• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kurt Angle Tracking Down Person Who Ripped His Mother Off

scottcs88

TMZ is featuring an article about Kurt Angle looking to hunt down a scammer from the Dominion Republic who convinced his mother to send $4,000.
According to the report, the scammer claimed that her grandson was in a local jail and demanded $4,000 or threatened “severe consequences.†After sending the money, she received another call demanding another $4,000, which was when she contacted Kurt.
“I’m gonna find the son of a b—h who did this to my mom,†said Kurt. “I don’t want this happening to anyone else!â€
As it turns out, her grandson is fine and he hasn’t even been to the Dominican Republic in over a year. Kurt believes that there is an accomplice working for the scammer in the Pittsburgh area since they knew about his family and his mother’s unlisted phone number.

Aniking

The way I read that, it sounds like she didn't even make an attempt to contact her Grandson, freaked, and sent the money. Then when they asked for more she contacted Kurt, then eventually they discovered the Grandson is fine.

The person who scammed her is a fucking tool, but she didn't exactly think that through very well if I've read that correctly.

PY.

This brings a whole new meaning too "Somebody betta call my momma!"

Nah but for real, that's fucked up.

chefboyardee

big deal.if she was stupid enough to send a complete stranger 4000 than shes an idiot and dosent deserve her money regardless of how old she is.

scottcs88

this happens all the time though. This was reported on the news years ago to different people happening to them while their son and or daughter never was their.

Heisenberg

That sucks and I would of at least went over things that the situation involved before sending $4000 a random person on the phone. Scammers are assholes and especially when they do it to elderly people, no conscience.

I wouldn't be surprised if TNA done something similar to this on TV though now that it got publicity on TMZ.

Vivido

Not the smartest of mothers kurt has, she should of used intelligence.

Hope Kurt breaks the scammers ankle. TNA should turn this into an angle.

The_King

LMAO. This story is so ridiculous. I somehow doubt it's true (and kinda' hope it isn't for the sake of humanity haha), and that it can just be explained away by the fact that Angle is a fame whore.

Troy

If true it is sad that his mum was scammed but she really should have called first to check if her grandson was actually in jail. Angle hunting down the scammers would actually make for an entertaining show because of how crazy he is.