Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2011 - RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Rey Mysterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Alex Riley vs. Evan Bourne vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger

This one wasn't quite as good as the Smackdown one due to some botchers, but there was still some pretty good stuff here. The first half was pretty bad but they just went balls to the wall for the second half of the match with some great high spots to help out the match. I liked the spot where The Miz fell off the ladder and blew out his knee, Evan Bourne doing a shooting star press off of the ladder onto everyone in the match on the outside, Rey and Kofi knocking everyone out on the outside, Alberto Del Rio unmasking Rey Mysterio and Mysterio falling off of the ladder. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Can Change Hands Via DQ: Randy Orton vs. Christian

This was their usual excellent little match with all kinds of great counter sequences, but the icing on the cake was the well-booked finish which made Christian come off looking like a CLB BASTARD!, cowardly heel and puts Orton over even more as a badass. The post match beat down is good and the crowd loves it. And for some reason announce tables never seem to break for RKOs. It was probably the weakest of their series, but even so it was still very good. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money in the Bank 2011 - WWE Championship: Champion John Cena vs. CM Punk

Without out a doubt wrestling's Match of the Year for 2011. Everything fell into place with this match in a storytelling sense and a wrestling sense. The crowd was electric, and was completely into this one, it had the buzz that had been missing from a Pro Wrestling match from me for sometime. The action also was fantastic. I give the WWE mad props for giving Cena and Punk a full 35 minutes to tell a story and they deliver, and told an AMAZING STORY. It was a classic case of both guys going back and forth, giving a technical showcase and a big back and forth feel, with no man getting a major advantage for minutes on end, and the turned it up towards the end, with some great near falls down the stretch. Even the Ace/McMahon sighting made helped the match, as Cena used it in a great storytelling moment, NOT wanting to repeat the Montreal Screwjob of 97′, only for Punk to take advantage and win the WWE Championship in one of the most stunning title changes in recent memory. This would totally be a five star match it it wasn't for some of the mishaps and botches. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Ventetta 2005 - Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe

That match was all kinds of awesome. However, the story they went for here was fantastically executed, with Joe’s leg selling being pretty spot-on save that one running boot. I like this one over the Night Of The Grudges 2 match cause and I think not having Pure Title rules helped them out as well. Again it really felt like they needed five more minutes to round off their drama with more nearfall exchanges at the death. ****

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Hell in A Cell 2009: World Heavyweight Championship- CM Punk(c) versus The Undertaker

I'm very disappointed that this match only got 10-11 minutes. It felt rushed and they tried to fit too much into the small amount of time. With Edge out, Punk was supposed to be the top heel on Smackdown and him being fed to Taker like this killed a lot of the heat that he had built up during the Jeff Hardy feud. Not a great way to blow of a feud and not better than the submission match they had the month before at Breaking Point, even considering that match's horrible ending. ** 1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Vendetta 2005 - ROH World Championship: Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong

These two wrestled a week before this in a underrated match, in Connecticut i think the show was called "This Means War" i should really watch that match again. Anyway if i remember in that match they started off with some great mat wrestling but by the end they were stiffing the fuck out of each other which was full of AMAZINGNESS, AND EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH. These two kept a intensity and crazy pace from bell-to-bell, I really enjoyed the story with Danielson again looking to dominate the challenger, but Strong never truly staying down. The match was continually Dragon on offence for a few minutes before Roderick fired back with a flurry that Danielson has never seen and some of the sounds of the hits Roddy put on Danielson is cringe worthy good. But Danielson would weather that storm and find a way to get full control again. I loved that the intensity never died down which was good because it felt like these two truly hated each other e.g. every spitting, pokes to the eye, slaps, chop looked worse then the one before. ****3/4 Will never get boring. EVER!!!!!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Vendetta 2005 - 8-Man Tag Team War: Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Jack Evans & Matt Sydal (w/Daizee Haze & Jade Chung) vs. Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, Abyss & Prince Nana

So Steel Cage Warfare coming up, they needed to determine which side gets the advantage and they don't flip coins here, so the winner gets the advantage in the upcoming match. How brilliant is it that Rave was one of the biggest heels in the company for stealing AJ's move, spent most of the year getting his ass kicked for it, and then goes and steals Triple H's move?! Great booking there. The match was just wall-to-wall action, It reminded me of the 10-man match on Raw 2000 but just not as awesome. And the Haze heel turn, WHAT!. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2011 - Six Man Tag: The Miz, R-Truth, and Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, and Rey Mysterio

Creative clearly had nothing for these guys so they just threw them together for the opener, and it turned out to be pretty good with a ton of energy that got better as it went on. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2011 - Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan probably gave Wade Barrett his best match of all time. This was just a excellent straight up wrestling match Bryan sold Wade's shitty heat segment and made it look allot better than it came off. My 2nd problem was the crowd not giving a fuck about anything that was going on it's just sad that some people pay hundreds of dollars and just cheer for two guys in a space of 3 hours. Oh and Wade going over was silly but i guess WWE viewed it as Bryan has the briefcase, they can beat him like a drum and it won’t matter when he cashes in. Then it’ll be his fault when he doesn't get over as champ. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SummerSlam 2011 - No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs. Christian

So the Orton/Christian feud has come to its finale well is PPV matches. It’s Before the match, Christian brings out Edge. While you would think Edge would give him his total support, Edge tells Christian that he thinks he has become a whiny, CRYING LITTLE BITCH. And then Edge just walks out. :lmao Okay now for the match. These guys have had what, half a dozen matches against each other? While this one might not be the technical masterpiece that their Over the Limit encounter was, it's just a complete 180 with the hardcore spots and was just a total brawl. First it Started off with the usual counter wrestling that we've gotten use to then they turned it into a brawl with some brutal spots. One thing i noticed and thought was smart was that Christian loses the title with the same move that he first lost the title to but this time it was onto the steel steps. There were all kinds of psychology thrown in too to show us how well each man knows the other after so many matches together, and some of the spots were pretty brutal as well. Great match here, and that would appear to blow the feud off for good as Christian goes down clean and decisively. The whole series has been great, and it’s definitely time to move on, but this was a tremendous way to end it. ****1/4 - ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2011 - WWE Championship Match: CM Punk vs. John Cena
Triple H is the special referee just because he doesn't want any silliness to happen like in their last match, WAIT the nothing happen with the refs in the MITB match. Anyway the match was fine but nothing spectacular like we've gotten use to. Cena's offense was pretty bad here he was off his game and most of the stuff he did just didn't look smooth. Same goes with Punk's bumping maybe it was the month off or because he was pissed that he would be dropping the belt. IDK! Post Match: Triple H raises Punk's hand and claps a few times on his way to the back. Punk celebrates in the ring when suddenly Kevin Nash of all people hops in the ring and destroys Punk with a Jacknife powerbomb! Pretty big pop for Nash as he takes off into the crowd afterwards. Triple H doesn't look happy about that. So of course who should come out but Alberto Del Rio with his Money in the Bank briefcase! The bell rings and we've got ourselves a title match.

WWE Championship Match: CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio hits his stiff step up enziguri on Punk as soon as the bell rings and that's enough to pin Punk and give Del Rio his first WWE title. The idea and execution was done right but everything after this was a mess. DUD!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 08/30/2011 - Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs. Randy Orton

I've said it time and time again that Christian and Randy Orton have phenomenal chemistry with each other, and IMO it's the best in the WWE. And they pretty much displayed it in this match. Christian and Orton found a way to make each match exciting and distinct. This match seemed poised to be the blow-off match for their feud and it was cause post match Henry destroyed Orton in the cage and raised the World Title :mark: HALL OF PAIN! but before that i must speak more on the match. The final few minutes were exciting to watch with the counters and fakeouts and callbacks to spots from previous matches. The finish with Christian attempting the Killswitch from the top rope only to get RKO from the top rope instead was great. A fantastic end to a feud that always delivered in the ring. ****

Post Match: Mark Henry’s music hits and he quickly makes his way to the ring. Henry enters the cage and Orton quickly cuts him off with punches. Henry head-butts him down and stomps Orton. Henry picks Orton up and drives him headfirst into the cage. Henry picks him up and goes for it again, but Orton slides off. Orton punches, but Henry quickly clotheslines him down. Henry picks him up and head-butts him right back down. Henry hits a big splash and yells at Orton to get up. Henry picks him up and launches him into the cage. The crowd boos loudly for Henry. Henry drags him into the ring and picks up his limp body to finish him off with the World’s Strongest Slam! Henry stands over him and screams at him! Henry holds up the World Heavyweight Championship as Smackdown ends!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Invasion 2001 - X-Pac vs. Billy Kidman

I did find it hilarious that Kidman is a face working for the heel organization, and X-Pac is a heel working for the face organization. The match was slow and disappointing i was fully expecting a face past cruiserweight WCW style match but this had allot of rest holds and it just didn't work for a 7 minute match. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Invasion 2001 - WWF Hardcore Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam

Man haven't seen this match since '03 i remember everyone calling it the greatest match in years :lmao, don't get me wrong it's fun but not that fun. It was just a good 12 minute spot-feast match with allot of high risk spots. I did love how RVD used this match to get his shit in and became the most over guy in WCW/ECW. Oh and RVD hit the Van Daminator on Hardy who fell off the stage was pretty awesome. ***1/2 i should also mention the bumping was great i just wish they would of sold more.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Invasion 2001 - The Inaugural Brawl: Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page, Rhyno & The Dudley Boyz (w/Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon & Paul Heyman) vs. Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Kane & The Undertaker (w/Vince McMahon)

fun brawl here with a head scratching HEEL TURN from Austin, which don't get me wrong I marked when i saw it live for the first time but looking at it now It's supposed to be a Hogan at Bash at the Beach moment, but A) that had been done to death at that point and B) that was booked a lot better than this. For one thing, Hogan only came out at the end of the match. He didn't spend the whole match beating the shit out of Hall and Nash as part of some elaborate ruse. But before the obvious SWERVE! they did some great storytelling with Taker/DDP, the Dudleyz teamwork, Alliance cheating, Angle stepping up HUGE when Austin FAKED the knee injury. ***1/2 - ***3/4