Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
WWE NXT - 9/5/2012 - Percy Watson vs. Leo Kruger

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
WWE NXT - 9/5/2012 - Brodus Clay vs. A Random Jobber

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ring of Honor Wrestling (9/8/12) - ROH World Tag Team Championship Tournament: BLK-Out vs The Briscoes

Crowd is completely 50/50 here. This was a decent enough match, wasn't bad by any means, but wasn't as good as I'd like. There were some pretty hilarious moments such as Nigel saying Sabian looked like Afroman and someone holding a huge confederate flag in the crowd :lmao Definitely picked up towards the end, but I couldn't help but want more.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (9/8/12) - Mike Bennett vs Mike Sydal

This was actually much better than I expected. The ending was absolutely hilarious too with Mondo getting Bennett counted out right after Bennett picked up Sydal's shoulders when he could have had the win. Brutal Bob on commentary was nice as well.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (9/8/12) - Mike Posey vs Tammaso Ciampa

Ciampa has an AWESOME new theme song. Posey only got a couple offensive moves in, which was expected, but he did look good at least. Ciampa is over as fuck and the crowd's completely behind him. I'm pretty sure Posey died 3 different times during this 3 minute match.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (9/8/12) - ROH World Television Championship: Adam Cole (c) vs Michael Elgin

This was a damn good 7-8 minutes match between two of my favorite's in ROH, really enjoyed it. Elgin bucklebombed Cole on to Todd Sinclair by accident, and then everything broke down and that's basically the end of the match, so we have no winner. I can't even complain about that though because the match was great and I didn't want either to lose. The ending was cool as fuck where we had like 4 different feuds happen at once, was awesome.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Supercard of Honor II - FIP Heavyweight Title Match: Roderick Strong vs. Austin Aries
This is my 2nd favorite FIP title match, with Strong/Stevens from Redemption being first. This match was good on so many levels. I liked that they didn't just go balls to walls and kept it simple with the story of the match being "They were a tag team for a year maybe 2, so they know what the other is gonna do before he does it" so that being the story lead to allot of moves I've not seen them do which i thought was great but the crowd was really dead for this. I'm guessing it was because Jacobs and BJ had a FUCKING AMAZING cage match before this. Another reason i thought the crowd wasn't a fan was because they wrestled a WWE pace for 80% of the match until they got to the big spots at the end was great, which they came alive for. **** Gibson driver on the steel rail :mark:

ROH Good Times, Great Memories - Roderick Strong vs. Jack Evans
Everything felt a little more lethargic and less fluid than their first match, and the finish was kinda lame still, these two in the ring is always worth a look and it’s still good. I’d check out FIP Strong vs Evans and All Star Extravaganza 3 first though. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Domination - ROH World Title Match: Takeshi Morishima vs Roderick Strong

This is champion vs champion as Strong still holds the FIP Title. Not a bad match by any stretch of the imagination, indeed, the finish was really exciting The problem was, this is another one of the predictable title defence for Shima At no point was this match ever good enough to make you believe Strong was going to pull out the upset. As such, the amount of drama within the match was always going to be strictly limited, which was due because Strong was the HEEL going into the match and i Shima was a heel aswell. ***

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Super Smash Bros. vs Obariyon & Kodama - CHIKARA: The Dark Ciberknetico

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (9/12/12) - Jey Uso vs Kenneth Cameron

The announcers saying they "still don't understand the connection" between Cameron and O'Brian gave me Brood flashbacks when they would same thing about E&C with Gangrel and we never got an answer. This was a decent match, about what I expected. Crowd was definitely hotter than I expected, and it looks like this is a full-fledged feud now. Savate Kick to end it looked pretty awesome. Good start to this show so far.

WWE NXT (9/12/12) - Big E. Langston vs Chad Baxter

Crowd chants "Big E's gonna' kill you to start this match." NICE! This was just your Big E squash that we've seen a few times before and probably more to come. Only real gripe I have is that his finisher doesn't really look like so good, I'd honestly rather him just use a high impact powerslam or something. After the match Langston does his finisher again and this time does a five count instead of three. He gets a mic and says that he wants a five count from now on. Something seems very familiar about this :hm:

WWE NXT (9/12/12) - Damien Sandow vs Garrett Dylan

Sandow gives Dylan the option of sitting at ringside and listening to a lecture instead of wrestling :lmao. The way Sandow conveys his character while also putting on good matches is so crazy, dude is awesome. This was another quickie, but I definitely enjoyed it. Also, this crowd is HOT tonight. I don't even think much of it is piped in because a) I don't think WWE would bother doing that for NXT and b) the wrestlers and announcers are acknowledging it as well.

WWE NXT (9/12/12) - Michael McGillicutty vs Tyson Kidd

JR joins the commentary booth for this one. This was pretty fucking awesome too, one of the few times I had high expectations and they were met. Just a really great match with so much happening in it, not sure if it was better than theirs on the first episode of the new NXT, but probably not since that was was just so good, I'll have to rewatch it. I marked for JR calling McGillicutty's Perfect-Plex towards the end as well, love that he uses that. I think Regal put it best, "It's almost a shame that either man has to lose this match." The ending sequence here was FUCKING LEGIT! I love McGillicutty getting the win here too. You guys should all watch this match...now.

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Osirian Portal vs The BDK (Claudio Castagnoli & Ares) - Campeonatos de Parejas - CHIKARA: Terror In The Neighborhood

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Superstars (9/13/12) - Justin Gabriel vs Tensai

Faint "Albert" chants were heard during this solid match. There was a real good false finish at one point where it looked like Gabriel won with a roll-up, but Tensai kicked out at the last second, crowd popped huge because they thought he won it right there. Tensai won here with his splash, don't think it matters much because I just don't see either of these guys doing much even though they both could (especially Gabriel with Kidd in the tag division). Only real gripe with this match is that it was pretty one-sided, Gabriel didn't get so much offense in, though he looked great when he did.

WWE Superstars (9/13/12) - Jinder Mahal vs Santino Marella

WOW! This crowd is so hot for Santino, I bet they make this match worthwhile. Santino isn't using the Cobra sock for the match here, and that's really the only notable thing about this pretty horrible match. The comedy was alright I guess, the wrestling was terrible, but man, this crowd was HOT! At the end, Santino reveals he does have the Cobra actually and wins with it to a HUGE POP!

WWE Superstars (9/13/12) - Alicia Fox vs Natalya

Nattie's wearing too much makeup here, but it's whatever. This match was pretty decent, definitely had it's moments, but it also had it's stupid parts, crowd was dead as well. I honestly have no idea who's face or heel here though, obviously Nattie would be cheered either way, but Fox definitely plays the heel here to Nattie's face. Weren't these two tag partners on Raw anyway? Crowd did pop huge for the Sharpshooter and Nattie victory though, I liked that one.

WWE Superstars (9/13/12) - Cody Rhodes vs Zack Ryder

Cody badmouthing the ref towards the beginning was hilarious. This was an alright match, was boring at times, but also enjoyable at others. The ending moments were pretty cool, Ryder hit a nice Hangman's Neckbreaker at one point, and then Rhodes hit an awesome Powerbomb counter to the Rough Ryder. I think what hurt this match was that they gave it 12 minutes when it would have benefited from a faster pace and shorter time.

AF.

Reaction score
ROH - Death Before Dishonor 2008

Nigel McGuiness vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Tyler Black

As you would imagine, this match was awesome. Everything in this match flowed, there was no down time, no dead part. Nigel McGuiness playing the cowardly heel to an absolute tee was great. Tagging in and getting out when the other guy was getting up. Claudio's elimination was great, and paved the way for Danielson to be eliminated also. Black/McGuinness exchange at the end was done great. Black hits some great offense and literally uses every move in his arsenal but still cannot defeat the awesome Nigel McGuinness. ****1/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Saturday Morning Slam (9/15/12) - Epico & Primo vs Kofi Kingston & R-Truth

Rosa isn't here, guess she isn't TV-G. Just a couple minutes into the match, literally all the action stops and all four guys get in the ring and talk to Little Jimmy, even the referee gets in on it :lmao this is gold. This match was decent, but E&P literally got like two moves of offense in. Was way too one-sided and we didn't get the face/heel dynamic that these matches usually have because of it since E&P just looked like idiots the whole time.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Falls Count Anywhere Match: Kane vs. Randy Orton

This rematch was set-up by Kane beating up Bob Orton Jr on Smackdown. Orton tried getting payback by kidnapping Paul Bearer but no one including Kane cared. This was way better than I remembered it being. The only real bad part was when they went backstage, which killed the crowd and made Zack Ryder look like a goofball again. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Brodus Clay vs. Dolph Ziggler

Dolph got some offense and tried to make this watchable and it was when he was in control, Clay did nothing but show hes just a big man with a PG gimmick that would not make it to that elite "BIG MAN" level. *1/4 Nobody bumps like Dolph.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Tables Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show

This was set-up by Show beating Cody at WM to win the IC title. Show then taunted him for another month deciding that a squash in a regular match wasn't enough and he wanted one in a gimmick match as well. This was another squash match that made Cody like a bitch for 80% of the match and got like 3 moves in. I'm 50/50 with the finish 1. It made Cody's win look like a fluke title win but it was a heel was of beating a giant. Show's facial reaction is great as he sells the “uh oh” moment for the finish was AWESOME. * Post-match, Show and the face announcers pull the sore loser routine. Show plows over Cody to BOOO's and then Chokeslams him through a table and THEN press slams him to the outside through a table.