Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Bryan Danielson vs. Christopher Daniels - A Night of Tribute II

I could be wrong, but this appears to be a hidden gem in Danielson's great ROH World title reign. Bryan controlled the match brilliantly, applying an array of different holds on Daniels, while Daniels did some pretty cool stuff of his own. The match was mostly ground based, but I think that's what made this match so good. The crowd also brought some great drama to the bout, as they really got behind Daniels going for the win in the last 10 minutes of the match.

There really isn't one stand-out fault with this match. Both men told a good story throughout the match, and everything flowed very well overall. A wrestling clinic from Danielson and a fine display from the challenger. ****1/2

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Bryan Danielson vs. Christopher Daniels - A Night of Tribute II

I could be wrong, but this appears to be a hidden gem in Danielson's great ROH World title reign. Bryan controlled the match brilliantly, applying an array of different holds on Daniels, while Daniels did some pretty cool stuff of his own. The match was mostly ground based, but I think that's what made this match so good. The crowd also brought some great drama to the bout, as they really got behind Daniels going for the win in the last 10 minutes of the match.

There really isn't one stand-out fault with this match. Both men told a good story throughout the match, and everything flowed very well overall. A wrestling clinic from Danielson and a fine display from the challenger. ****1/2

I wouldn't call it a gem more like a match that doesn't get the praise it deserves thanks to all the other classic matches he had after that.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I wouldn't call it a gem more like a match that doesn't get the praise it deserves thanks to all the other classic matches he had after that.

Yeah, I suppose. It's just surprising to see such a good match get overlooked a bit, despite the fact that he had better defenses than this one during his title reign. As you said though, that's just thanks to the other classics he had afterwards. I guess all of them can't be so highly regarded.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Boiling Point 2012 - Roderick Strong vs. Mike Mondo

Great opening match here as these two wrestled a physical match and acted like they had legit heat so they beat the shit out of each other. Mondo continues to prove how good he is by winning over another crowd and putting on another awesome performance, while Strong gets on the winning track and showed he can still be the guy in the ring. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Boiling Point 2012 - Proving Ground for TV Title: Adam Cole (c) vs. Bob Evans

This match did not need ten minutes at all. Match dragged and the crowd seemed to hate a lot of it. But it did have solid psychology and a decent finishing stretch make up for it. **1/2

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The UnStable vs. 3.0 - CHIKARA Caught In A Cauldron Of Hate

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Clash of the Champions XVII - WCW United States Championship: Sting vs. "Ravishing" Rick Rude

Rude’s entrance music it's fucking hilarious it's sounds like one of those 60's soap/Sexual TV shows that should be on after 10. I wish i had a link. Anyway the match was great A rare match where the big huge babyface doesn't overcome all the odds. Everything was booked to perfection to give Rude that extra something as a monster heel that the WWF never seemed to be able to provide for him and to make the crowds hate Paul E even more than they already did. Normally i would be upset that a match with these two only went 4/5 minutes but it was so AMAZING and Sting was selling a leg injury so why make him go 20/30 minutes when they could of cut it down to 5. ***

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Brodie Lee vs. Sugar Dunkerton - CHIKARA Caught In A Cauldron Of Hate

Undertaker

Reaction score
Triple H (c) vs Mick Foley - Street Fight - WWE Royal Rumble 2000.

This is one of the best matches that HHH and Foley have put on together. Their feud throughout the following PPV's was easily one of the greatest feuds ever. If CM Punk wants to learn how to cut promos he needs to learn from this feud and Foley? If Vince McMahon is sitting in his office wondering how he can get those ratings back up I would suggest that he takes a look back to pre 2002 when his wrestlers were putting on these excellent gimmick matches.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Boiling Point 2012 - Michael Elgin vs. Charlie Haas

Roderick Strong going on STRIKE! :lmao This is a rematch from "Death Before Dishonor IX." and just like in that match this was also terrible, they have no chemistry. I was so tempted to skip it but Roddy's trolling during and after the match made this semi-watchable *1/2 Roddy was clearly the MVP of this match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Boiling Point 2012 - The Briscoe Brothers vs. S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs and Steve Corino)

Good formula tag match to keep this little mini-feud churning on until Caged Hostility in Charlotte. I was surprised at the lack of intensity in this match considering how long and all the different feuds these two teams have feuded. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Boiling Point 2012 - Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis vs. Eddie Edwards and Sara Del Rey

This was a really fun match that showed us that a WWE style match can be used on the indies. The Maria under the ring stuff was a bit needless, but it added to the fun nature of the bout. **3/4 - ***

After the match, Bennett scrambles to cover Maria up under the ring. Nigel McGuinness is DYING to go under there, but Kevin Kelly cockblocks him because he's an asshole. Nigel: "Kevin, I am a broadcast journalist and I need to go under there and get the story!" :lmao AWESOME. Afterwards, Sara Del Rey gets her farewell from Ring of Honor. I love this woman.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Boiling Point 2012 - Anything Goes for the ROH World Title: Kevin Steen (c) vs. Eddie Kingston

While the violence was not at the level I was hoping for, both Steen and Kingston played their roles really well. I enjoyed a lot of it but overbooking much. Steen was good in previous matches and was good, but as always, Ring of Honor took things a few steps too far. Lots of interference and run ins mucked up this match. Kingston was good as well. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena

I like that they worked the mat work early on like they did in the MITB match. The last ten minutes of the match were outstanding. Each guy did some moves that we're not used to seeing from them like Cena's dive outside the ring and Punk hitting the Rock Bottom to a huge reaction as well. I really liked seeing them kick out of all the finishers as well as submission moves. It gave the match a PPV feel to it. Punk kicked out of the AA twice. Cena kicked out of the GTS twice. They fought out of submission moves. It was an even match in every way. The finish was controversial, but it was done to allow for a rematch which i'm all for cause these two really bring out the best in each other. This wasn't MITB good but i can put this second and SS match third. ****1/4

TKK

Reaction score
Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli
This was a good match but, it could have been much better. Claudio hits a Riccola Bomb like 15 seconds in, it seemed unnecessary and the hot start made the rest of the match seem boring in comparison. They spent a lot of time on the outside though I would have preferred a more ring based match up. Nigel was drawing great heat, he was at peak in professional wrestling during his reign. Claudio hits a second Riccola Bomb and got another two count. Any belief in Claudio picking up the win was long gone after that. Nigel finishes Claudio off with a Jawbreaker Lariat. It was another successful defense though it was obvious that there was no chance of him dropping until he faced off against Danielson. He ended up retaining against Danielson and then, dropped the belt to Jerry Lynn, weird, right?

Tyler Black vs. Bryan Danielson - New Horizons 2008
This is proof of Tyler Black's wrestling ability. Of course, Danielson brings out the best in him. This was when Danielson had to beat everyone McGuinness had beaten on Pay Per View that year to be granted a title show and also during the Age Of The Fall hence Jimmy Jacobs was at ringside. It was wise to put it in the main event as I felt that it surpassed the McGuinness vs. Castagnoli ROH Title match. Black combined spot-fest and technical wrestling to a tee in this match. Danielson was great too, but it was more of a surprise to see Black stay at his level. The highlight was when Black tossed Danielson and snapped the top turnbuckle. It was certainly worthy of the 'holy shit', chants. Danielson finished him with repeated elbow strikes, but both men came out of the match looking great.