Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2010 - United States Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Ted Dibiase (w/Maryse)

Dibiase gave up the Million Dollar Title, basically saying that he wanted to earn his gold, and then attacked Bryan on Raw to setup this match here. And tbf this another good match from Bryan, nothing special but it also keeps on winning, both of which are combining to get him over. Bryan continued to prove that he is the modern day Excellence of Execution and gave DiBiase the best singles match of his career thus far. The suicide Dive was beautiful, that suplex from the apron was NASTY! and Bryan definitely had to injure his back carrying this entire match. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Sheamus vs. John Morrison

Morrison has taken exception to Sheamus bullying various people around lately and stood up to him on behalf of everyone. Sheamus booted him in the face on Raw to accept the challenge. Another pretty good match from these two here they've had a couple of really good matches in 2010. Sheamus looked like the established veteran main eventer, here with very good leg work after the feeling out process. And Morrison's comeback was nice cause of his flashy Parkour style. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Intercontinental Championship Match: Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero) vs. Kaval

This pretty solid but could of been a hell of allot better, at times the action was fun but then it had parts when the action was slow and poorly executed in places so they lost the crowd near then end. The anticlimactic finish with the botched pinfall attempts really hurt it.This would also be Kaval's 1st and only PPV match as he would leave the company a couple days later. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Traditional Survivor Series Match: Team Mysterio (Big Show, Chris Masters, Kofi Kingston, MVP and Rey Mysterio) vs. Team Del Rio (Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Tyler Reks, and Albert Del Rio)

This was a good fun match and it continued the issue between Del Rio and Rey. My only slightly problem with this is the foregone conclusion ending which got predictable as time. ***1/4 Oh and the whole of team Rey wearing matching Blue was dope.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2010 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Kane vs. Edge

Edge won a number one contenders match on Smackdown, and then decided to get in Kane’s head by kidnapping and torturing Paul Bearer. He brings an empty wheelchair with him to the ring to taunt Kane. This match had it moments like when Edge would show some speed and using Kane's aggressiveness against him. Just a shame Edge is so banged up that even his speed looks like slow motion, oh and the Dusty finish might be the worse/lamest fucking finish humanly possible. I would of preferred a DQ than a double pin. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2010 - WWE Championship Match: Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

If you think about it now several options here, like turning John Cena heel and officially joining Nexus; Barrett winning, Cena gets set free, kicks Barrett's ass and Miz cashes in MITB; or just Barrett winning and getting his ass kicked... but WWE went with the easy, safe option, the one that was most boring: Orton retaining and Cena being "fired." But was Cena really fired cause he would just show up on Raw every week for 4 straight weeks. Okay as for the match it was that slow boring style match Wade and Orton have been for for 2 years now the dramatic structure of the match was nonexistent and Cena as the special ref did nothing for the match. *3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2010 - Triple Threat Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger

Pretty fun opener, There were some nice spots in this match. You could tell, however, that they did not want to overdue it with the big spots. Just a shame the was really lame. Kofi and Swagger both yanked the title off, it fell and Ziggler retrieved it on the floor. The idea here was that you must pull the title down and hold it to win, but that is really a stretch. That being said, I liked Kofi's work on Swagger's hand, I liked Dolph leapfrogging both and using the sleeper on top, but man it was just a tease. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2010 - Ladder Match: John Morrison vs. Sheamus

Morrison beat him at Survivor Series while Sheamus evened the score in the King of the Ring, so now we get the rubber match with a shot at the WWE Title on the line. AND YEP! this still holds up. These two have a great chemistry together in the ring, and it showed in this match. Sheamus adapted to the ladder match quite well, and it just shows once again that he belongs in the spot he is in. I really liked this one as they didn't try and throw out a bunch of highlight reel spots, but rather they built it around trying to win the match. Morrison's selling of the leg was great, and Sheamus' stiffness and brutality really shone through here. He really looked like a BADASS! ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2010 - Tables Match for the WWE Championship: The Miz vs. Randy Orton

This wasn't a match, more of a “Let’s get more heat on The Miz” exercise. And it worked to an extent. A well booked match that did a good job of making The Miz look like a undeserving champion. However, the problem is that the WWE have done this time and again booking guys fairly weekly. It also wasn't very interesting until the end. Orton powerbombs Riley through a table while the ref is down and Miz gives Orton a skull crushing finale. He puts Orton in the wreckage of the table and the ref declares Miz the winner. Everything is shown on the replay and the ref starts the match over. The match ended when Orton put Miz back in the ring and Riley used a shoulder tackle on Orton, and thus the Miz retains. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2010 - Fatal Four Way TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. Albert Del Rio vs. Edge vs. Kane

This was originally two singles matches, but they were merged together this week on Smackdown because someone obviously woke up and realized that Kane and Edge in a TLC match has NO BYES written all over it. I was expecting a bit more creativity in the storytelling, or at least some new spots. But They didn't do anything that was super dangerous, with the worst thing probably being Del Rio’s fall at the end, but it still came across as suitably violent and really enjoyable. This is almost as good as the Morrison/Sheamus match earlier in the night. Matt Striker makes a mistake by saying the first TLC match was at No Mercy 1999 even though it was at Summerslam 2000. Seriously, hire better commentators. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2010 - Chairs Match: John Cena vs. Wade Barrett

CM Punk comes out to replace Matt Striker on the commentary team for the last match. MARK! After Cena was fired last month, he continually harassed Nexus until Barrett rehired him for a match here. Vintage WWE The rest of the Nexus was taken out earlier in the night by an unknown person or persons, which meant Barrett had to go this match alone. I have to say this is as definitive a blowoff of the Cena/Nexus feud as you’re gonna get. Cena totally varied this for the entire 20 minutes and even made Wade look watchable at times, until he took over and his shitty offense bored me to death. After the match, Cena drops a strand of chairs that had been hanging as part of the set on top of Wade (who was laying safely under a rolling pallet). That's sold as some kind of big deal and led to Punk taking over the Nexus, but it's not nearly as impressive as they made it out to be. **1/2

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Austin Aries vs. Sami Callihan (Sorry, didn’t find when it happened)

Austin Aries starting a regular heel promo. Aries cutting a joke about Callihan’s mother followed by Callihan going right after him but the ref stops him. Code of honor answered by both men and the match is underway. The match starting with some nice technical wrestling. After like two/three minutes of nice technical wrestling Aries backs up in the corner as fans boo him. He then looks at Callihan with a smile on his face and goes on to open the ropes and ask him to leave. Callihan refuses to do so, so Aries gets away from the ropes but Callihan shoves him straight to the ropes again. Callihan: "Come on, let’s wrestle." Aries points his finger to the ground and tells Callihan to get on all four. Some nice mat-wrestling coming up. From this point on the match really starts. A decent match with good storytelling by both men, mostly by Aries who plays his heel character on the top level. **3/4

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio.

A great 4way match. Every single superstar had some nice spots. We had it all, the double-teaming on one guy, group fights and some great, great action in the last 10 minutes of the match. Chris Jericho looked like a beast here. He made the match watchable for me. He made some nice counters and came really close to winning but then Orton hit the RKO on Jericho, then on Del Rio and even tried it on Sheamus but Sheamus pushed him away and hit the Brogue Kick. Jericho rolled Sheamus into the school boy but Sheamus kicked out, hit the White Noise and retains his title. Nothing special but it wasn’t that bad either. ** 1/2

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio.

A great 4way match. Every single superstar had some nice spots. We had it all, the double-teaming on one guy, group fights and some great, great action in the last 10 minutes of the match. Chris Jericho looked like a beast here. He made the match watchable for me. He made some nice counters and came really close to winning but then Orton hit the RKO on Jericho, then on Del Rio and even tried it on Sheamus but Sheamus pushed him away and hit the Brogue Kick. Jericho rolled Sheamus into the school boy but Sheamus kicked out, hit the White Noise and retains his title. Nothing special but it wasn’t that bad either. ** 1/2
So was it a great match or nothing special?

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So was it a great match or nothing special?

Nothing special. I get what you're trying to say. First I wrote it was a great 4-way match. Yes, but the fact it was great doesn't automaticly say it was one of those really awesome OMGWTF matches.

Also, if you'd stop getting to me whenever you have a chance to, that'd be great. Since I stated my opinion in the Oscar Pistorius thread you're acting like I killed your wife or something. Chill the fuck out.