and I think Drake is one of them. He does a great job of just looking like a freak who works off adrenaline, and Drake fighting back to everything Adam Cole threw it him was the main story here. It came to a point where Cole knew he couldn't keep him down, so rolled him up and held on to the tights for the win :lmao A cheap ending, but it suits heel Adam Cole down to a tee and also made Drake look strong in defeat. Really good stuff. 7/10