• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kazuchika Okada is All Elite

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
This is also just a hot take, but Okada might be the guy that puts AEW in a position to be fully competitive with WWE.
I think they would need to still be on a more viewed channel with more promotion, but one day at a time.

I will say that Ospreay as the top face and Okada as the top heel is not something I expected when AEW started and I'm pretty fucking hype for what's next

Butters

That's Me!
I’m not saying they aren’t worth the money but it just baffles me how much some of these people make.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I’m not saying they aren’t worth the money but it just baffles me how much some of these people make.
look at the money coming in. Most wrestlers in american top 2 are still probably underpaid. especially in WWE. Still way below the median of top athletes in pro sports

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I think they would need to still be on a more viewed channel with more promotion, but one day at a time.

I will say that Ospreay as the top face and Okada as the top heel is not something I expected when AEW started and I'm pretty fucking hype for what's next
TBS actually has slightly better reach than USA so Dynamite specifically could theoretically some day do raw numbers.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
If Wrestlers were paid on a similar scale to other pro athletes based on how much money wrestling brings in (WWE for example), they'd be getting paid like $50 Million a year.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
TBS actually has slightly better reach than USA so Dynamite specifically could theoretically some day do raw numbers.
fair enough! I do think that will take a long time and mb tv will be dead by then. wwe is in this spot especially due to their own legacy on that timeslot and night. but it can happen!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
but yeah, I think in this case too, you are asking for a guy to move across the globe away from being the ace of his promotion for a decade. I think you do gotta pay the man, especially when WWE is knocking on the door too. I love the risk, I love putting him front and center and into an angle. let's get it