Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 - Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

If i remember correctly they had 2 matches on RAW Punk would win one and Rey would win the other, so this is the rubber match and the winner would be number one contender. Nexus is banned from ringside because of their involvement in past matches. This was a really great match which told a great story with Mysterio's high-flying and athleticism while Punk showed his smarts by countering and coming up with new moves to keep him grounded, and the AWESOME false finishes towards the end, which still got me while i was watching. MARK! ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian vs. Randy Orton

Yet another really good match from these two, buy not as good as the previous month but still a great match to watch. Plenty of counters again but also the added dynamic of the Orton concussion coming into play, which Orton sells very well. and the screwy finish with Christian's foot under the ropes does bring it brings it down a little, but it was still a good way of adding a new element to the feud. ***3/4 - ****

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus - ROH Hunt For Gold
Good opener to the show here. I really like O'Reilly and Fish as a team, and although we didn't see them in full force here they're clearly a team who have good chemistry together. Can't exactly say the same for Whitmer and Titus, but they still manged to keep up with the other team and put together some nice, fast paced spots the get the crowd going. ***

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/97: Rey Mysterio Jr vs Syxx

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Roderick Strong vs. Silas Young - ROH Hunt For Glory
This is my first time watching Silas Young. I think he's one of the people that was brought in alongside the array of average wrestlers such as Caprice Coleman, Cedric Alexander and Matt Taven a few months ago. BUT, he did look good here in this match. He may look generic and past his prime, but for 12 minutes or so he showed some good stuff. He showed good charisma, agility, and kept up to pace with Roddy very well. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him to be honest. ***

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kevin Steen vs. Tadarius Thomas - ROH Hunt For Gold
The perfect kind of story for this match. Kevin Steen didn't think much of the challenger, made jokes throughout the whole match, nearly got caught out, and eventually won comfortably in the end. The action was pretty good as well, with Steen controlling the match and Thomas delivering some of his unique kicks to get back into the match. Steen has certainly had better title defenses, but I will didn't expect any more than what I saw here. ***

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The Briscoes vs. American Wolves - ROH Hunt For Gold
It's great to see the Wolves back again. Their little feud post BITW '11 left things in a bad way for them, so it was good to see them just move on with the storyline and forget how bad that storyline left things between them. Here, they were able to put on a really solid bout against the Briscoes, who although haven't been on their top form for quite sometime now, managed to put in a good performance as well. The action was nothing new, it was the same old stuff you'd see from both teams, but the action was good and the execution of all the moves were spot on. Not their finest match by a long shot, but a fun main event nonetheless. ***1/2

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Diamond Dallas Page vs Psychosis

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Dean Malenko vs Prince Iaukea

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Syxx vs Juventud Guerrera

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Chris Beniot vs Lord Steven Regal

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Amazing French Canadians vs Lex Luger/Giant

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 4/21/1997: Barbarian vs Steve McMichael

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2011 - SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Kane vs. Sin Cara vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater

This was the craziest spot-fest ladder match I think I've ever seen, since maybe the 2000 triple tag team ones back in the 2000 days and this quite possible be the 2nd best MITB match ever, number one being the first ever MITB match. Lots of great stuff here with everyone doing whatever they could to stand out. This was fast paced right from the start, with a plethora of high spots and big bumps, which you'd expect from this group. Highlights for myself were Sheamus power bombing Sin Cara through a ladder on the outside, and Kane & Shaemus hitting a Doomsday Device on Daniel Bryan. I must say Bryan's win was incredibly shocking and hugely emotional, and that crowd popped for it huge. ****1/4 This was also the match that got Sheamus over as all blown babyface.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2011 - Big Show vs. Mark Henry

For two monsters this was a great monster vs. monster match that was kept short and played to their strengths: pounding the shit out of each other with heavy blows and slams. A little bit of psychology with Henry attacking the knee added to the match. The goal of the match was to put Henry over as a killing machine, it certainly accomplished that. Also gotta love these two bumping for each other and Show going to the middle rope for a flying shoulder tackle. **1/2