Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

I agree that the Intercontinental title should be defended every week, but how would Batista winning it not help? If anything, it would make it look more credible.

It's not about WHO they put it on anymore... It's down to how they book the title and associated matches.

Jericho and, before him, Hardy were more than credible enough, both held it for a decent amount of time and this achieved nothing...

We need actual fueds surrounding the belt, maybe some no.1 contenders matches and some closely fought, GOOD matches for the title... Matches like the great mid-card action we are seeing from the likes of Shelton, MVP, Hardy, Kendrick like they've been having on SD (which has been a wasted opportunity to breath a bit more life into the US title IMO seeing as they'd already done the hard part.).

kingovkings

Reaction score
I Totally agree that the IC and US titles should defended on a weekly or bi weekly basis. Actually build up some feuds. And yeah have some no 1 contender matches. It will add to the Excitement and build up of title matches. It would help gain some credibility to the belts, And give the Mid card a much need boost. Plus would be wicked for the fans every week to see the mid card all fighting for a chance off holding some gold. But it wont happen its a thing of the past like the Tag division, although it seems like they are doing something about that with the new stable and we got some good teams, Still IMO its not enough they need to be defended a bit more regularly too. But you never know its possible never say never.

Final Verdict

Reaction score
Orton had some major ink work done on his arms over last week like to see some more close up pictures of the work. Santino is funnier than ever, would love to see him maybe start defending the title against home town jobbers to build him up a little stronger.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^ That would be awesome, but I think Santino is getting his clock cleaned by Beth soon, since they seem to be starting a cheating angle. Too bad, they were the best couple ever, lol.

chessarmy

^ It would have gotten old if they continued it passed this point imo, so I'm happy that its ending soon.

ayrton

Reaction score
Santino with Beth is one of the only good spots remaining in Raw in my opinion.

darkbob

Reaction score
My take on the current raw status as of 10/6

PROs
Santino is entertaining
Charlie Haas is the funniest thing going
Batista
HBK
randy orton
cm punk

CONs
its boring, bad writing
generational stars angle getting old and stale
bad matches,(bad endings, ref stopping matches)
speech is way too scripted
tag team div. non existent
lack of new talent (jbl)
jericho is so boring im bout to turn off the tv (jericho HBK fued)
titles not changing hands enough and lack of title defenses.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Moonlight Drive

jericho is so boring im bout to turn off the tv (jericho HBK fued)
titles not changing hands enough and lack of title defenses.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Those last two, you really have got some problems mate if you think the JEricho/HBK feud is boring.

And titles with prestige > than Attitude Era title reigns

Great One

Btw, I'm calling it now, Orton is definitely turning face and the 'faction' between Batista and Orton will be a face faction contrary to popular belief, against Priceless.

Moonlight Drive

^^I'm calling that's what they'll have us think, before Orton goes back to being heel by turning on Batista and joining up with Pricless

Moonlight Drive

^^:yes: Agreed.

I live in Australia so I haven't caught Raw yet, is it worth watching this week?

btman

Reaction score
Omg John Morrison made me laugh so hard when he and the Miz were making fun of Cryme Tyme during the diva's match.

Fuck commentators when you have Morrison.

Edit: Yeah HBK it is worth watching this week. Especially the diva's match lol.

-TJ-

I for one think that the commentating in the middle of the divas match and above ruined the fact that Kelly had an awesome return victory in that match that can boost her rankings in the womens division.