Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 09/05/2012 - Richie Steamboat vs. Kassius Ohno
This was brought on from an incident two weeks ago, when Ohno was beating up some jobber after the match and Steamboat took offense to it. Good action while it lasted with Ohno looking like a badass and a coward heel at the same time, Steamboat just doesn't do it for me maybe because i'm comparing him to his dad or he's just not that good. Just a shame about the ending but it shows that the NXT referees are not to be fucked with. No one loses or jobs and it keeps Ohno’s viscous heat on and Steamboat gets a win. ** Post match beat down was fun.

WWE NXT 09/05/2012 - Audrey Marie vs. Paige
Paige is a pretty damn good worker and i can see her making it in the WWE, not on the level of a Trish or Lita, but more of a Molly Holly or Ivory making it. As for Audrey she pretty hawt but her ring work needs some more work. *1/2 Paige's finisher is awesome.

TKK

Reaction score
PWG All Star Weekend 2011 Night 1 Main Event - Claudio Castagnoli (PWG Champion) vs. Chris Hero
Finally finished this after purchasing it in August, to be honest I was left disappointed. The match wasn't bad, I was just epecting more from the two. It started off with a slow pace and never really picked up. The top rope broke midway through which did them no favours. There was a few nice spots but, it was Claudio beating the shit into Hero for the majority of the match. I guess they were trying to make it seem like Hero could pull off an upset at the end, but it didn't fool me for a second.

Reactions: 1 person

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Manami Toyota & Mike Quackenbush vs BDK (Sara Del Rey & Claudio Castagnoli) - CHIKARA: Through Savage Progress Cuts The Jungle Line

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH The Nightmare Begins: Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman v.s The All-Night Express.

Decent tag match and I'm liking the more involvement of Alexander and Coleman as of late. They could easily fill a lower tag division part and when they get adjusted to ROH more they could expand on that. Of course all they need is time. This is one of the last tag matches ANX were together. They did their normal stuff and completely dictated the entire pace of this thing. Alexander and Coleman were just a bit sloppy at times especially with their double team maneuvers so that kind of hurts things. It's not an excellent match but a solid little tag match to open a show. This Nightmare is off to a pretty good start.

**1/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH The Nigtmare Begins: Mike Mondo v.s Davey Richards.

No idea why this went to a 15 minute time limit other than ROH management thinking Mondo might need the rub. It was pretty simple and Richards being in control didn't keep me very interested. I just didn't care... Really. Mondo has been impressive lately but this being the second match on this show didn't do much for me. Richards looked way above this and he had to come down to Mondo's level. So even then he couldn't beat him in 15 minutes? Fine! Be that way ROH! The finish shouldn't have been Mondo not tapping out in the final seconds either especially how Richards countered his counter out of the Ankle Lock just to tie him up in the middle of the ring. Mondo at the end didn't look like he belonged there... Maybe he's getting there but they threw him to the American Wolf too soon.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 07/31/2000 - Hardcore Rules Match: Road Dogg & X-Pac vs. Al Snow & Steve Blackman

Blackman’s Hardcore Title is not on the line. The DX’ers are waiting for their opponents when Snow and Blackman nail them with baking sheets from behind. Blackman covers X-Pac while Snow covers Road Dogg and the referee counts both pinfalls but only gets two. Snow works both DX’ers over with a road sign while Blackman heads out to fetch more weapons from under the ring. Blackman and Snow set Road Dogg up for a suplex onto a trash can but X-Pac tosses powder into their faces to prevent it. X-Pac stomps Blackman out to the floor and kicks Snow down then Road Dogg gets in a shot with the sign. X-Pac then clotheslines Snow with a chain but Blackman comes back in and hammers the DX’ers with trash lids. Blackman whacks Road Dogg in the head with the lid then whips X-Pac but X-Pac dropkicks Blackman away. Snow nails Road Dogg with a lid on the floor but Road Dogg kicks it out of his hand and cracks Snow with it. Road Dogg then goes for a suplex but Snow fights it then hits Road Dogg with his own suplex onto the floor. Snow suplexes Road Dogg on the barricade when X-Pac climbs to the top rope and hits Snow with a axehandle. Blackman brigns X-Pac back in the ring and beats him down then turns and hits Road Dogg with an armdrag. Blackman breaks out the nunchucks but X-Pac nails him with the spinkick then gets in his own shots with the lid. X-Pac grabs Blackman’s bag of weapons when Blackman low blows Road Dogg and connects with a trash can. Blackman hits X-Pac with the can then whips Road Dogg into a corner while Snow hits X-Pac with the chucks. Snow pulls out his bowling ball then turns to Road Dogg and rolls it at him, nailing him right between the legs. Blackman sets a chair up and Snow tries to launch off it for something but X-Pac hits him with the trash can. X-Pac rams the can into Blackman’s head then gets ahold of a kendo stick but Blackman rolls under a swing. Blackman then grabs his fighting sticks and X-Pac swings his stick … only it flies out of his hands into the crowd. And security guy Jim Dotson has to go and retreive the stick for X-Pac while the crowd yuks it up. Once that’s taken care of, X-Pac takes some swings but Blackman blocks his shots and nails him in his knee. Blackman works X-Pac over with the sticks then hits the stick-assisted slam and covers but Road Dogg saves it. Snow makes it back in and nails Road Dogg with a sledge while Blackman sets X-Pac up for a slam on the chair. Snow then grabs the trash lid and takes a swing at Road Dogg but misses him and nails Blackman by accident. Snow decks Road Dogg through the ropes but X-Pac drills Blackman with an X-Factor on the chair for the pin. pretty much a nothing match but for some reason i really enjoyed it. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 07/31/2000 - WWF World Tag Team Titles: Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita)

Christian gets on the mic first and greets the fans in “Hotlanta” and talks about this being the home of the Braves, who may possibly be the best team of the past decade after winning numerous pennants. Edge takes the over mic and claims what the Braves are best known for is being the Yankees’ whipping boys before E&C do their 5-second pose where Christian (in a Braves shirt) cowers before Edge in a Yankees jersey. Christian starts off with Jeff Hardy and applies a headlock and Jeff shoves him away but eats a shoulderblock. Christian comes off the ropes and Jeff leapfrogs over him when Chrsitian gets a wasitlock but Jeff switches it. Christian slings Jeff off his back and through the ropes but misses a baseball slide as Jeff makes it back in. Jeff hits a dropkick through the ropes then slings himself over the ropes and nails Christian with a crossbody. Jeff brings Christian back in the ring then tags Matt and the Hardys whips Christian and hit a double elbow. The Hardys follow up with their combo move for a two count and Christian decks Matt with a right then tags Edge in. Edge whips Matt into a corner and charges but eats a boot and Matt hops to the middle rope when Edge goes up after him. Matt shoves Edge to the mat and connects with the guillotine legdrop for a near fall. Matt sets Edge up for the Twist of Fate when Christian tries to clothesline him from the apron but Matt ducks it and decks Christian. Edge knocks Matt through the ropes and Christian gets in a clothesline on the floor. Edge brings Matt back in and gets in his shots before tagging Christian and whips Matt into a double flapjack. Christian draws Jeff in to distract the referee while Edge helps with a double-team then takes over without a tag. Edge whips Matt and Matt comes back with a forearm but staggers himself and ends up drops through the ropes. Matt tries to shake it off when Christian goes out and goes for a whip but Matt revereses him into the apron. Christian tosses Matt over his head but Matt springs off the ropes with a handstand and DDTs him onto the floor. Matt rolls back in the ring and Edge sets him up for a piledriver but Matt counters it with a Russian legsweep. Jeff gets the tag and nails Edge with a forearm then dropkicks him and hits Christian with his double legdrop. The Hardys whips Edge into a corner and Matt drops to the mat while Jeff connects with the Poetry in Motion. Matt tosses Christian through the ropes where Lita leaps off the apron and hits Christian with a huricanrana. Matt lays Edge out with the Twist of Fate and Jeff climbs to the top rope and connects with the Swanton Bomb. Jeff covers Edge but Christian pulls the referee out and decks him intentionally drawing a DQ to save the titles. Christian then backdrops Matt over the ropes when Jeff attacks Christian and unloads on him with right hands. However Jeff doesn’t see Edge bringing a pair of chairs in and Edge whacks Jeff from behind with one of them. Edge and Christian each take a chair and keep Lita out before they nail Jeff with a double chairshot to the head! Jeff is down and out as E&C head out still the champs. ** Good match until the cheap heel ending but that's the way E&C have been booked since the heel turn so i'm not surprised.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 07/31/2000 - The Dudley Boyz vs. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit (w/Shane McMahon)

On Smackdown last week Benoit put Jericho out of action indefinitely with the help of a garage door. Once the Dudleys make thier way out all four men go at it to start as the referee tries to get the match in order. The referee manages to get Bubba Ray to his cortner but that allows Benoit and Angle to double-team D’Von. Eventually Angle heads to the corner while Benoit whips D’Von but D’Von comes back with the jumping elbow. Bubba tags in and helps D’Von whip Benoit into a double shoulderblock then follows up with an elbowdrop. Benoit quickly fights back and tags Angle in but Angle runs right into a powerslam that gets Bubba a two count. Bubba chops Angle in a corner and goes for a whip, Angle reverses but Bubba clubs him then hits a powerbomb. Bubba draws Benoit in then sets Angle up while D’Von climbs to the top rope and hits the “Wassup” headbutt. Shane tries to come in and the referee keeps him out but that allows Benoit to get in free shots on both Dudleys. Angle lays the boots to D’Von and works him over in a corner then hits him with a snap suplex for a two count. Benoit tags in and slams D’Von to the mat then goes for a suplex but D’Von falls on top of him for a near fall. Benoit whips D’Von but lowers the head and D’Von kicks the face then comes off the ropes but eats an elbow. Benoit hammers away on D’Von with chops in a corner then whips him into the opposite corner but eats a boot. D’Von comes out of the corner when Benoit slaps on the Crossface but Bubba breaks it up with a dropkick. Angle knocks Bubba over the ropes while Benoit goes for a suplex but D’Von counters it with a Curtain Call. Both men are down as they crawl vor their corners and Benoit tags Angle while D’Von makes the tag to Bubba. Bubba connects with a clothesline on Angle then whips him and hits a backdrop and follows that up with a DDT. Benoit comes in but Bubba plants him with the Full Nelson bomb. Bubba sets Angle on his shoulders when D’Von climbs to the top rope and connects with the Dudleyville Device but Benoit breaks up the pin. D’Von tees off on Benoit in a corner while Bubba whips Angle for … something that looks like a botched spot. My guess is it was supposed to be Bubba’s Diamond Cutter but they just both fell over. Bubba tries the Cutter again and hits it then covers Angle but the referee is too busy with D’Von to see the pin. Meanwhile Shane climbs to the top rope and connects with a flying elbowdrop on Bubba to make the save. D’Von heads out after Benoit on the floor while Shane rolls Angle on top of Bubba … but only gets a two count. Angle unloads on Bubba in a corner and goes for a whip but Bubba reverses him into the opposite corner. Bubba goes for a splash but Angle pulls the referee in the way and the referee ends up getting knocked out. Benoit makes it back in and hits Bubba with a German suplex then holds on and hits a second German suplex. Benoit goes for a third German but Bubba fights out then whips Benoit and he and D’Von hit him with the 3D. The refeee is still out of it so Bubba sends D’Von out for a table and D’Von pulls one out from under the ring. However The Big Show runs out and knocks D’Von over before going in and planting Bubba with a chokeslam. Show departs and Shane rolls Benoit on top of Bubba then revives the referee who counts the pin for the victory. *** GREAT STUFF here even with a mess of a ending, that didn't take away from the match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Smackdown (9/7/12) - Cody Rhodes & The Miz vs Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara

This was an entertaining, fast-paced match that I definitely enjoyed, especially the Rey/Miz exchange. Ending was a bit weird with Rhodes accidentally costing Miz the match, not sure where they go with that one at all. Mysterio/Cara as a team is still fun to watch, I think they'd do wonders for this rejuvenated tag division WWE tries to make us believe they have.

WWE Smackdown (9/7/12) - Daniel Bryan vs Zack Ryder

Bryan's in full-on G.O.A.T. mode, and of course the crowd is as hot here as it could possibly be. Towards the end of the match after some pretty good action, Bryan offers to "hug it out" and we get the hug to "NO!" Lock combo that I hope is in all of Bryan's matches from now on. The ref reverses the decision because Bryan kept attacking Ryder after the match, and Bryan gets even MORE awesome with his facial expression and reaction after that.

WWE Smackdown (9/7/12) - Damien Sandow vs Randy Orton

I don't care if he loses, I absolutely LOVE Sandow getting matches with big-name guys like Sheamus and Orton. As soon as the bell rings, Ziggler comes out with Vickie. I can see this one becoming clusterfucky real quick, but I like all involved, so I'll probably be okay with it if that's the case. Dolph was awesome on commentary during this one, and the match was pretty good too. Sandow sprinting to the back to get counted out is hilarious as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Smackdown (9/7/12) - Epico & Primo vs The Piss Time Playaz vs The Usos

None of the teams in the match get an entrance, but the tag champs do and they aren't even involved. Funny how this is a number one contender match for the belts, but the best team in WWE isn't even involved. This was pretty decent, but everything went out the window when the worst team WWE has wins...again. Then they do their stupid little dance...again. Where were Kidd and Gabriel for this anyway? And why does WWE still have a hard-on for the Piss Timers? Fuck I wish AW wasn't fired now because they're push didn't end like I expected.

WWE Smackdown (9/7/12) - Wade Barrett vs Yoshi Tatsu

I'm glad they had Yoshi's entrance theme play for a bit before Barrett came out because it's awesome. I like Barrett, and it's great to see him back, but I really hope he does more than strikes from now on because that's all this match was. He finished with a sick elbow, some people's reaction to it may have even been "OH NO!" :side:

WWE Smackdown (9/7/12) - David Otunga vs Sheamus

David Otunga in a main event of a wrestling show :lmao, really wish this guy would just stick to being a non-wrestler because he's pretty awesome as a lawyer, but ass in the ring. Otunga had hardly any offense in this one, so this was mainly just Sheamus doing his shtick, which made it watchable. Towards the end Booker comes out and says he banned the Brogue Kick as Sheamus was about to do it (couldn't have announced this before or after?), so Sheamus instead wins with the Cloverleaf. I FUCKING LOVE HIM USING THAT! Keep the Brogue Kicked banned!

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Saturday Morning Slam (9/8/12) - Michael McGillicutty vs Sin Cara

Regal's on commentary with Josh this week instead of Santino, THANK GOD! McGillicutty is sporting the Barry Windham vest in his entrance, hope he has a good showing here. McGillicutty starts the match on his knees and still comes up to Cara's shoulders :lmao They cut to an awkward crowd shot because McGillicutty's great dropkick about halfway in apparently isn't TV-G, but this was still a pretty decent match, though had it's notable sloppy moments. I love the face/heel dynamic of these Saturday Morning Slam matches. This was probably my least favorite, and shortest of the 3 SMS matches so far though, I actually enjoyed the Brodus one more last week. Neither touch the Kofi/Slater one however.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
ROH - 9/8/12 - The Briscoes vs. BLK-OUT

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler