Kane on his WWE Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Knoxville.com spoke with one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane to promote tonight's Supershow in Knoxville, Tennessee. Here are some highlights:

His WWE future:
"I have a few more years to go. I really don't have a specific game plan in mind. I'm still having fun. I'm still having a good time. As long as I can keep getting in the ring, I want to keep it up."

Teaming with Daniel Bryan:
"We're a tag team that really doesn't work that well together. The (verbal jabs) in between us are quite entertaining. It's a bit more lighthearted than I usually have (in a storyline). It's fun to do and different than what I have done in the past."

Keeping his character fresh:
"I've been doing this for a while, and people have come to respect that. I am also the last of my generation who works (in the ring) pretty much full time. I am always surprising people in doing things they didn't think I could. I like being able to still do that after all these years."

Kane also revealed that he has become more and more involved in WWE's creative process.

Personally I'm glad to hear he will be around for a few more years and that he's getting involved with creative. He can teach both quite a bit in my mind.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, I could see KANE being around much longer still. He doesn't seem to be slowing down at the rate of most other stars around his age. Maybe it's being a midcarder most of his career actually that has preserved him so well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kane's ring-work at the moment is probably the best it's ever been. He can stay around a bit longer.

Reaction score
That's awesome. Kane has been on a great run since he got the mask back. Good for him.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Kind of wish they would stop the Team Friendship thing now. I miss being able to take Kane seriously. Same goes for Bryan really. This whole "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPION!" crap is kind of getting annoying now.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kind of wish they would stop the Team Friendship thing now. I miss being able to take Kane seriously. Same goes for Bryan really. This whole "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPION!" crap is kind of getting annoying now.

Not even close, Team Friendship continue to be one of the most entertaining parts of the show, and they get the loudest crowd reactions. If you think it's annoying so be it, but I don't, and I hope they continue it. Hell, it's only been going on like a month, typical IWC mentality if you want them to stop it now.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Pretty sure if you know me as well as you do, you'd know I'm no typical IWC asshat. This is my personal opinion. I don't like the repetitive shit at all. And that's exactly what it is. It's fun when they do the segments as team building stuff, but what they are currently doing just getting in each other's face is kind of boring.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's been less than a month though, how can you say it's been repetitive already? Give them time to actually do something else.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm personally enjoying the Friendship stuff. It's much better then seeing KANE do nothing like WWE always have him do around November to April. And look at WWE's track record with Bryan creative never have anything for him.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I love the ream itself, but the "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPION!" thing is already losing it's fun. Honestly, I just don't like it anymore. It was funny as Hell at the start, but now, not so much.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kane has done an extremely good job of keeping fit and staying relatively fresh in the ring. The Kane in the ring today is basically the same Kane from around 5 or 6 years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps going at the same pace for another couple of years.

It's good to see that's he's still getting enjoyment from wrestling after all these years.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
As a Kaneanite I am loving team Hell No my only suprise is that these two haven't just piss themselves with laughter because they are by far the most entertaining thing on Raw.

It's great to see Kane being more involved with creative hell I hope if he had any input into team hell no let him get a bigger role in creative when he retires.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Didn't really think about him being the only guy from his era to still be going full-time. He has been able to readapt his game and stay fresh. The comedy stuff with Bryan shows a different side to him also, they really play off each other nicely.

Not sure if he would make a good creative person or not, but certainly with his level of experience and the way he has seen and done it in WWF/WWE he certainly should have a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very happy to hear that he will be around for a bit longer. He is still performing well and hasn't dropped off that much which is impressive considering his age and his size. He has become more relevant again in the past few years and has shown what a valuable hand he is. He is a guy that is happy to put over new wrestlers so he is a handy person to keep around.

Reaction score
As a Kaneanite I am loving team Hell No my only suprise is that these two haven't just piss themselves with laughter because they are by far the most entertaining thing on Raw.

It's great to see Kane being more involved with creative hell I hope if he had any input into team hell no let him get a bigger role in creative when he retires.

There's a bunch of times that I thought "They're both about to start laughing and completely break character right now". There has been a couple of times where you can tell they're forcing back laughing, Bryan more than Kane.