Kofi Kingston - Gone as far as he can go or can he go higher?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If he was going to fill in Rey's shoes, he needs to come up with something that he can market directly to kids that he can hand out to kids in the front row. Nothing gets you over more than giving out free shit and only acknowledging people who have your merch, like feeding pigeons in a park.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I still think he got a window to go somewhere within the next few years as he is only 31 years old. So if he is ever going to go further it will be within these next couple years. He has the perfect storyline as Weez pointed out to start pushing him which is him always being stuck in the midcard not getting much of a shot at the main event. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see them at some point bring up his race considering how much they push that card with the Zeb character so they're obviously not afraid to tap into that long as it doesn't go too far.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ugh, why would you want another "MY time to shine!" storyline, generic as it gets, CM Punk made that gimmick his own after the bitch fit promo.

Here, I'll toss out some more uncreative ideas, hows about....*shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!*......we throw all the black guys in a group and demand respect! Maybe have them feud with a stable of Mexicans too...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When did I say that was the storyline I wanted? Was saying it would be his best shot at getting pushed further because he pretty much fits the bill as much as anybody right now. Plus anyways you can take generic base of a storyline and creatively build around it to fit their own story.

Weez

Reaction score
Ugh, why would you want another "MY time to shine!" storyline, generic as it gets, CM Punk made that gimmick his own after the bitch fit promo.

Here, I'll toss out some more uncreative ideas, hows about....*shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!*......we throw all the black guys in a group and demand respect! Maybe have them feud with a stable of Mexicans too...

Want, and Could reasonably expect are two different things. WWE isn't reinventing the wheel no matter what side of the fence you're on. This is no more trite than Meathead waving American Flag fights Meathead with beard and funny accent for 'MURICA. In MY lifetime? Far less trite lol.

Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why are there people who seem to have this notion that anyone can be a star. It just isn't in the cards for some people, it doesn't mean they can't have a long career, make a shitload of money and ride off into retirement a happy, well adjusted person.

Brad Armstong a perfect example, very well respected in the business, people loved him, great utility guy, no personality on camera.

Not a star.

His brother The Road Dogg, meat and potatoes wrestler, but charismatic as fuck, and can talk.

A star.

Kofi to me is on the Brad Armstrong/Lance Storm side of the business, he doesn't have a dynamic personality that will make you want to see him live, he's a good mechanic who will keep you entertained, but you're not going to pay to see him. Too soft spoken, low key and if he enters a room, he doesn't grab your attention.

Stars are born, not made.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kofi going further than where he is doesn't have to mean him becoming a star. Guys can and have become world champion without them being viewed as someone who is going to be one of the star guys. He could go further than he has without actually winning either world title really. The spot he is in might very well be where he is meant to be but it's not impossible for him to go further in the right situation is all I'm saying.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Still think Kofi is the most deserving person win a Money in the Bank. Also puts on good matches, and can handle himself in a main feud as we saw with Orton. He usually always has spots of the night in any gimmick match he's in, and doesn't look sloppy when doing it. At the most he should get a small Smackdown main event push, much like Morrison did in 2009 I want to say. If Del Rio can win the world title, then Kofi is just as deserving, if not more.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Kofi needs to be pushed. He's one of those guys that I enjoy watching wrestle. He's entertaining. He has the right kind of gimmick/attitude which I personally like. He seems to enjoy what he does. Would be a shame if he was stuck being a mid carder.

Weez

Reaction score
[MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION] I'm not saying Kofi is going to be another Cena, I'm saying I'd like to see the guy actually get a decent shot. The one time he got a main event feud, he shined, looked credible, and continued to get one of the biggest pops of the night. The more guys you have that can credibly plug into the main event scene when you need them to due to time off, injury, wellness suspension, whatever, the better. It also makes the Chamber matches that much more exciting because you could suspend belief that more thatn two of the 6 guys could ACTUALLY win the match. Build them up all year.

I see guys like Cody, Swagger, Kofi, etc in chamber matches (examples, not even sure if Cody was IN a chamber match yet lol), and they're beating the shit out of Orton, Cena, Punk, Edge and I think "Sooo, if these guys can do it in chamber matches once a year, why, logically, can't they foreseeably do this all year? Or at least get in the position to TRY all year?

Poor booking.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Why are there people who seem to have this notion that anyone can be a star. It just isn't in the cards for some people, it doesn't mean they can't have a long career, make a shitload of money and ride off into retirement a happy, well adjusted person.

Brad Armstong a perfect example, very well respected in the business, people loved him, great utility guy, no personality on camera.

Not a star.

His brother The Road Dogg, meat and potatoes wrestler, but charismatic as fuck, and can talk.

A star.

Kofi to me is on the Brad Armstrong/Lance Storm side of the business, he doesn't have a dynamic personality that will make you want to see him live, he's a good mechanic who will keep you entertained, but you're not going to pay to see him. Too soft spoken, low key and if he enters a room, he doesn't grab your attention.

Stars are born, not made.
I'll have you know Arachniman was a damn fine wrestler!! :hhh3:

tumblr_mllqp5lIzB1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Was a damn fine wrestler, not a star though. Much like a certain threadlining wrestler we are discussing atm

rakat

Reaction score
He will never be a Triple H or a Cena. However, he still has room to go a bit further. Especially on Smackdown. If they want to improve SD, give him a push on there. It could help him and help the show. Win/win for all!

Reaction score
Far as he can go without some character change. Or some big feud type situation. But I think he showed he can do serious and needs some kind of change

I think the black guy stable would be amazing
1. It's based on a bit of truth as the black wrestlers have never gotten the respect they deserve
2. There's a good amount of good black wrestlers they are doing nothing with
3. It lets you put them all together and see who's really a star when given a chance
4. it's a a gimmick that will always be relatable Great tweener feud some will love them some will hate them

Gimmicks and ideas don't need to be new they need to be done well

They haven't even given him a chance. Would HHH became HHH if they left him as Hunter Hearst Hemsley the blue blood for his whole career.
Would John Cena be the big guy in WWE if he was still rapping at all his opponents. The issue is some guys get the oppurutnity to pass and fail. He's one that does well where he's at but never seem to get the chance to go to the next step

Last edited by a moderator: