Kobe for Oden?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

I was just thinking to myself, and wondering: Would it be logical to think about trading away the #1 draft pick if you're the Trail Blazers for Kobe Bryant? I meen the guy did score 80 this yr. So I was just wondering if any of you NBA fans would even think about the Idea of trading away a 7 ft Franchise player in Oden, who prolly has about 12-15 Good yrs old in him, and can be a starter on any team right now and make an impact, for a guy that prolly has about 5-10 yrs left in him. Not to mention Kobe has proven himself in all of the years in the league. So what are your thoughts? Any other draft picks or players that you would trade for Kobe?

Post your thoughts here.

phantomgerald

no its not. portland are having good young players with great future. with oden, i can see them getting into the playoffs in one or two years time. plus trading for kobe would mean they take a huge salary, and they might have to release some young future prospects for him. i'd rather they draft oden

PeepShow

Good point, but Oden will be getting almost as much as Kobe is making when he signs a contract w/ Portland. IDK

circle

Reaction score
depends...

I mean the Lakers would have to take zach randolph and martell webster at least with the #1 pick for Kobe b/c of the salaries to match, but I think if you are the trailblazers...not jail breakers (before the team had to be dismantled), then you keep your core intact b/c by drafting oden...

C- Oden, Przybilla
PF - Randolph, or Aldridge
SF - MIles/Roy
SG - Roy/Webster
PG - Jack

Not sure who else is on the team, but you can at least look at 3 trade baits in Randolph, Miles, and Pryzbilla.

phantomgerald

i'm quite sure that at most, he will get a 5 million contract. plus, kobe's not exactly a team player and he's not exactly a happy guy if he doesn't get the ball.

my portland team next year
C-oden
pf-Aldridge
sf-roy
sg-webster
pg-kidd(trade with miles, randoph and pryzilla and if neccesary a draft pick)

PeepShow

Thats sounds like a good young team. Now w/ Kobe asking to be traded, now whats going to happen

Soulpower

^^^ And here's the full story on the Kobe thing.

LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant asked to be traded from the Lakers on Wednesday, a day after calling the team's front office "a mess." He said there was nothing the Lakers could do to change his mind.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said in a radio interview. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative. It's rough man, but I don't see how you can rebuild that trust. I just don't know how you can move forward in that type of situation."

Bryant, who helped the Lakers win three consecutive NBA championships, has four years left on the seven-year, $136.4 million contract he signed July 15, 2004. That was a day after Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat.

Bryant became infuriated Tuesday when a Los Angeles Times columnist quoted what he called a Lakers insider as saying it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from O'Neal that prompted the trade to Miami.

"That place is a mess," Bryant said, referring to the Lakers' front office. "If we're not making strides here to improve this team right now, to be aggressive in that nature, then what's the point of having me here?"

Now let's start the rumors.... The Knicks are going to trade for Kobe, either them or the Bulls.

PeepShow

Ya, I just watched it on ESPN. I would love for him to go to the Bulls, since their my Fav team, but I just think they would be giving too much to get him.

Defiant One

Reaction score
The Knicks have alot of trade bait as do the Bulls. Right now i'd say the Knicks are more likely because I dont think Paxton is gonna get rid of his young nucleus of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Duhon, and Nocioni. The Knicks have so many big contracts its not even funny.

PeepShow

LOL, Starbury. He needs to go. But I dont think anyone would want to trade for him. LOL. Ya, the knicks could put a package of Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, and Marbury and a draft pick for Kobe maybe

Defiant One

Reaction score
Franchise, Starbury, Frye, Curry, Robinson they have so much trade bait, as do the Sonics, Blazers, Bulls, Grizzlies, and the Nuggets. lol AI for Kobe classic

PeepShow

That would be good, No Doubt about it. The bulls need a Big man. I would love to see them trade for the # 1 pick and get oden or trade for Kevin Garnett

Defiant One

Reaction score
STOP lol nope Kobe backed off of a trade request, he talked to Phil and was reasured it the organization will make some moves.

PeepShow

O Dang! Kobe is a Douche. He needs to quit acting like he contols everything and just play basketball. The Lakers will decide his fate, not Kobe