Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Chris Jericho vs Meng

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Public Enemy vs Steiner Brothers

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Jeff Jarrett vs Scotty Riggs

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVII - World Heavyweight Championship: Edge (w/Christian) vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Brodus Clay & Ricardo Rodriguez)

Del Rio won the Royal Rumble and thereby earned the right to main event, or, well, jerk the curtain I guess here on the biggest night of the year. The match started off pretty slow, but the action would eventually pick up. This wasn't too bad of a match and it really got WM off to a positive start.....even though a match like this should have been later on the card. I still think Del Rio does the best Enziguri in the business today. The match was clean until Ricardo Rodriguez got involved, which of course got both Christian and Brodus Clay to fight at ringside. Just good back and forth action. I was upset that ADR didn't go over here. Despite all the mic time, cars, personal ring announcers, and the RR victory, a whole lot of that is rendered moot through this loss. However, Edge retiring and Christian's storybook win put this in a new light. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVII - Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Rey inadvertently smashed Cody's face with his knee-brace during a 619, causing the pretty boy to become hideous and depressed. Rey's superhero motif this year: Captain America. Good showing from Rhodes here as they two have some decent chemistry. Cody going over was also the right decision but too much repetition in Rey's offense drags it down. Loved the ending with the mask/knee brace switch. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVII - CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

This was another good match between these two, not as good as the LMS match a month later but still a rather fun first match. I liked Punk's knee work but the finish seemed thrown together with no build and Punk was doing out of character moves just to set up Orton's moves too obviously. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Wrestlemania XXVII - No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H

First off i just wanna say Jim Ross added so much to the match announcing, the guy truly is AMAZING at what he does. It was also good not having Cole do it. Well this match has to be one of the most "Love it or Hate it" matches in Wrestling, I personally love it. With HHH throwing everything at Taker and refusing to stay down until that final bell sounded. But as much as i enjoyed it the first half of the match was kind of bland, where as there was big move, stall for a minute, another move, ect. But they did build to the epic climax finish. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2011 - Last Man Standing Match: Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Just a brutal war that made good use of the stipulation. This also outdid their Wrestlemania match in my opinion, and was an excellent choice as an opener. Although there were a few slow spots in the mix, this match served it's purpose as a good opener and it featuring a kendo stick as the main weapon of use, this match contained lots of hard and fast hits, as well as a few creative spots. CM Punk's GTS to Randy Orton on the steel steps was brilliant, along with Randy Orton's attempt to DDT CM Punk from the barrier. And while we all may get tired of the always expected "RKO out of nowhere," Orton's finisher on the table to a disgruntled Punk was great. And the top rope RKO was pretty badass. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2011 - Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

I’m a Christian fan so it was great to see him get the big win here. It sucks that he would lose it 48 hours later, still it would have been nice to see him at least make it to the next PPV. As far as the match itself goes, it was great and easily the best one of the night. Alberto really stepped up to the plate in this match, showing that he can take some big bumps. With some great chemistry between these two wrestlers, a great story to tell, as well as interference that actually helped add depth to the match. The ladder spots were well thought out and well executed, and at many points, I was convinced that Del Rio was going to take the title home. **** - ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2011 - Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: The Miz vs. John Morrison vs. John Cena

I think that The Rock costing Cena the Title at Wrestlemania was supposed to be a big deal, but any effect that may have had was just wiped out when he wins it a month later. Oh well. Morrison was the star of the match as he brought the insane high spots, Miz brought the Gold, and Cena brought the wrestling/experience that would ultimately lead to him winning the title again. The Truth run-in was good too just a shame the crowd no sold it and gave him zero heat. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 05/06/2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian vs. Randy Orton

Such a great TV match. That had a huge pop for the win, but both guys had the crowd in the palm of their hands the entire time. The match was very well executed and structured to provide some great drama and nearfalls at the end. Very exciting, it was shocking to see this at the time. My only regret was reading the spoilers before watching the match. Oh and the camera work as well to capture a nice range of emotions through each man's facial expressions. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2011 - Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

Truth's old "What's Up" music is gone obviously, as now he has no music at all, just a quick soundbite of his new catchphrase. Truth gets some great heat here actually as he cuts a rambling promo about his parking spot and how he's going to take Mysterio's spot for the show tonight. I totally forgot how much fun this was and the shocking result with Truth going over made it that much more fun. The match was fast-paced and exciting while it lasted and could have easily used a few extra minutes. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian vs. Randy Orton

16 minutes of beautiful Back and forth counters and reversals which made for a phenomenal story with each man becoming more and more desperate to just hit something BIG, and Christian’s desperation selling was amazing. Some great nearfalls too especially after the spear that was a counter to Orton's punt kick. This blew their Smackdown match out of the water (and that match was great in it's own right). These guys have uncanny chemistry together and this was downright incredible with each man countering each other's signature spots in ways never seen before while the crowd went crazy for everything they did. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 - United States Championship: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero)

Very solid opener here as these two have good chemistry together, but the idea of a ref stoppage due to a sleeper is not really over at this point. Everyone, including the announcers was very confused about what was going on. But other than that just the normal fun back and fourth match we've been getting from these two. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 - The Miz vs. Alex Riley

Riley has been Miz’ BITCH dating back to their days on NXT, but after one screw up too many, Miz had enough and kicked him to the curb. Riley then finally stood up for himself and unleashed his inner Riley 3:16 and RAPED Miz. God damn this was a dull match with some mediocre comebacks and Miz's heat segment was much better. Since this “big” win, it’s been nothing but downhill for Riley as he has jobbed and won by DQ since then. **