Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
Kennedy's outfit looked great. I hope he keeps that as his new ring attire.

I like the outfit too. He actually wore the exact same thing at WM 24. The pants he was wearing are tear-aways, like basketball warm-ups, and he'll take them off when he's about to wrestle. But I like the shirt with his tattoo on the back and the way he was zipping it up and down when he was walking to the ring. But yea the outfit is pretty sweet and hopefully he continues to come to the ring with it.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Wow, that Raw totally blew me away. I think that is one of the best Raw's I have seen in a long time.

Things I liked: Murdochs singing. LOL.

Kennedy/Regal: Kennedy is face! Gimme a hell yeah! I am, am ....... MR KENNEDY ....... KENNEDY! Gold! This could be a great feud for Kennedy. Please don' screw up Ken.

Y2J/HBK: Was prett damn good. Just wondering if Batista is going to have anything more to do with this. I hope he is.

Santino vs CAWdy: Pretty good match, and I liked Carlito's Backstabber at the end.

Orton vs HHH: Not a great match, too many restholds like their normal matches. But the ending was good. A gimmick match between the two would be great.

What I didn't like: Women everywhere tag: Um, the only person I really wanted to see wrestle was Nattie. And that didn't happen, did it?

Altogether, Raw :y:

MC Rae

Reaction score
For some reason I vividly remember Jerry lawler saying something like "Hey J.R, did you know Trevor Murdoch actually has a good singing voice?" a few weeks back on RAW. I remember thinking at the time how much of a random comment it was, I knew he had to have mentioned it for a reason. Anyways, props to Murdoch and his good singing voice... I suppose.

RAW was really solid this week in my opinion. The opening segment with HHH and Orton was fantastic. Orton's character is sensational and it becomes more engaging each week in my opinion also it should be noteed the HUGE pop HHH recieved.

And WOAH at Kennedy turning face, I really didn't see that coming, I hadn't even contemplated the possibility of WWE using Kennedy as a face (no idea why) but I think it makes great sense. The fans were turned onto him in seconds too, judging on that reaction I could see this being huge for Kennedy (...Kennedy). Like others have said I just hope Kennedy doesn't fuck this up.

I'd just like to pick up on a point Hayley made (are we meant to refer to you as simply 'Hayley' now? Haha). In some repects it was remeniscent of Austin/McMahon, if the rebel vs. authoritative figure worked wonders for Austin I see no reason it can't work for Kennedy. Obviously not quite on the same level but I think Regal/Kennedy could really work.

Yay for Santino showing the best in-ring skills he's displayed yet on RAW.

The main event wasn't too memorable in terms of wrestling, it was okay but it was a little slow and had too many chokeholds etc. as for the ending I really liked that, something very different indeed and it was a really good cliffhanger for next weeks RAW.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
It is so good now that Kennedy is face, hopefully he can feud with Randy Orton as that would be one badass feud.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I've been saying for a while that they should try turning Kennedy face, and now they've finally done it. You'll see, his persona in a face role will send him straight to the top by year's end.

PeepShow

I'd just like to pick up on a point Hayley made (are we meant to refer to you as simply 'Hayley' now? Haha). In some repects it was remeniscent of Austin/McMahon, if the rebel vs. authoritative figure worked wonders for Austin I see no reason it can't work for Kennedy. Obviously not quite on the same level but I think Regal/Kennedy could really work.

lol, whatever you want to refer to me as I guess. But yeah, I absolutely loved that segment. As you said. the rebel in Kennedy reminded me exactly of that. Good stuff.

Qwake

Kennedy's turn shocked me but it was good! He can have possible fueds with Randy Orton, JBL, MVP, HHH for the title hopefully and maybe Cena...sounds good

LadyHotrod

Kennedy needed the big push so I'm happy they are finally giving it to him. He's a talented guy but never really had any good feuds.

Hometown Kid

Yeah Kennedy needed a face turn his character could develop nicely as a face but as long as certain high ranking family members are around I don't know if he'll ever get the title shot he deserves...

Omerta799

Reaction score
Kennedy charisma is top notch. He seems so natural with what he's saying. Randy Ortons getting up there too.

the dark knight

btw, i always thought of murdouche as fall out boy's lead singer. and its not cuz of the sideburns...

Airfixx

Yeah Kennedy needed a face turn his character could develop nicely as a face but as long as certain high ranking family members are around I don't know if he'll ever get the title shot he deserves...

Sweet! : P

Lets blame HHH for Kennedy's probs now too (not his drug-related suspensions or injuries)... Get a grip!

Hometown Kid

Sweet! : P

Lets blame HHH for Kennedy's probs now too (not his drug-related suspensions or injuries)... Get a grip!

That's true but i'm just saying if Triple H wanted he has the power to take someone out of the title picture completely no matter how talented you are he's done it before just look at...(Shelton Benjamin,Paul London,Rey Mysterio,Chris Jericho(now),John Morrison)...

Airfixx

Benjamin? If he could get over, he would be by now.
London? What they hell else is there for him apart from being in a high-flying tagteam? (There's no CW division ... at least for the time being.)
Mysterio? He's held plenty of gold inc. a world title run and plenty of ME action.
Jericho? What the hell has HHH done to Y2J's current run?
Morrison? (...Just "??????")

Is this just a list of your faves that's you'd like to see in better positions?

I'm left assuming your citing mere hearsay at best, but maybe you can offer some factual explaination for your list?

I like facts, but that's just me.

Hometown Kid

Benjamin? If he could get over, he would be by now.
London? What they hell else is there for him apart from being in a high-flying tagteam? (There's no CW division ... at least for the time being.)
Mysterio? He's held plenty of gold inc. a world title run and plenty of ME action.
Jericho? What the hell has HHH done to Y2J's current run?
Morrison? (...Just "??????")

Is this just a list of your faves that's you'd like to see in better positions?

I'm left assuming your citing mere hearsay at best, but maybe you can offer some factual explaination for your list?

I like facts, but that's just me.

1)Yes I will admit Shelton doesn't get over enough to get a main event spot yet...
2)You've obviously never seen London in ROH. 3)Jericho's IC gold is nice but he was the damn Special Referee at backlash. 4)Mysterio's booking when he was champ was a disgrace
5)Morrison's over & talks better than Punk any day & yet Punk gets MITB while He's stuck with The Miz...