Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 04/05/2001 - WWF Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley)

Triple H heads out to the ring first then knocks Jericho off the apron, sending him face-first into the barricade. Triple H goes out and throws Jericho into the steps then drops him onto the barrier and tosses him in the ring. Triple H stomps Jericho down then whips him into the other corner but Jericho comes back with a clothesline. Jericho gets in his offense with some chops then whips Triple H but lowers the head and Triple H kicks the face. Jericho backdrops Triple H over the ropes then knocks him back off the apron with the springboard dropkick. Jericho climbs to the top rope and connects with a flying crossbody before whipping Triple H into the steps. Jericho decks Triple H onto the announce table and works him over until Triple H shoves him off the table. Jericho throws Triple H back in the ring then climbs to the top rope again looking for a missile dropkick. This time Triple H swats Jericho away and Jericho clutches his knee when Triple H chokes him in the ropes. Triple H distracts the referee while Stephanie gets in a slap then drills Jericho with a DDT and gets a two count. Triple H hammers Jericho with the count-along punches in a corner then whips him and slaps on a sleeperhold. Jericho begins to fade but fights out of it and starts to rally until Triple stops that with a knee to the chest. Triple H whips Jericho but Jericho comes back with a flying forearm then tries to fight back again with chops. Jericho whips Triple H but lowers the head and Triple H hits the facebuster. Triple H sets Jericho up for the Pedigree but Jericho counters it and catapults Triple H into the turnbuckles then hits the bulldog and the Lionsault. Jericho covers Triple H but Stephanie hops on the apron and distracts the referee from making the count. Jericho goes over and grabs Stephanie by the hair then rears back as if to punch her but Triple H pulls him away. Jericho takes Triple H down into the Walls of Jericho and Triple H taps but again Stephanie distracts the referee. Now William Regal runs in with a chair in hand but Jericho cuts him off then grabs the chair and blasts Regal. Stephanie comes in but Jericho blocks a slap then pulls Stephanie down and puts her in the Walls of Jericho. Stephanie is tapping out to no avail but Triple H is able to grab the chair and whacks Jericho in the face with it. The referee gets Regal out of the ring then turns around as Triple H covers Jericho … but only gets a two count. Triple H is surprised that Jericho kicked out of the chairshot and crowd is cheering for Jericho to come back. However Triple H squashes that brief ray of hope with the Pedigree and sadly gets the 1..2..3 for the win. The Helmsley's celebrate while we see Austin watching a monitor in the back looking pleased with this turnout. ***1/2 Such an awesome match they have such amazing chemistry, and you put in the total angry desperation from Jericho cause his title is on the line this time and that he's never beaten H before so you know this was full of great counters, drama ect.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico PWG 2011 Battle of Los Angeles
Not exactly up there with the best of their matches together, but this was a good conclusion to a very good BOLA event. Despite working two matches already that night, both guys put on a face paced match filled with the kind of hatred you'd expect from them. With the 15 minutes that they had (I think), they managed to include some stiff enough action, signature moves, nearfalls, and a sick Brainbuster on the apron without the match coming across rushed. Steen's interactions with one kid in an El Generico mask at ringside was too much of a focal point in my opinion (although it was pretty funny at first), but that didn't take a whole lot away from the match overall. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli

This is Double C’s ROH debut, and it was a fun one. The match was largely an exhibition to feed someone to Nigel while giving Claudio a chance to make an impression. It was fun and left a lot of room to come back and do a rematch down the road. ** (Man it's weird seeing Claudio/Antonio then and looking at him now)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - Austin Aries vs. El Generico

AHHHHHH a young, whiter and skinnier Generico. Generico looks like a 8 year old here. I know I didn't say much about the match, but it was just a match that was neither amazing nor horrible. It was actually a fun contest, with Generico again playing the underdog very well, and having a brief, yet enjoyable flurry of offensive towards the end as he looked for the upset. But this did have a few awkward spots from a very nervous Generico which we would never see from him today aside from that this was an enjoyable match. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - Four-Corner Survival Match: Homicide (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Azrieal vs. Kevin Steen vs. Dixie

Can you spot the ROH Main Eventer from ROH jobbers. This was nothing more than a spotfest, but at least it was fairly clean, and didn't go on for too long. Steen was fine for this sort of match, since he has cool spots and throws around smaller guys like Dixie and Azrieal like they’re nothing. his is the first time Dixie actually did anything memorable. He actually overshadowed Azrieal in the match, which sure doesn't take much effort to do but still Dixie is a horrible worker and for him to look better than a shitty wrestler takes some work. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - ROH Tag Team Championships, Ultimate Endurance: The Carnage Crew vs. Dunn & Marcos vs. The Embassy (w/Nana & Jade Chung) vs. Lacey's Angels (w/Lacey)

There were a few too many mistakes although it’s a miracle there weren't more in the spot heavy early going. this was some of the worse wrestling I've ever seen and the final fall might be the worse attempt at wrestling EVER. The announcers tried to put the CC over as long-suffering veterans who deserve respect, but C'MON that's like trying to put over Jeff Hardy is a technical Wrestler. 1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong

This was really good. They seemed to mesh really well together as this was a fast paced hard hitting match. AJ seemed like he wanted to take it a little too far at times but just as he was at the edge Roderick would hit him with a knock out punch. One thing i did notice was how this was your typical put together AJ match with a tons of awesome, innovative spots, lots of physicality, but some damn awful selling at times or LACK of selling. Seriously, some of the stuff these guys did was unreal…like the half nelson backbreaker to Styles Clash finish for instance. But you just can’t rate this any higher with such glaring selling problems from AJ. Strong absolutely massacred his back, hitting all his trademark backbreakers, even coming up with a new way to hit one on the apron and AJ would just shrug it off and hit the Springboard DDT, Spiral Taps and the Pele kick. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - Pure Championship: Samoa Joe vs. Jimmy Rave (w/The Embassy)

Rave won a match at "Escape Of New York" i think to get this match, i don't remember who it was against tho. That was a super hot match with great offense on both sides. With Joe absolutely destroying Rave, but Rave would not stay down and kept using underhanded tactics to take control, really good booking here. Seriously, nobody was more over as a heel in ROH than Jimmy Rave from 2005-2007 nobody has deserved that heat more. He’s become an awesome slimy bastard that you just have to hate. ***1/4 While that was all kinds fun it also went a bit too long.

After the match Nana blames Jade for ruining Rave's chance to be a champion. He tells her to get to the floor and be a footstool again, but Rave misses his mark and falls to the ground. Nana loses it and gets ready to slug her when the lights go out. When they come back on Matt Hardy stands in the ring and the Embassy bails. The crowd gets on his anti-WWE bandwagon as he puts over ROH. But after a whole lot of talking he says that he's not here to talk, rather he's here to work. :lmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - Matt Hardy vs. Christopher Daniels (w/Allison Danger)

This was a very WWE-ish match, both guys did a great job of selling the exhaustion, as well as telling the story of "one-up man ship" to each other, dishing out bigger and bigger moves and going for constant pins as they attempted to get the win. My only problem with the match is that the ending felt a little overbooked, but i guess they wanted to protect Daniels seeing how he has a world title shot coming up on the next show. ***1/2 If this match happened in the WWE or TNA people would have loved it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate of an Angel - ROH World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk vs. James Gibson

That match was fantastic, as both guys looked tremendous and the crowd heat was great. The bloodshed, the violence, incredible moves. The nearfalls at the end were just unreal, and the whole match just had a sense of epic about it. I really can’t put this over enough. Tremendous psychology from Punk again, as he worked the neck and bloody head all match to set up for the Anaconda Vice. Gibson was ON here too with him ultimately not wanting to submit regardless of what happened to him. Punk ended up getting tired of getting the win the ideal way and just cheated instead. The blood was a nice addition although Punk’s were unplanned. ****1/4

AF.

Reaction score
Survivor Series 2003 - Team Lesnar (Jones, Morgan, A-Train, Show) vs. Team Angle (Cena, JBL, Benoit, Holly)

What isn't there to like about this match? Perfect opener for a PPV. The amount of size in Lesnar's team is incredible. I love the way this match was booked. Holly unleashes on Lesnar to get himself eliminated playing upon the events of a year ago when Lesnar broke Holly's neck (continuity). Holly doesn't care he's eliminated because he had his chance to hurt Lesnar. JBL quickly eliminates A-Train with a Clothesline from Hell (underrated finisher) then is quickly eliminated himself and you can tell the match isn't going to drag. They move into the WWE formula for all it's tag matches when the big men dominate Cena for a good portion but thankfully that ends quickly and the match breaks into chaos. I love Lesnar's elimination. Benoit's tenacity and constant workdown on Lesnar made it believable that a guy like Benoit could submit Brock and didn't make Brock look weak in the slightest. The ending is great, and the crowd always pops for an FU on Show, but I think this was one of the first times this happened in the WWE and the crowd went NUTS.

Great ending, well thought out eliminations. Fun opener.

***1/4

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 04/09/2001 - Intergender Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H & Stephanie McMahon vs. The Hardy Boyz & Lita

Interesting moment as the crowd pops for Austin’s intro before remembering they’re not supposed to cheer him anymore. The men duke it out to start us off and Lita cheers the Hardyz on until Stephanie knocks her through the ropes. The Hardyz start fight back and Matt pops Austin through the ropes while Jeff dropkicks Triple H out as well. Triple H is back in and pounds away on Matt in a corner but Matt fights out and caps off with a discus punch. Jeff tags in and helps Matt whips Triple H into a corner then Matt drops down and Jeff hits Poetry in Motion. Austin is in but Matt whips him into a corner then drops down again and Jeff hits Poetry in Motion on Austin. Matt clotheslines Austin over the ropes while Jeff clibs to the top and hits Triple H with a corkscrew moonsault! Jeff covers Triple H when Austin pulls him out to the floor but Jeff decks him then shoulderblocks Triple H. Jeff slings himself over the ropes and tries to get Triple H in a Sunset Flip but Triple H is able to stay on his feet. So Matt comes in and clotheslines Triple H down to complete the Sunset Flip but Jeff only gets a two count. Matt tags in and whips Triple H but lowers the head and Triple H hits the facebuster then tags in Austin. Matt rams Austin into the buckles repeatedly and stomps him down but Austin jabs the eyes to take control. Austin slaps on a sleeper but Matt counters with a suplex then hops to the middle rope and hits the guillotine. Jeff tags in and goes for a whip but Austin reverses it and hits a spinesbuter then stomps him below the belt. Austin hammers Jeff with several rights then tags Triple H and chokes Jeff while Triple H stomps away at him. Jeff tries to fight back but Triple H trips him with a drop toehold then Austin tags in and hits an elbowdrop. Austin chokes Jeff and snapmares him then kneedrops his face and stands on his hair while pulling the arm. Triple tags in and hits a knee to the chest and Jeff tries to crawl toward his corner but Triple H cuts him off. Jeff comes back with an enzuigir and goes for his corner again but Austin gets his tag and pulls Jeff away. Jeff manages to kick Austin away and Triple H tries to stop the tag but Jeff lunges forward and tags in Matt. Matt climbs to the top rope and connects with a flying clothesline on Austin and Triple H then wails on Austin. Matt goes for a whip but Austin tosses him over the ropes then goes out and rams him into the announce table. Jeff flies onto Triple H while in the ring Lita brings Stephanie in and takes her out with the Twist of Fate. Lita climbs to the top rope and connects with a moonsault on Stephanie then gets the three count! *** The Hardyz bumping in this was great they really made HHH and Austin look like legit pricks and H bumped really well in this too, and Austin is a fucking beast as a heel, he and HHH have epic chemistry as a team, and heat segment on Jeff was an amazing. But the Post match stuff kinda overshadows the match.

Post Match: Triple H isn't happy with this and gets in Lita’s face while Austin comes up from behind with a chair in hand. Lita turns around to see Austin with the chair and stares at him but that allows Triple H to nail her from behind. Triple H stomps away at Lita and drills her with the Pedigree when Matt comes back in and spears Triple H. Jeff also comes in but Austin whacks him with the chair then whacks Matt and works him over with the chair. Lita throws herself over Matt’s body begging Austin to stop … but Austin starts attacking Lita with the chair!! Austin just brutalizes Lita with the chair. Triple H hits Jeff with the Pedigree then pulls Lita up and Austin flips her off and finishes her with the Stunner. This is much more VIOLENT than the attack on JR and the Austin beat downs would just get more EPIC as the weeks go on.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 04/12/2001 - WWF Intercontinental Championship: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy

Triple H wastes no time beating on Jeff and hammering away on him in a corner. Triple H throws Jeff through the ropes then brings him back in as we see Stephanie watching from the back. Triple H whips Jeff but Jeff comes back with a head scissors followed by a dropkick and hits a second dropkick. Triple H regains control and goes for a Pedigree but Jeff counters with a take down and hits the double legdrop. Jeff dropkicks Triple H in the face then hits the count-along punches in a corner but Triple H shoves him off. Triple H whips Jeff into a corner but Jeff runs up the turnbuckles and connects with the Whisper in the Wind. Triple H throws Jeff under the ropes then goes after him but Jeff blocks Triple H and rams him into the steps. Jeff runs across the barricade and dives at Triple H but Triple H catches him into a slightly-botched powerslam. Triple H goes for a whip. Jeff sends him into the barrier then leaps off the apron but Triple H powerslams him. Triple H whips Jeff into the steps before rolling him back in the ring when Jeff desperately tries to fight back. Jeff goes for a whip but Triple H reverses it and connects with the high knee then continues assaulting him. Triple H chokes Jeff on the middle rope then beats him down some in a corner and chokes him with his boot. Triple H whips Jeff and slaps on a sleeperhold and Jeff begins to fade but counters the hold with a jawbreaker. Jeff follows up with a Russian legsweep and climbs to the top rope but Triple H pulls the referee into the ropes. Jeff straddles the turnbuckles and the referee reprimands Triple H for that but Triple H just shoves him down. Triple H goes up and sets up for a superplex … when Matt Hardy runs in and clobbers Triple H with a chair! Triple H is down as Jeff connects with the Swanton Bomb and gets the 1..2..3!!! **3/4 Awesome veteran heel vs. underdog title match. Triple H was brutal with his beat down and really made Jeff look good and i gotta give Jeff credit his dramatic selling and desperate energetic comebacks was really good here. This was a major upset at the time and a great Smackdown moment.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Extreme Rules: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

Hands down, one of the most brutal, disturbing, beautyful and exciting matches I've ever seen. The drama, action, legitimacy and a raucous crowd who were in it from bell-to-bell, man this match had it all was all. I've heard a lot of outrage on forums about Cena winning here, but Lesnar DESTROYED him for nearly twenty minutes before Cena got the fluke win and Lesnar isn't seen as infallible as he was during his first run/debut. This was one of the most brutal flat out fights I've seen in a wrestling ring in a long time, some of these spots were VIOLENT and I sometimes wondered if this was a "SHOOT" because they looked so damn stiff. This was like an old school fight where two guys would stiff each other so hard they'd break bones, and to see that kind of a match worked in a WWE ring in itself was incredible, never mind all of the crazy heat and flat out hard work from both men, Cena's selling might of been the best i've ever seen from him but tbf I was more impressed with Lesnar not being in the WWE for what 8 years and for him to comeback and have a match like that FUCK ME!. ****3/4 MOTYC

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 04/16/2001 - Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle

Jericho goes right to work on Angle with punches and chops then whips him but Angle hits a shoulderblock. Angle comes off the ropes but Jericho leapfrogs over him and chops him down then follows up with an armdrag. Jericho slaps on an armbar when Angle counters it with a headscissors but Jericho slips out of that into a cover. Angle bridges out of it into a backslide for a near fall and Jericho hits more chops but Angle starts fighting back and stomps Jericho down in a corner. Angle whips Jericho into a corner but Jericho comes out with a clothesline. Jericho whips Angle and hits a hiptoss then knocks him out through the ropes with the springboard dropkick. Angle tries to recovers but Jericho nails him with a baseball slide then goes out and drops him onto the barricade. Jericho throws Angle onto the timekeeper’s chair but Angle grabs the ringbell and jabs Jericho in the chest with it. Angle throws Jericho over the announce table as Heyman tells both guys to leave since they don’t speak Spanish. Angle throws Jericho in the ring and lays the boots to him then hits a suplex and another suplex for a near fall. Jericho starts fighting back and and goes for a whip, Angle reverses him into a corner but eats a boot. Jericho hops to the middle rope and goes for an axehandle but Angle catches him into a belly-to-belly suplex. Angle plants Jericho with a back suplex that gets a near fall then slaps on a chinlock but Jericho fights out of it. Jericho goes for a whip, Angle reverses it but Jericho rolls him up for a two count then goes for a waistlock. Angle trips Jericho by the leg then goes for the Anklelock but Jericho grabs the ropes before he can get it on. Angle stomps Angle down whips him into a corner then blocks a kick but Jericho comes back with an enzuigiri. Both men get to their feet and Angle gets a waistlock but Jericho rolls through it into a rollup for a near fall. Jericho goes for a whip, Angle reverses but Jericho hits a flying forearm then goes for the bulldog but misses. Angle goes for the Olympic Slam but Jericho lands on his feet then tries the bulldog again and this time hits it. Jericho goes for the Lionsault and misses Angle but lands on his feet while Angle bails out to the floor and decides he’s had enough of this. Angle starts walking up the ramp when Jericho decides to go after him but William Regal jumps Jericho and there’s a DQ! Lame! *** Terrible finish to what was a pretty great 7 minute match.