KofiMania getting killed by Lesnar was always the plan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's also funny bc they had a random match years ago on an international network special or something that went like 4 minutes. I remember saying beforehand "well at least Kofi should last longer this time" welp:lol
And the PPV was literally called “Beast in the East”. They named the PPV after Brock even though he was only having a normal match against Kofi :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It's also funny bc they had a random match years ago on an international network special or something that went like 4 minutes. I remember saying beforehand "well at least Kofi should last longer this time" welp:lol
Was that Beast in the East and he killed all 3 of them?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah after the match he fucked up the whole New Day :lol
Yeah…I thought so…

Soon as he was inserted in the WWE title match at Day 1 cause Roman got COVID, I tweeted “E is never seeing that belt again, is he?”

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Wasn't that a handicap match in Japan?
Not officially but Brock just fucked up all 3 New Day because he's Brock Lesnar.

I recall Kofi saying that getting caught like he did was better then getting destroyed for 5 minutes then getting pinned like Cena did. In a real fight people get caught and lose all the tinme. Hell Brock Lesnar had it happen to him against Frank Mir.

Also, Matt Cardona said his IC Title reign was perfect the way it was, 1 day. It would have meant nothing if he held the championship for 2 months then lost it to some random person. Kofi's reign should have been similar. Maybe give him until he comes back from Ghana.

Plus if the plan was a Brock Squash to win the Championship he was the perfect guy. You aren't gonna squash Randy Orton or AJ Styles.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Not officially but Brock just fucked up all 3 New Day because he's Brock Lesnar.

I recall Kofi saying that getting caught like he did was better then getting destroyed for 5 minutes then getting pinned like Cena did. In a real fight people get caught and lose all the tinme. Hell Brock Lesnar had it happen to him against Frank Mir.

Also, Matt Cardona said his IC Title reign was perfect the way it was, 1 day. It would have meant nothing if he held the championship for 2 months then lost it to some random person. Kofi's reign should have been similar. Maybe give him until he comes back from Ghana.

Plus if the plan was a Brock Squash to win the Championship he was the perfect guy. You aren't gonna squash Randy Orton or AJ Styles.
Again though, it’s more the aftermath that was horrible. It was as if Kofi didn’t care. That’s the main problem.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Again though, it’s more the aftermath that was horrible. It was as if Kofi didn’t care. That’s the main problem.
Meh what's he supposed to do, whine about not getting a rematch? Heels whine and he's not turning heel. And he's not getting a rematch because they're putting him right where he belonged which was in the Tag Title scene.

By trying to make you forget it happened they keep his character in tact.

Now if you want to turn New Day heel over it then yeah have him whine and all that. But they really did everything right if you ask me. Except for Cain Velasquez. That was fucking terrible cause Cain Velasquez sucked and was the greenest of greens. So oversaturated with green that it looks like it's the color black.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Meh what's he supposed to do, whine about not getting a rematch? Heels whine and he's not turning heel. And he's not getting a rematch because they're putting him right where he belonged which was in the Tag Title scene.

By trying to make you forget it happened they keep his character in tact.

Now if you want to turn New Day heel over it then yeah have him whine and all that. But they really did everything right if you ask me. Except for Cain Velasquez. That was fucking terrible cause Cain Velasquez sucked and was the greenest of greens. So oversaturated with green that it looks like it's the color black.
I love ya man, I do :lol but come on man, it was pretty bad to have him just act like he didn’t care. Faces can care. He should have at least TRIED getting a rematch, even if he didn’t get it. Because I’m sure this was during the no automatic rematch stuff. So have him in some sort of match to earn his rematch and have him come up short of winning it against whoever you wanna have challenge Brock next. It’s not that hard.

Spider DKR

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
With the merger news, I'd expect more realistic squashes at the expense of the talent who made us feel something in the future.

yaaay.gif

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I wasn’t a fan of the fact that Kofi lost and next week was just a tag team guy again.

They did the same thing to E as well.

Like yeah, Kofi shouldn’t have a 15-20 minute match with Brock Lesnar but realistically neither should Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor or AJ Styles

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that faces are supposed to advocate and fight for themselves lmao so Kofi acting like he didn’t care was the worst thing. What would WWE look like if John Cena didn’t fight for the title as hard as he did? I get Kofi isn’t Cena but same idea

Reactions: Hidden Blaze