Kerry's Official Striking Distance Preview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kerry Buckingham

Reaction score
Hello, my darlings!

First of all, I know, I know…you missed your old Auntie Kerry, didn’t you?! My goodness, I thought my Inbox would burst! But I have not abandoned you, my dears – I have just had so much on my plate, that these little articles fell a little to the wayside! I do hope you will forgive me…

As a way to make it up to you, and seeing as we are on the verge of yet another massive ACW event, I have decided to give you my little preview and breakdown of each of the matches at Striking Distance, picking out who I predict to be the winners in each instance. As such, and without further ado, I give you…

KERRY’S OFFICIAL STRIKING DISTANCE PREDICTIONS

Match 1: The Angel v Donnie Trix v Chase DeSanto
Our opening match is a real question mark. Not much is known about either of these men, other than the fact that Donnie Trix is the brother of Nicky Trix, our current International Champion and favourite among the fans. Name recognition alone may not give Donnie the edge over his two unknown competitors, but if his genes are anything to go by, we may have another budding ACW talent on our hands here. With DeSanto not really having shone up to this point, and the Angel being an absolute debutant, I am going to go ahead and give the win to Donnie, just for the fact that I know a little more about him. Hopefully, I will be surprised.

Kerry’s Pick: Donnie Trix

Match 2: Andrew Reynolds v Avalanche v Jay Clemens
Our second match is the sort of contest I frankly dislike. At least two out of these three men seem to be skilled competitors, so why not let them duke it out in a regular match?! This option for violence and bloodshed really does not sit well with me, but oh well, what is one girl to do?!

In terms of our competitors, Avalanche is undoubtedly the most experienced, and he will be very motivated, coming into this one from a win over Multiplex (in another ludicrously gruesome and hard to witness match). However, Jay Clemens has also had a frankly positive debut, and his street upbringing may prove advantageous in this sort of all-out brawl. And Andrew Reynolds, of course, seems to have finally hit his stride, coming into this one on the back of two convincing wins. In the end, I suppose it will come down to who can hit someone else the hardest with a chair or ladder…shame, really. *Sigh*.

Kerry’s Pick: Avalanche (by a smidgen).

Match 3: Jacqui Monroe v The Demon
Jacqui’ Monroe’s “Final Revenge” over the horrid monstrosity known as Demon is the easiest “match” to call. With no stipulations whatsoever to tie her down, and not even a referee to restrict her, the notoriously and righteously furious Ms Monroe should take great pleasure in tearing her opponent limb from limb. I, for one, will be firmly behind our resident female on this one. Here’s hoping the scoundrel’s punishment is long, drawn out, and excruciatingly painful.

Kerry’s Pick: Jacqui Monroe (and let’s hope it’s gruesome!)

Match 4: Dr. Frank Uhrwhich v Multiplex v Toyota Chelios
Oh dear, not another one of these!? Good heavens, what is this company coming to?! I really expected John to have better sense than this…!

*Sigh* Oh well, if we must…

This match will be especially hard to watch, given the fact that each of the contenders involved suffers from some form of mental disorder. Allowing unbalanced individuals to bash each other over the head with weapons – while inside a cage, no less! – hardly seems like the correct way to cure them, John darling! It *is* in somewhat poor taste, isn’t it, when you think about it?

Ah well, I will get off my soapbox and pick a winner, which is what you all want me to do. In this case, however, it is really hard to do so, as all three of these men have spotty track records, at best. Dr. Uhrwhich lost his debut match to Jay Clemens, whereas both Multiplex and poor adorable Toyota Chelios have veered between somewhat convincing wins and equally conclusive defeats. If I absolutely HAD to choose, I would give Multiplex the advantage, based on his impressive size and frightening recklessness. But I do believe you will forgive me for, as they say, ‘copping out’ on this one – now won’t you, dears?

Kerry’s Pick: N/A (and let’s hope it’s not too gruesome…)

Match 5: Starrdom Nation v LWO
Another match where both contestants have spotty track records. I know both teams from the PWA (where Starrdom Nation where the second strongest unit in the Tag division, losing only to RipperCussions themselves), so I am giving the advantage to Robbie and Ray – besides, they are a lovely bit of eye-candy (Robbie is, at least!), even if they are a tad bit silly… However, from the perspective of someone who knows nothing about either of these teams, it is really hard to pick a winner at this point – we have seen precious little from either, apart from run-ins and such!

Kerry’s Pick: Starrdom Nation (but only because I know what they are capable of!)

Match 6: Aaron Asterisk v Brandon Banks v Dave Summers v Stevie Starr
After the horrid choices for matches early on, my darling John McHenry seems to be attempting to apologise with this delightful little bit of fangirl service. The eye-candy deck is quite stacked on this one, and for once I shall have to make an effort to retain my composure and stay professional…

*Fans self*

Right. Disregarding for a moment the amount of female gaze material in the ring (oh, but Aaron’s abs! And Stevie’s smile! And Davey’s stubble!), this is another match that could go either way.

Aaron’s been improving lately, and he’s fresh off a nice little tag win with Nicky Trix (they should have called themselves Team Cutie-Pie!). He had a win stolen from him the week before, by none other than Stevie, so he will be looking to right a few wrongs as well, which may give him added motivation.

Stevie himself will also be looking to get his own back at Brandon and Davey, who beat him down rather brutally this past week (luckily, they kept his gorgeous face mostly intact!). I would advise my darling, however, to not get overly cocky – his actions and statements on Adrenaline 13 sounded a bit too self-assured to me. Eyes on the prize, my dear, eyes on the prize.

Then, there’s Brandon Banks. After missing a show due to being involved in a shooting – how ghastly! – he has returned to pick up a win…with some help from Starrdom Nation, who brutally attacked him. Still, by no means am I trying to take away from the young man’s prowess – he has just as much of a chance as anybody in the match.

And then, there’s Stevie. I must admit he has been letting me down just a smidgen these past few weeks – ‘a little less conversation, a little more action, baby’. But I know what he is capable of, and those boys had better be on the lookout, because I am sure Stevie will be pulling no punches in his quest for that coveted spot as #1 Contender for Trix’s belt. Another one where it is virtually impossible to pick a winner, but, as much as I like my Stevie, I shall give it to Aaron, by a fraction.

Kerry’s Pick: Aaron “Abs”terisk (but it will be SO close!)

ACW Tag Team Championship: RipperCussions v the Bradley Boys
Another rather simple one to call. Not to take away from the Bradleys, but RipperCussions are nothing short of impressive in the way they operate in the ring. They are a well-oiled machine and should be able to retain. Plus, they look like Champions, which is more than can be said for their opponents…

Kerry’s Pick: RipperCussions (by a comfortable margin).

ACW International Championship: Nicky Trix v Abram Vance
Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I am so divided! Abram Vance is an odious man, of course, but he is more than capable of bringing the game to Nicky Trix, who is a tad bit outmatched in what concerns size and weight. Not that that has ever been a problem for him in the past – one of the good things about Nicky is the way he overcomes his limitations. But Vance is in a very dangerous state of mind, one where he can easily lapse into dangerous recklessness. Should that happen, I can only hope Nicky does not end up too badly hurt.

Nevertheless, I shall still be awarding Nicky the advantage. The lad is one of the most talented pure wrestlers in our company, and he has overcome bigger adversities than this. In fact, it is my firm belief that he is but one lucky break away from the main event scene – although seeing someone as tiny as him with the Heavyweight belt would certainly be incongruous! As it is, I shall be rooting for him, and wish him the best of luck!

Kerry’s Pick: Nicky Trix

ACW World Heavyweight Championship: Syn v Eric Snow v Zack Bronko
Another very hard match to call. I cannot remember the last time that the fight for the title was this close! If I was picking based on eye-candy, I would have to go with Eric Snow (not exactly a tough decision to make), but I’m afraid my darling X-Factor will be woefully mismatched in this contest. He can fly and brawl with the best of them, but he is neither as reckless as Syn nor as big and brutal as Zack Bronko. Unlike either of his opponents, he will have to rely on technique alone, which may not be enough to earn him the strap.

In a similar position is Syn, someone who has willingly put himself under a gruelling schedule with every “week off” he has had. Sources inform me that that may be the case again this week, which is certainly not the most ideal situation to be in during the lead-up to an event where you will have to defend your title. Syn is capable of retaining, but it remains to be seen what sort of physical condition he presents himself in, and whether he can keep the intensity up against these two very capable competitors.

And then there’s Zack Bronko. A mountain of a man, who makes up with size what he lacks in technique. The least technical of the three athletes in this main event, Zack is nevertheless the largest, and one of those size 13 boots to any of the other two wrestler’s heads could signal the end of the match. Plus, my sources tell me he is in an indomitable, reckless state of mind, which in a man of his stature is undoubtedly a hazard. One can only hope his adorable pixie of a wife can somehow soothe him enough to prevent a catastrophe. In the meantime, one must grant the advantage to him.

Kerry’s Pick: Zack Bronko

And there you have it, my dears – my predictions for what promises to be another heart-stopping Pay-Per-View! Am I right? Am I wrong? Am I sexy? (We all know the answer to that one!) Let me know in the comments below, or drop me a line at k-bux@acw.com, as usual. Until then, toodles!

X
K-Bux

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score

THE RUNDOWN
by R J Mackelroy

James-Marsden-photo-1.jpg

Nice analysis for once, Kerry, but I've got some insights that may change everything for STRIKING DISTANCE!

My name is, of course, RJ Mackelroy and I am an intern interviewer at ACW and a communications major at Manhattan University.

Show: ACW iPPV; STRIKING DISTANCE
Theme Song: "37 Stitches" by Drowning Pool/"Eye of The Tiger" by Survivor
Date: July 13, 2012
Commentators: Martin Mays and Kareem Ali
Announcers: Ashley Sparxxx

Great venue guys. It's got that old school ECW feel to it and has a bit of modern class. Was at the STARRDOM NATION press conference (more on that later) and was impressed with how New York is coming out to support ACW as a growing crowd pleaser.

First Bout: Rookie Showdown
Match Type: Singles
Stipulation: N/A
Time Limit: 20 Minutes (2 RP Cap)
Chase DeSanto v. Donnie Trix v. The Angel

We're opening up with a traditional ROOKIE TRIPLE THREAT. Guess what, KBUX? I agree with you. Donnie Trix is the only one of the three we can get a handle on here. But after seeing that ANGEL in white take out the mad doctor and hearing some of the backstage chatter about DeSanto, I'm inclined to leave this one up in the air. Too many intangibles here.

Winner: No idea: Toss up!

Second Bout:A Little Hardcore
Match Type: Tables, Ladders And Chairs
Andrew Reynolds v. Avalanche v. Jay Clement

Oh, KBUX, what are you going on about? Hardcore is the go big or go home of professional wrestling and, I for one, think this is a great move by new owner and GM, John McHenry!
A traditonal TLC match! Nice! These three have a possibility of doing some major damage!

Reynolds is ON FIRE! Love what he's doing lately! I think he can bring here.
Avalanche is the odds on favorite here! He's proven on Adrenaline what he's capable of and SHOULD win this match.
BUT the wildcard is my pick! JAY CLEMENT impressed me and the crowd last show and I think he has the potential to shock everybody here.
His Brawling Hardcore style should make this type of match his little playground!

Winner: Jay Clement

Third Bout: FINAL REVENGE
Stipulation: No DQ, No Countout, No Referee
Jacqui Monroe v. The DEMON

No love loss for the DEMON, at all. Jacqui is right to be mad and want to hurt the guy. I can't in good conscious call this for the predator...

Winner: Jacqui "I ain't no victim' Monroe

Fourth Bout: A Little Hardcore II
Match Type: Barbed-Wire Cage Match w/ Weapons
Dr. Frank Urwhich v. Multiplex v. Toyota Chelios

Oh, GOD, yes!! This is gonna be the one to see for me. Talk about letting the asylums loose to run the crazy house!!
Dr. Urwhich is strange, yet distracted by something. He seems more interested in sizing his opponents up then actually pinning them.
Multiplex; WOW! This guy impresses the HELL out of me! His size makes him hard to man handle and he seems the most focused of the two!
Toyota? Man, he's all over the place. I don't think there's any way he can win, but he's a damned entertaining wrestler.

Winner: Multiplex!

Fifth Bout: Tag Division At War
Match Type: Tornado Tag Team
Starrdom Nation v. The LWO

I think this is where you let your overactive menopausal sex drive blind you, KBUX.
Starrdom Nation is a formidable team; don't get me wrong. But Robbie and Ray haven't won the titles together yet.
And I don't see Stevie getting involved with this one. Starrdom have some trials to go through and may have to get things together to move into contention.

Winners: The Lunatics!

Sixth Bout:
Match Type: Fatal Four Way
Stipulation: #1 Contendership to the ACW International Championship
Time Limit: 30 Minutes (3 RP Cap)
Aaron Asterisk v. Brandon Banks v. Dave Summers v. Stevie Starr

This one is quite a toss up. Asterisk has been spot on lately and, I have to say, he's the odds on favorite.
BUT Stevie Starr is ALWAYS a factor. You NEVER know what he's going to pull!
Banks is back and has some real 'loose cannon' potential!
Summers may not have the tech down, but he's got a lot of spunk and heart and could surprise everybody!

Winner: Stevie Starr/ He's been here many times and knows how to win these kind of matches!

Semi-Main Event 1: ACW Tag Team Championships
Match Type: Tag
Stipulation: ACW Tag Team Championships
Time Limit: 40 Minutes (4 RP Cap)
RipperCussions (c) v. The Bradleys

There's not a tag team today that has the momentum and team dynamics that RIPPERCUSSION has.
Sorry, Bradleys.

Winner: Rippercussion

Semi-Main Event 2: ACW International Championship
Stipulation: ACW International Championship
Nicky Trix (c) v. Abram Vance

Nicky has been a great champion. In fact, he has potential for the big title, easily!
BUT, I got to give the wily vet his dues. Vance knows how to win as does Nicky.
But Abram is willing to go far beyond what Trix is willing to do.

Winner: Abram Vance

Main Event:
Match Type: Triple Threat
Stipulation: ACW Heavyweight Championship
Syn (c) v. Eric Snow v. Zack Bronko

I'm not gonna call this one people! Too close!
I know that's a copout, but all three know what it takes to be champion and have great ability.
I have a feeling this match will not end it between any of these three; no matter who wins.

Winner; Anybody's guess

Looks like a great Pay Per View. Should bring the house down in IRVING PLAZA! Probably will be a sell out!
They'll definitely be begging us to come back! So come on out! The place seats over 1000 people!!
LET'S SUPPORT ACW!!

Last edited:

Kerry Buckingham

Reaction score
Hi RJ! :)

Thanks for the counterpoints.

Regarding Starrdom Nation, you know what? You are actually right. I had forgotten this was Starrdom Nation version 2, who of course are just debuting. Still, I have seen enough from Robbie Starr to consider him the most serious threat to Jack and Darren. And with Ray providing the muscle, this should be an interesting match to follow. You are wrong, however, about my...how did you put it now, darling?..."menopausal sex drive". That only came out when analyzing the FOLLOWING match ;)

Regarding hardcore matches, you may be right, but I am a girly girl in that respect - I get queasy at the sight of blood. I prefer lads to sort out their differences without having to resort to bashing one another over the head with weapons. But that is just me - personal taste.

Interesting point about Jay Clemens, but will he follow up on his promise, is what I wonder. Avalanche I know is capable of delivering: but is Jay?

Good points on all other fronts, and I do agree about RipperCussions - those boys are just outstanding!

Thanks again for the counterpoint, dear. And remember...whenever you want to come work under me, there is a position waiting!

Ta-ra!

K-Bux

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2