Just letting you know

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ricochet

Allister Black

Adam Cole

These guys are all overrated... guys like Gargano, Danny Burch, Dream, Dunne, Marcel Barthel .. these guys are amazing but those other 3 guys are the most overrated wrestlers ON THE PLANET right now.

Just wanted to inform you, you can go about now

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Ricochet

Allister Black

Adam Cole

These guys are all overrated... guys like Gargano, Danny Burch, Dream, Dunne, Marcel Barthel .. these guys are amazing but those other 3 guys are the most overrated wrestlers ON THE PLANET right now.

You forgot the Most Overrated one. Too Thin Finn lol

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I just want Alister Black to get released

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Ricochet

Allister Black

Adam Cole

Replace Aliester with Finn Balor and I'll change my rating to agree ;)

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Ricochet

Allister Black

Adam Cole

All those names are good lol. Ricochet is a bit flippy flippy and weak at promos, I kinda like Adam Cole.

Gargano might be one of the best in ring psychology experts in WWE atm. Ciampa is the best heel.

Last edited:
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Crash

Reaction score
Ricochet

Allister Black

Adam Cole

"Overrated" is such an oxymoron thing to say... Just say it, you think those guys suck and that you think others are better. I like all of the wrestlers you named, yes some of them I like better, but that's just my opinion. I don't think it's constructive to say "all those guys are overrated" but "all those other guys are the best in the world" I think that's just rude and unnecessary.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
People who use the word overrated really give a shit out other peoples opinions on stupid shit.

Last edited:

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
"Overrated" is such an oxymoron thing to say... Just say it, you think those guys suck and that you think others are better. I like all of the wrestlers you named, yes some of them I like better, but that's just my opinion. I don't think it's constructive to say "all those guys are overrated" but "all those other guys are the best in the world" I think that's just rude and unnecessary.
Idk. I sorta feel the same way sometimes though. Like, grammatically speaking, overrated can even define the second best in the world. It all depends on context. Like for me personally, yes, Ricochet and Cole are highly overrated. Do I think they're untalented or bad? No, not in the slightest. Far from it actually. I do however feel that they are often given more credit by fans than deserved, and thusly are overrated in the literal sense

Crash

Reaction score
Idk. I sorta feel the same way sometimes though. Like, grammatically speaking, overrated can even define the second best in the world. It all depends on context. Like for me personally, yes, Ricochet and Cole are highly overrated. Do I think they're untalented or bad? No, not in the slightest. Far from it actually. I do however feel that they are often given more credit by fans than deserved, and thusly are overrated in the literal sense

I get your point and it is very interesting. But, I will say I watch wrestling most of the time on a streaming site which I won't name and it has hundreds of people during NXT Takeovers or WWE PPVs. And most of the time in the chat I see people saying how adam cole is lame and bland and ricochet is ugly and overrated, etc. I think "overrated" is very subjective and different from one person to another based upon what they see in a wrestler. I still think "Overrated" is most of the time, used as a bait or a lazy way to express how you think a wrestler is worst or better than another based on what you read on the internet.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Adam Cole, maybe.. but the other 2 guys are fine.. Ricochet is ridiculously talented.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I get your point and it is very interesting. But, I will say I watch wrestling most of the time on a streaming site which I won't name and it has hundreds of people during NXT Takeovers or WWE PPVs. And most of the time in the chat I see people saying how adam cole is lame and bland and ricochet is ugly and overrated, etc. I think "overrated" is very subjective and different from a person to another based upon what they read or hear about talents. I still think i is, most of the time, used as a bait or lazy way to express how you think some wrestlers are worst or better than others based on what you read on the internet.
96.2% of the time (made up internet statistic for the day), people ignorantly use the term overrated as a synonym for the wrestler sucking in their opinion, and in this scenario you definitely have a strong case for feeling the way you do. Random internet smark saying that Ricochet is overrated tends to mean they think Ricochet sucks because he does a couple flips here or there, or they saw the clip of him with Ospreay (who, unrelated, i feel actually DOES suck) and went into autohipster mode to say he's overrated as a way of countering or belittling the popular internet opinion. Much like you described.

Very few will actually use the term correctly, or at least mean it as such. When I say Kenny Omega is overrated for example, people give me a lot of shit for that. Or a few years ago, when I said Daniel Bryan was overrated. It's still subjective as you mentioned, yes. But I mostly only meant that in the literal sense. Is Kenny one of the best in the world right now? Fuck yeah. Can he possibly live up to the amount of hype that has been put around him or the credit given to him? I truly believe he cant. Not because he's bad. But because the hype at this point more or less exceeds the level that any human can achieve. Same goes for Bryan a few years ago, and I was saying he was overrated even when he was probably in my top 3 wrestlers in the world.

Tl;Dr yes it is a subjective word, and no people generally don't use it properly

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Crash

Reaction score
96.2% of the time (made up internet statistic for the day), people ignorantly use the term overrated as a synonym for the wrestler sucking in their opinion, and in this scenario you definitely have a strong case for feeling the way you do. Random internet smark saying that Ricochet is overrated tends to mean they think Ricochet sucks because he does a couple flips here or there, or they saw the clip of him with Ospreay (who, unrelated, i feel actually DOES suck) and went into autohipster mode to say he's overrated as a way of countering or belittling the popular internet opinion. Much like you described.

Very few will actually use the term correctly, or at least mean it as such. When I say Kenny Omega is overrated for example, people give me a lot of shit for that. Or a few years ago, when I said Daniel Bryan was overrated. It's still subjective as you mentioned, yes. But I mostly only meant that in the literal sense. Is Kenny one of the best in the world right now? Fuck yeah. Can he possibly live up to the amount of hype that has been put around him or the credit given to him? I truly believe he cant. Not because he's bad. But because the hype at this point more or less exceeds the level that any human can achieve. Same goes for Bryan a few years ago, and I was saying he was overrated even when he was probably in my top 3 wrestlers in the world.

Tl;Dr yes it is a subjective word, and no people generally don't use it properly

Yep, couldn't have summed this all up better.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The amount of hype wrestlers get, if your not overrated then your not that good.

Reactions: Crash

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I also disagree with this. Some are really fucking talented but just aren't noticed by the masses, either now or ever. Therefore being nearly impossibly to be "overrated"
It depends on what your looking at. Technical in ring ability, sure. Loads of wrestlers who are great in Ring are not hyped up. That's because they lack in other areas of wrestling. Being a great wrestler isn't about how good your Irish whip is.

Reactions: Crash