Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Two out of Three Falls Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

This was honestly the best pure technical wrestling match I've seen in WWE in a VERY long time. We all know Daniel Bryan is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world, and it was great to see him get a chance to prove that again tonight. I'm so happy they Finally these two get to work a long match and they deliver an absolute war. Great heat, smart psychology, FUCKING AWESOME SELLING BY SHEAMUS and they managed to put over the heel cunning of Bryan while still making Sheamus look like a total badass. I so happy they had this match here but part of me wanted this at WM. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Chicago Street Fight for the WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

This match was absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't be happier that the WWE put Punk over strong in a Chicago PPV. Punk is a god to these people, and at this rate, he will be a draw in the area for years to come. Punk and Jericho had the unenviable task of having to put on a championship match after Sheamus and Bryan delivered a classic, but This one lived up the billing as this was just an absolutely brutal, red hot match with some creative and killer bumps spread through-out perfectly, This was truly a street fight in the arena. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Extreme Rules: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

Hands down, one of the most brutal, disturbing and morbidly exciting matches I've ever seen. Drama, action, legitimacy and a raucous crowd... what more do you need? I've heard a lot of outrage on forums about Cena winning here, but Lesnar DESTROYED him for nearly twenty minutes before Cena got the fluke win and Lesnar isn't seen as infallible as he was during his first run/debut.. This was one of the most brutal flat out fights I've seen in a wrestling ring in a long time, some of these spots were VIOLENT and i sometimes wondered if this was a "SHOOT" because they looked so damn real. This was like an old school fight where two guys would stiff each other so hard they'd break bones, and to see that kind of a match worked in a WWE ring in itself was incredible, never mind all of the crazy heat, the hard work from both men, how great Lesnar looked. ****1/2 MOTYC

After the match, Cena grabs a mic and sits on the steps in the middle of the ring. He says that he may get kicked out the door for what he's about to say, but he's probably going to get kicked out the door anyway. If he knows his boss, his boss is going to make him go away for a while, but he's going to do it on the air. This may be CM Punk's home town, but more than that it's a wrestling town. If he has to go away for a while, if he has to take a vacation for a while, then there's no other way that he'd want to go out. Don't worry wrestling fans he turns up the next night on raw. :Cena2:

AF.

Reaction score
John Cena vs. CM Punk - Night of Champions 2012

CM Punk is a great heel. His face run had almost made me forget that. His mannerisms before the match, posing with the belt for ages and just pissing everybody of was great. Crowd didn't know who to go for here, and were a little quiet for my tastes. The match was great like they always are on PPV between Punk and Cena. Great back and forth. Cena performing a suicide dive was huge but the crowd barely popped for it. I actually think the ending was great, the German Suplex from the second rope I don't think I've ever seen. Highly dangerous move to end a great match.

****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - People’s Power Battle Royal

I say this for all rumble type of matches that i find them hard to rate and i'm at the point where i stopped. If you've saw one Battle Royal, you've pretty much seen them all. This was a by-the-textbook battle royale. Nobody stood out or gave a great effort. It was pretty obvious that Christian was gonna win.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - WWE Tag Team Titles: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero)

This was a fun tag team match that showcased the talents of all four men, this match is a great example of giving the right talent some time and let them do their thing and the results are a fun and good match for the tag team titles. They got their time, they worked hard and the crowd was into it. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - Diva's Title: Layla vs. Beth Phoenix

Seven minutes is quite a lot for women's matches these days. The match was okay, thanks to Beth working over Layla's injured knee, which has a brace on it. When Beth went for the Glam Slam, the fans thought that was it. It wasn't. Layla was able to hit her finisher for the win. It was a hard fought win that told a good story. ** - **1/4 Beth Phenoix is arguably the best worker on the roster besides Kong

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - World Heavyweight Title: Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)

This match was frantic bordering on chaotic, but it was also a ton of fun. There was literally never a dull moment throughout the entire match, and all four guys did a great job of keeping the action going nonstop from bell to bell. This had a crazy final stretch with tons of heat on each false finish. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - Brodus Clay vs. The Miz
This was here to get Funk over and to get the crowds breath back after a crazy 4/5 minute ending to the world title match. That Miz pre-match dance was hilarious just a shame the match wasn't very good although they tried to tell a story. I don’t think the crowd believed Miz had a chance, nor should they believe it. *

WWE Over The Limit 2012 - Intercontinental Title: Cody Rhodes vs. Christian
The work here was fine and even good at points but there wasn't much heat from the crowd which hurt it, just felt a bit like going through the motions for most of the way through. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over the Limit 2012 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

This match lived up to the expectations i and i would say allot of us had for it, their chemistry was fantastic. It was pretty close to a technical masterpiece that reminded us how beautiful technical professional wrestling can be. The kicks were stiff, the submissions were creative and psychical, the reversals were a thing of beauty. I also loved the story here was essentially that Punk and Bryan have known each other for ten years and are now wrestling for the title. The only thing stopping it from a full 5 stars is the ending even tho i liked the finish because it sets up another match but a clean no gimmicky finish would of been the real fucking deal. ****3/4 This still holds up as my MOTY and i'm 100% sure nothing will beat it.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Hallowicked, Arik Cannon, Fire Ant & Jigsaw vs Vin Gerard, STIGMA, Tim Donst & Max Boyer - CHIKARA Scornucopia

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG All Star Weekend 6 Night 1 - PWG World Championship: Bryan Danielson vs Low-Ki

I love that Low Ki won at the top of the show in a long match instead of a quick change. These guys are on another level here as the first half of the match was a wrestling clinic that look like they would really really hurt. Then it turned into a phenomenal strike fest with trash talking in between. This was a great psychology worked match and the story was "FUCK YOU AND I'M JUST GONNA FUCK YOU UP" ****1/4 2008 MOTYC for sure

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Eddie Kingston vs Homicide - CHIKARA The Germans

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG All Star Weekend 6 Night 1 - El Generico vs. Karl Anderson

This was good, with Anderson just beating down Generico to start, until the comeback. This is basically there to showcase Generico. ***