Kazuchika Okada is All Elite

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"The Rainmaker would never make more than the Painmaker I'll tell you that much"

:ortonout

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That tweet only portrays AEW fans as aggressive so not a huge fan of that narrative, pretty sus

That being said, I agree we're all eating good!
Interestingly enough, I have told a few WWE fans that try to act like AEW fans are the bigger problem that I generally see more anti-AEW stuff than in reverse, however, over the last couple of weeks I have actually been given that response in the Tweet when I talked about how good both WWE and AEW has been lately. :deadcat

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It really just depends on your algorithm. I see more AEW hate currently, but my timeline is fairly pro AEW anyway since I prefer it more so it's always people complaining about the hate.

With WWE I don't see that as much bc I don't have many people feeling like they need to defend WWE since I don't follow as many pure WWE fans as AEW.

And I almost never see the direct hate for either, only the complaints about it because I usually have already blocked the actual haters :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It really just depends on your algorithm. I see more AEW hate currently, but my timeline is fairly pro AEW anyway since I prefer it more so it's always people complaining about the hate.

With WWE I don't see that as much bc I don't have many people feeling like they need to defend WWE since I don't follow as many pure WWE fans as AEW.

And I almost never see the direct hate for either, only the complaints about it because I usually have already blocked the actual haters :lol
That makes sense. Most of what I see aren’t even people I follow. The algorithm is pretty good though because it does push a lot of wrestling content to me.

I generally see more anti-AEW on my timeline. I think it’s mostly because those like really large anti-AEW Accounts just get a lot of engagement.

However I do see anti-WWE just not like random tweets that I see in my timeline but like actual replies when someone says that both companies are good right now like this tweet, and they reply with, AEW was doing XYZ with Ospreay and WWE has Nia Jax, and whoever she wrestled last Raw, but it’s not super frequent.

The whole discourse is just funny to me because I feel we eating so good right now.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I was kinda of talking about this with Drew. Like he doesn’t need WWE to match an AEW offer, but raise it enough to show you want him to stay.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That makes sense. Most of what I see aren’t even people I follow. The algorithm is pretty good though because it does push a lot of wrestling content to me.

I generally see more anti-AEW on my timeline. I think it’s mostly because those like really large anti-AEW Accounts just get a lot of engagement.

However I do see anti-WWE just not like random tweets that I see in my timeline but like actual replies when someone says that both companies are good right now like this tweet, and they reply with, AEW was doing XYZ with Ospreay and WWE has Nia Jax, and whoever she wrestled last Raw, but it’s not super frequent.

The whole discourse is just funny to me because I feel we eating so good right now.
one toxic anti-wwe narrative ive seen from some of the mega pro aew big accounts was stuff like : aew signs okada mercedes and ospreay wwe signs tama tonga and shawn spears.

which is technically true but that's leaving out a ton of context and is obviously just meant to be obnoxious and piss ppl off

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Like TigerStyle and a few others, hell even Ibou, fucking obnoxious a lot of the times with their over the top takes.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
or that WWE ''fumbled'' getting those guys. I hate the term fumbled btw, shit is so overused
It seems like the discourse doesn’t get that there are two really important factors in this equation and one is that AEW just has a larger purse string to work with. And while they’ll sound weird, considering we’re talking about TKO that makes $1 billion but at the end of the day, Triple H has to answer to a board of directors that don’t wanna overspend and the other is AEW is basically like a stop gap for a lot of these guys because it already has a working relationship with the places that they came from and a lot of their friends are working there. So it feels like they don’t even really leave in a lot of cases, where as WWE would be starting over for them.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
one toxic anti-wwe narrative ive seen from some of the mega pro aew big accounts was stuff like : aew signs okada mercedes and ospreay wwe signs tama tonga and shawn spears.

which is technically true but that's leaving out a ton of context and is obviously just meant to be obnoxious and piss ppl off
Thousand percent yes to this. I’ve seen this take. And it really sucks because it’s like dismissive towards Tama. Finally getting a giant payday after being so loyal for a decade and a half. And yeah technically true but like you can’t look at the WWE roster and tell me that it’s gonna die without Will Osprey. As great as he obviously is.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It seems like the discourse doesn’t get that there are two really important factors in this equation and one is that AEW just has a larger purse string to work with. And while they’ll sound weird, considering we’re talking about TKO that makes $1 billion but at the end of the day, Triple H has to answer to a board of directors that don’t wanna overspend and the other is AEW is basically like a stop gap for a lot of these guys because it already has a working relationship with the places that they came from and a lot of their friends are working there. So it feels like they don’t even really leave in a lot of cases, where as WWE would be starting over for them.

Not to mention, sometimes people just wanna go where they wanna go and they'll use the other company to get that bag. Orton did it. Okada and Ospreay did it. It's a GOOD thing imo.

The only situation where I can say WWE ''fumbled'' someone was Jay White. They had a deal essentially in place, then they didn't due to selling the company and he went to AEW. And even that was more circumstantial. But they did have him then didn't. That was a bummer for them I'm sure.

TL DR just because a company wants someone doesn't mean they fumbled if they go elsewhere. aint nobody saying TNA fumbled no getting CM Punk for example

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not to mention, sometimes people just wanna go where they wanna go and they'll use the other company to get that bag. Orton did it. Okada and Ospreay did it. It's a GOOD thing imo.

The only situation where I can say WWE ''fumbled'' someone was Jay White. They had a deal essentially in place, then they didn't due to selling the company and he went to AEW. And even that was more circumstantial. But they did have him then didn't. That was a bummer for them I'm sure.

TL DR just because a company wants someone doesn't mean they fumbled if they go elsewhere. aint nobody saying TNA fumbled no getting CM Punk for example
Supposedly they just stopped calling or answering Jay’s calls. Wild to think about.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Supposedly they just stopped calling or answering Jay’s calls. Wild to think about.
yeah that's a weird way to do business for sure - if that's what happened, i g we will never know 100%

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2