Kassius Ohno Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Source: PWinsider

WWE released NXT star Kassius Ohno, aka Chris Hero, who has worked in main event level positions for Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH, CHIKARA, IWA Mid-South and CZW, among other promotions all over the world, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

According to multiple sources, Ohno was released by WWE officials while waiting to begin training Friday morning at the Performance Center.

Ohno had just returned to WWE NXT after being held off of TV for some time. What will turn out to be his final appearance, a loss to The Wyatt Family's Luke Harper, aired this past Wednesday on NXT. He had been signed to WWE developmental in 2012.

Nothing 'official' just yet but strong reports on dirt sheets. If true, guess it was bound to happen with those recent reports of him being lazy and what not. Good talent but his own fault here. Listen to your boss.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He lost weight, they were talking him up on the last NXT, not muscular but not as fat

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Had a feeling this would happen the more I kept hearing about him lacking work ethic or whatever and how long he has been there. Shame really would have liked to see what he would have done on the main roster.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Shame because the guy is a really good talent, and considering how long it takes someone to go though delvelopmental and make it onto TV I think he should have gotten longer than he did. Lacks work ethic? I would like to know what they mean by that, because I doubt its what people who live on planet earth mean by it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Have you watched him work on NXT? Bo is better in the ring working a wwe style. It's not like he's Cesaro, Bryan, punk, Sammy, Harper, Neville, Woods, or even Kaval and was ripping things up. He's got talent, he could have the look if he cared to, but he is far from being a standout. There's plenty of guys like Bo, Steamboat, the Ascension, Graves, and the diva quintet of Bailey, Emma, Paige, Sasha, and Summer who honestly come off as working harder than him. Same with Big E and the Wyatt's who got the call.

He was fat and winded during the regal feud which is saying something because regal is out of shape. He went on to be taken off TV and made to wear a MVP singlet to he got it together. Then he came back skinnier but still with love handles and a stomach sticking out. The guy basically Brayden Walkered himself.

Yes some may say but he should be excused because he's worked the Indy circuit and Japan for years, he's ready. But if he can't keep himself in shape with top training equipment, top medical staff, and little travel why would you trust him on the road when he's going to be around fast food and less than equal gyms? Plenty of other guys and damn sure girls bust their ass at every taping just to be noticed and honestly out work the guy. That shouldn't happen. Bryan had the tie incident, Punk had his ova run ins that Heyman had to buffer for, but guys like them and Del Rio (sin Cara should take note) paid dues and earned notice not off what got them in the door which was their hype but off their work ethic once they got there. It sends a 2 sided message, it tells the staff that works for NXT they have to bring it and take care of themselves; it also tells the Indy circuit your name means nothing because this isn't a day and age where there's an ECW or WCW where guys become truly mainstream famous and earn a big ego, you're just as much the equal of these other guys who are all starting at the bottom.

And yes I'm the first one to give them shit about legitimacy, drawing, and being vanilla midgets but. Punk and. Bryan always bust their ass and try to put on a hell of a match

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Sure I'm upset about this but am i surprised? NO! He really didn't apply himself he put on weight during his time off instead of when he should have been hitting the gym. But i guess he thought he some other guys don't have the best bodies but he has all these years behind him so he pretty much relied on that, which is a shame. I also wanna say when Wade started using the elbows I think OhNo kinda gave up hope a bit, but I'm not even blaming wade here cause it's a good gimmick. But OhNo just kinda went downhill from that.

At least I got my Regal/OhNo, now I guess all I can hope is he wrestles for PWG again now gets back on the roids and hopefully he sticks to the workouts this time and maybe WWE gives him a 2nd shot. IF NOT TNA TIME!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
He's booked for December PWG and is facing helms next week at PWS

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
What a shame. The guy's an insanely good wrestler, and worked the WWE style pretty damn well from what I saw of him.

I guess his physique was one of his main issues. I know some people will say that he 'should have hit the gym harder' but he comes across as a guy who's not not genetically built to have such a large frame. Wasn't his signing with WWE delayed because of some wellness policy? It was always going to be hard for him to get back into that kind of shape without taking juice.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This truly is a bummer as I was hoping to see him on the main roster. Shit, working with Cesaro could have helped him loads! Real shame, but I guess we still have the indy circuit. Not sure if I want to see him on TNA just because I don't think they'll be able to use him as properly as he deserves. Mind you, if the work ethic thing is legit, I have no sympathy. You gotta bust your ass for that WWE paycheck!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There's no way TNA doesn't make a play for him, they're looking for new talent to bolster their ranks and would do the job nicely for them if it's financially viable.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I mean, I know he was out of shape but... he actually looked better than JBL for most of JBL's run with the company aside from his debut.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fucking dumbass, depriving me of seeing him on Raw every week with his poor attitude and laziness. What's more surprising here is that Fab is apparently not on suicide watch, or he's just covering it up extremely well.

Reactions: 1 person

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Not surprised in the slightest. He was missing off NXT tv for months, and I figured they'd probably release him then but they didn't. He's not really been that involved since his return either, so yeah, him being released isn't surprising.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not going to pile on the guy, but if you show a piss poor attitude in developmental.....Why would any company keep you around?

It's developmental, all you need is to listen or atleast pretend to listen and do what you are told and you get called up. You don't even have to be "ready".