Just announced Steam Deck. PC mobile handheld powered by AMD. Starts from $499CAN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
jxdmxp66veb71.jpg

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:WOW

Interesting, although that looks mighty expensive.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Not much of a handheld gamer yet this is pretty cool. I won't buy one since I'd probably never use it but for folks that have a ton of PC games this could be perfect for them. Not bad at all.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Would be great for travel especially if it works well

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Looks just like the Sega Game Gear

Reactions: Necro

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
you can buy a dock for it too that hooks up to the TV. Really going after that Switch market.

Reactions: Necro

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
This looks kinda amazing honestly.

Steam games on a handheld device? Like? Hells to the yes.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

I think I'd probably put Windows on this but the Steam OS doesn't look bad. I suppose it depends on how fluid it is.

I don't think I'm going to get one until 2022, just because of the sheer demand I'm seeing.

This seems like a really cool portable PC really. I've always wanted a handheld device that can do everything and the steam library is huge.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

To be granted a Verified rating - which denoting full compatibility with Steam Deck - a game must first pass four checks: all functionality must be accessible when using the machine's default controller configuration, Steam Deck controller icons must be shown in-game, interface text must legible on the display screen, and the default graphics configuration must perform well.

Out of the initial 67 titles currently rated, 39 have passed with flying colours to receive a Verified rating, while 23 have failed at least one test, pushing them down into the Playable category. Valheim, for instance, is noted as sometimes showing mouse, keyboard, or non-Steam Deck controller icons during play, while Subnautica loses a point for the fact some functionality isn't accessible with the default controller configuration - instead requiring the use of the touchscreen, virtual keyboard, or a community configuration. As for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, "some in-game text may be small and difficult to read".

Of the five titles currently listed as Unsupported, four aren't much of a surprise given they're designed for VR headsets. However, the one oddity arrives in the form of Persona 4 Golden, with Valve merely noting it's still working on adding Steam Deck support for the game.

It appears Valve has been periodically updating its database with new Steam Deck compatibility ratings throughout the day, so while I've detailed everything available at the time of writing below, expect that list to steadily grow. With 67 Steam games down and approximately 50,000 more to go, however, I probably won't be updating the list to completion.

VERIFIED
  1. Aliens: Fireteam Elite​
  2. APE OUT​
  3. Castle Crashers​
  4. Celeste​
  5. Circuit Superstar​
  6. Cuphead​
  7. DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin​
  8. DARK SOULS III​
  9. DEATH STRANDING​
  10. Death's Door​
  11. Dishonored​
  12. FINAL FANTASY​
  13. Guacamelee! 2​
  14. Gunfire Reborn​
  15. Hollow Knight​
  16. HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED​
  17. Into the Breach​
  18. Mad Max​
  19. Manifold Garden​
  20. Mark of the Ninja: Remastered​
  21. NieR:Automata​
  22. Noita​
  23. Portal 2​
  24. Psychonauts 2​
  25. RAD​
  26. Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth​
  27. Remnant: From the Ashes​
  28. Risk of Rain​
  29. Rogue Legacy​
  30. Sable​
  31. SCARLET NEXUS​
  32. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice​
  33. Super Mega Baseball 3​
  34. Tetris Effect: Connected​
  35. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth​
  36. The Messenger​
  37. Total War: WARHAMMER II​
  38. Tunche​
  39. Webbed​
PLAYABLE
  1. Among Trees​
  2. Black Skylands​
  3. BRAVELY DEFAULT II​
  4. Cats in Time​
  5. Cookie Clicker​
  6. Crypt of the NecroDancer​
  7. Dyson Sphere Program​
  8. Factorio​
  9. Farming Simulator 19​
  10. Inscryption​
  11. Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year​
  12. RimWorld​
  13. Rise of the Tomb Raider​
  14. Season of Mystery : The Cherry Blossom Murders​
  15. Slay the Spire​
  16. Stormworks: Build and Rescue​
  17. Subnautica​
  18. Swords of Legends Online​
  19. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt​
  20. Tomb Raider​
  21. Tribes of Midgard 2​
  22. Valheim​
  23. War Thunder​
UNSUPPORTED
  1. Arizona Sunshine​
  2. Budget Cuts​
  3. Job Simulator​
  4. Persona 4 Golden​
  5. theBlu​

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
steam-deck-laptop.jpg

Ahead of the Steam Deck’s launch, Valve has detailed a new feature for Steam’s cloud saves that should carry over your progress from your Steam Deck back to your PC (or another Steam Deck) even when you put your Steam Deck into suspend mode without fully exiting a game. Valve has talked about this intriguing idea before, but now it has a name — Dynamic Cloud Sync.

Here’s how it should work: when you put your Steam Deck into sleep mode, Dynamic Cloud Sync will automatically upload “all modified save game data” to the cloud, Valve explained in a blog post published Monday. That way, you can pick up your save when you sit down at your PC or another device with Steam. The Steam Deck will also automatically download save updates when you wake up the device.

The feature sounds very handy, and if it works as advertised, it could make the myriad of mobile promises made by the Steam Deck feel attainable. Seamless cloud saves is something rivals (like the Nintendo Switch) have struggled with. That said, Valve says developers will have to manually enable Dynamic Cloud Sync in their games, so it might take time for the feature to be available in some of your favorite titles, and it’s guaranteed to require internet connectivity.

If Dynamic Cloud Sync isn’t enabled, Steam will still track progress you make on your Steam Deck. “However, any user who suspends their Deck while your game is running and then tries to resume that game on a different device will be prompted to first return to their Deck to close the running process or continue without their most recent save game progress,” Valve says in the post intended for developers.

Dynamic Cloud Sync could be one of the Steam Deck’s best new features, and hopefully, we won’t have to wait long to try it for ourselves, as the device’s February 2022 launch is nearly here. But if you haven’t already secured a reservation, you might be waiting a bit longer to get your hands on the handheld gaming PC, as Valve’s expected order availability for new reservations is currently a vague “after Q2 2022.”

This is good news. Cloud saving is always a good thing to have to make carrying over game saves more smooth. Valve is putting a lot of effort in to this device, I sure do hope it performs well. I'd love to get one myself.

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It's gonna be a while before I get one of these, but looking forward to people getting their hands on it. So we can finally get some solid hands-on impressions.

Following a bit of a delay at the end of last year, Steam Deck is almost upon us, with Valve now confirming its highly anticipated portable gaming PC will begin shipping on 28th February.

Given the manufacturing constraints that continue to dog the tech industry amidst the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Valve will be disseminating Steam Deck - as it confirmed when its reservations system opened last July - in waves throughout 2022 and beyond.

As such, only a limited number of Steam Decks will begin winging their way around the world come 28th February, with Valve now warning those reservation holders at the front of the queue to expect their order emails from 25th February.

Those receiving an email will have 72 hours from its receipt to make their Steam Deck purchase; anyone failing to secure their order within that time will forfeit their place in the queue, with the reservation then being released to the next person in line.

Valve says it'll be sending out more email batches after the initial wave on a weekly basis.

There has, of course, been a flurry of Steam Deck news in recent weeks as Valve prepares to launch its first units into the wild. Last week, for example, saw the company uploading its initial batch of compatibility rated games to the Steam database - with all but five of those tested proving playable (to greater or lesser degrees) on the platform - and we've also had confirmation that Easy Anti-Cheat and Dynamic Cloud Sync will be supported, the latter allowing for seamless save file transfer between PC and Steam Deck.

Valve also notes that press units will be sent out soon, so expect initial preview coverage and impressions of the highly anticipated machine to emerge online in the near future.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
The reviews will be iffy since some maybe paid reviews so, but kind of intresting they are releasing so soon

Reactions: Marty McFourth