Smarkverse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
JGFbDDgeLzwOxrFA6Hwh99MoeYv9xcRLyXzlNJ7v5jD8m1qqaRYZp7O0VIg1anqy26BhlgohCJmghCRkP0Julj31oERNG8iGwQ_t_NFgxYyLho5t_Auh96v18kQZoWELLQWZAPX14btSYvVfXL1ilJQ

We join a special commentary line-up of Kevin Kelly, Matt Striker and Tony Schiavone from Korakuen Hall, Japan for the Honor Rising’s Night One Preshow - in what will begin an extravaganza weekend of wrestling as Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling come together for two day of great wrestling action.

Kevin Kelly: Welcome everyone to what potentially could be the greatest wrestling event of the year since Wrestle Kingdom and I am joined by my good friend Matt Striker, as well as Tony Schiavone who joins the comms table as a representative of Ring of Honor. We begin proceeding tonight before the official show gets underway with a Six Man Tag Team match between Team Muertes and Mastodon and Joshi's Singles action between Serena Deeb and Liv Morgan. Before we welcome our first lot of wrestlers to the ring, I have to ask both of you which match are you most looking forward to tonight?

Tony Schiavone: Can I just say it is a pleasure to be sharing the table with you both tonight, although Kevin you are an elder statesman when it comes to ROH so you are pretty much the perfect man for the task of talking tonight. Personally, what match am I most excited about? Kross versus Takeshita I would say. Kross has proven himself an animal since winning the ROH World Television Championship and perhaps being a key component in The Foundation starting to show cracks, but Konsuke offers a challenge that I don’t think Killer Kross has faced yet.

Kevin Kelly: I do agree that certainly is a match that is certainly going to be interesting, especially considering that Konsuke is set to face Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion Kento Miyahara on World on Monday - and who knows a win or a loss tonight could determine if the belt is up for grabs. What about you Striker? What match are you looking forward to?

Matt Striker: I mean it might be the obvious answer, but it has to be Okada and Rollins. The IWGP Heavyweight Championship is up for grabs, and ever since Okada vs. Black, The Rainmaker has looked like has become a different man - darker and perhaps more focused. Whether Rollins realizes it or not, this could be the toughest match of his entire career.

Kevin Kelly: Hard to disagree with you on that one - let's take the action to the ring for the first match of the evening.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

wIDPYbrZDPlKpAHWWRT6Cc5uIYjFUn4toL78HKNPJrPbizSVjs8uNuj8w3iL3iVv7dgXmRCOLmy8AW2wuHbuUsBA8FdXvx19XCTp2RCy62zDOPnZ8k7D6ujxg87dB5_J1zaGZcbnHYArpxcxTqRd2So

Striker, Schiavone and Kelly explain how the match came about, with Mastodon attacking Muertes and members of ChAoS making the save, Ishii having some personal issues with Mastodon’s actions against Samoa Joe. The match itself would have a lot of hard hitting beefy man on man action sandwiched in between OC’s unorthodox lucha offense. Paul Ellering tried to give his team an advantage, but Catalina would interject and drag him off the ring apron to neutralize him, which would lead to the referee ejecting them both from ringside.

The match would come to a close, when Muertes and Ishii would hit stereo finishers on the outside to The Authors of Pain. Orange Cassidy would follow up by moving out of the way of a Tsunami splash by Jonah, and after dodging the dive would follow it up with an Orange Punch and seal the victory with the MouseTrap pinning combination.

Winners: Team Muertes

After the match, Jonah is irate and slaps around his teammates. He then points and berates Cassidy and vows revenge. ChAoS and Muertes celebrate and blow them off.

d_e4GE38BzbsitdMYC2JFt1KqY4Sw8N2JtPFBmKF5eVLryDRu5Mb_v_vrzK2MoAAtYJreFk_56nfP393yufDFLiq4DqIppj8-Dd39OFe2uAXik0e5UaQUvGOAQybZ__3630q9kxI4ojSiGLhoQ6hXPA

The clash between Morgan and Deeb would very much fit the billing of a classic David vs Goliath battle, with the much less experienced, but scrappy Liv Morgan taking on veteran grappler Serena Deeb. Deeb would show off her submission and mat wrestling game, stretching Liv into a pretzel on multiple occasions throughout the match. Liv would show her underdog resilience and show a tonne of heart as she would manage to escape time after time. Morgan manages a comeback and almost puts Deeb away, but Serena slips away and counters with the Serenity Lock. Liv would reach desperately for the ropes, but Deeb smashes her knee against the mat over and over and bends her in half further, forcing Liv to tap out.

Winner: Serena Deeb

The crowd boos as the other members of The Clinic come down the ramp and hug Serena and raise her hand in the air as they walk back together. The crowd then cheers Liv as she gets up on her own accord and is clearly limping as she is helped backstage by some of the younger Joshi talent (Young Girls).

9hQ_PYkO44z0DIsiueCuGVaNW7pcrVm_EPBXpjW1ljVKTQ55iS_i9k3h3Ag-4_2pU-Jze_VT5TADc7HI-Au3uWiBhQdndan4HZJarYx_lc95ipYrlvDI45R7k03H294Pnj7QjmSUg7_40iiI--6zYXU

Honor Rising would kick off with a live performance by Skillet who performed the official Theme Tune for the Night One ‘Rise’.

ijNWmQjQrgENaJBgx7-5zml0PG4Jk4qf1mKjZ12_6LDD9enbPBs4b9MPFPDc7rwPEX5W8De8suI3FOhgXZ5goviGvVQMV4vkB9dnVymQGbYFNmDWzR95gu5OCnUT610v9ZWycwQ4-ppKHKmIVTygDHI

The main card starts off with an absolute banger as the legendary ROH tag team and current ROH tag team champions The Briscoes take on ‘The Icon’ Sting and Darby Allin. The match would start off with an explosion of dynamite as Darby immediately dives to the outside to cut off the Briscoes entrance - all four men would then proceed to brawl on the outside. The Briscoes take control by chucking Darby into the railing and double teaming Sting on the outside. They slide Darby in the ring. The champions dominate Darby but he refuses to give up. Eventual hot tag by Sting who wipes both men out with big punches and Stinger Splashes. Scorpion Death Drop on Mark who kicks out at 2. Coffin Drop lands but Jay breaks up the count at 2.99. Jay Driller on Darby who kicks out at 2.99.

More back and forth dual moves by both teams - that would lead to the final moments of the contest. Sting misses a Stinger Splash , Jay goes for Jay Driller, but Sting counters and locks in the Scorpion DeathLock. Jay grabs the ropes. Darby tags in and hits a tornado DDT on Jay. Mark sneaks up on Sting in his corner and powerbombs him to the ground. Darby is distracted looking back at Sting being hurt. Jay Driller on Darby, tag, Doomsday Device. Mark Briscoe then pins Darby to retain the titles.

Winners: The Briscoes

After the match, the Code of Honor is observed, as both teams shake hands and hug it out. The cameras pan up to one of the sky boxes - as the tag team of Edge and Christian are looking down from the rafters with it common knowledge that they will face The Briscoes next weekend at Bound By Honor before focusing back on Mark and Jay who would enjoy their victory and have a moment with the Japanese fans.

MWU4BOH6TTkqm1fDQD1EiZC5fxGwo3lBDlcsSxKe66A68jbwmpF6ppwSzfm0MHIt1dbUeizT3tAabBz-FcWf-O_tk4qMRahghcF1y8ysxKF2giqUYIh8phH0oSnk5kyPb7zTVOVU01gTYgeBSw50gFc

Mutoh would defend the KOPW Provisional Trophy for the first time since winning it at Wrestle Kingdom and would do so in a four-way, time ultimate submission match. The winner of the match would be the competitor who would score the most submission within the allotted time with submissions counting on the outside, and there being no rope breaks.

Early in the match, Mutoh would tap out A-Kid to the Muta Lock.Kenta would sneak in after Mutoh would release the hold and take on Miro and tap out A kid again to his Omoplata Crossface. Miro attempts his modified Camel Clutch on Mutoh, but Kenta hits a running knee.

With a minute left on the clock, Miro would take out Mutoh with a crossbody to the outside , hit a Matchka kick on Kenta and A Kid, and lock in a double Camel Clutch on Kenta and A kid, scoring a double tap out and ending the match with 2 submissions to 1.

Winner: Miro

VCGp6wGmIMw7CsqoB_h_oM2DeDlq5TP2WEXO0iUoLyXW_evC0MzH7hZi7arGAj5mtUzJbjO6Nk78u58KeyGUzlWZCxhiRi1i97mC65zh5pVyMX5Ht2vFqa_WiYZfWKsaya7WiREGL7HFxlnMS9NwHpc

The next contest would change the tone of the evening with the fans being presented with some high octane quick paced action as Mustafa Ali would defend his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against ace luchador Rey Fenix, with Ali once again being accompanied to the ring by Dijak.

The match would be an absolute barn burner with both men going all out,the match would turn to Mustafa Ali’s favor when Dijak would pull him out of the way of a Rey Fenix frog splash (honoring the late Guerrero). The referee would then berate Dijak and Mustafa would use it as a distraction to grab his title and smash Fenix square in the face with it. After tossing the belt underneath the ring and removing all the evidence, Ali hits the 054 and retains his title much to the chagrin of a jeering crowd.

Winner: Mustafa Ali

ZxYtZVbnX7Lrv3Bu9IYBF51sxWXgboZOVkSUGP-N3n_QVUnNCxh4VyfNxb12bjs0mTwbrM8RFGKwP22e26-wvUfRBJYpcULcEgzScmN32bHaqFXBYMg4L_CHxG_G8cXnX3FYBto5NFypVjOmrMbsjTo

The camera would cut to the backstage interview area with Moose making it clear that he wanted to have some time in front of the camera.

Moose: I don’t think I even have the words to describe how much I dislike Brock as a wrestler and how much he disgusts me as a person and there is nothing I want more in this world than to put The Beast on the shelf and retire him from the business for good. I am twice the athlete that Brock ever was, but I have only ever received half the opportunities. And to think he wasted the chance of claiming a victory over Okada at Wrestle Kingdom. All he had to do was bend the rules slightly, and he would walk away from The Dome as the IWGP Heavyweight Champion - but instead he took the loss like a bitch and spent countless weeks afterwards sulking like a big baby. If I had been given that sort of shot - a shot that I deserve then I sure as hell would have done everything in my power to leave with the title in my possession. Instead, New Japan thought it would be better to offer a part-time washed up cowboy a shot at the gold - well tonight I put my money where my mouth is and I will show everyone that Brock truly is a has-been as I put the spotlight where it is meant to be - over my head bitch!

qSNOtVw40_6OVC00Q3bA-TXJ_OyTcKg4A0l-vAbSdUNof0hpVsxTNBL8xQijYH3CEPeu8MziAEqJK2OnmX0YbgNldTVyBAAGP8UXNo08XuPfYtlbUTwBJVnD3upyT-aqKbp6JIyB_NVEPi41QXZTqtE

La Faccion would look to continue their dominant run as 6 man champions against multiple time former Impact tag champions Violent By Design. The action would be quick and wild, until Joe Doering was able to tag in and completely slow down proceedings using his size and power advantage. Andrade would eventually get the better of him with a trio of suplexes followed by a split legged moonsault for a close 2 count. The action would continue with wild dives from the luchas and big suplexes and lariats from VBD. After Doering and Eric Young were neutralized, RUSH would connect with Bulls Horn on Deaner and secure the pin to retain the titles.

Winners: LFI

After the match, LFI played it too cool to shake hands and pose for the camera. Andrade would then cut a promo stating that LFI was the worldwide alpha faction in professional wrestling, and no trio on earth will ever take these belts from them. The cameras would suddenly cut backstage where we see Vincent & The Righteous watching the fallout of the match on a monitor. They grumble among themselves and appear offended at LFI’s statements and behavior.

pl4GlCj5-SxUog7nj07HMRXq65yUkJzriw5TxSV6AnwBw8Zy-HNeYJzY1IV6FLWQNA0mDcfw2doMMjR9wqkUCWi1Kcr-NTsLl3d4JnA4RRLZFzUlAoy7SxDhsrlmrrUaB6q4Xfe26lOuGg0KH0tcRac

A fired up Heyman would offer a response from outside of Brock’s private locker-room, with it being clear that it was a direct response to Moose’s words earlier.

Paul Heyman: Moose? Moose? I can’t believe that of all the opponents that Brock could have lined up, it's some no hope loser who was named after roadkill. A man who was never on the WWE’s radar and even with the weights and ghosts of the Voodoo Kin Mafia running wild in Stamford they still have no idea who you are. You are never going to make it to the big leagues and I suppose this a dream come true for you, because this will be the first and last time you will literally stand in Brock’s enormous shadow. And I can let this spoiler out of the back - Brock is going to ruin your life and after tonight you are going to run back to TNA on your hands and knees and beg Rockstar Spud to let you wrestle on Thursday Nights, where losers are going to be forgotten about.

rc_WXiRWv_qCo5oO9Vc2Fr6w02qG7tqVzWxffkrPqrF3yBqFKqALGuwnSJ-z4FCg-THZphrzps9HIAzoNxu61CBUtgVBNtzkdsdjO9SOeBZWQ1TdTYGrWJExCLc5Qz64MSm-ZQnqFK_hgeDs8vD5bNY

Killer Kross would defend the ROH World Television Championship against Konosuke Takeshita in an absolute heavyweight classic. Both men would show off their strength and technique, exchanging big sheer drop suplexes and deadly lariats back and forth. Flying forearm and blue thunderbomb by Takeshita gets kicked out at 2.5. Kross manages to suplex Takeshita to the outside over the top rope. Chop contest on the floor. Suplex onto the steps by Takeshita. Misses the flying knee and countered by A saito Suplex on the exposed floor. More close counts in the ring. Takeshita would attempt the flying knee, but Killer Kross would sidestep and lock in the Kross Jacket. Takeshita would refuse to tap and pass out, granting Kross the TKO victory.

Winner: Killer Kross

eJgQ0eJdjH0-a7qUtnpYyTa5DP7yVYsOZloiLdts0ulen099G6ESpjgvKkXZ3vJZIGKzMy__wGFEPl9oNKITzDVo1BOA5icwZgg6mPwTlyr1gQgvXNSatKgpKh9rR0A1L1J7mjjBpNIdCXJdXU3Er3U

Jamie Hayter looks to prove herself as a main event talent taking on the leader of Oedo Tao. The match would prove to be very physical, with both women laying in stiff strikes and neck crunching slams. Bea would use a referee bump to her advantage, and eye poke Hayter and slam her face into the turnbuckle but Hayter powers out of the pin. Bea hits a big super kick and looks to put things away…only for Kris Statlander to appear from the back with a chair, looking for some payback! Statlander simply stares down Bea who berates her and stops paying attention to her opponent. Hayter uses this opportunity to recover and dodges a Big Boot from Bea, grabs the wrist and decapitates Bea with the Hayter-Maker Lariat and pins her for the victory.

Winner: Jamie Hayter

After the match, Black Desire (SLK & Momo) runs out to attack Statlander but she casually escapes into the crowd with a big smile on her face since she accomplished her goal. Bea is confused and looking out of it in the ring as Hayter hypes herself posing for the crowd.

A video package before the match would hype up the angle and both teams, and also replayed DIY winning the title from The Young Bucks at New Beginnings. The feed would then be cut to earlier in the night showing backstage footage of the Young Bucks attacking the Good Brothers for mocking them on ROH Elite. A large brawl would erupt that would include members of BC, Undisputed Elite, DIY and Mount Rushmore as all hell broke loose. ROH and NJPW would convey through commentary that any members of any rival faction are banned from ringside, and if they were to interfere in the IWGP match would be suspended without pay with risk of termination!

cZJvVZMLA02qABbN-FOIJmrAqDO1559cPfIzTv5SsZ-aX3_lx6Sfg1rSD-ZlujKdCSdclnaiqlLyPqeqKNZOOyXF0Vgas5pwmYKE2lSVwZT3DvKvYarOIfEKu50vnw9TKz46L0Yf6QFcH-7YSN28Q7k

The crowd would be treated to some vintage bully tactics from the Good Brothers with Karl Anderson especially looking crisp with a pep in his step (yes, he did leave his feet hitting Johnny Wrestling with a gnarly spinebuster). They would isolate Gargano for a good portion of the match until finally Ciampa gets the hot tag and makes some waves. Good Brothers would be given a phantom tag as the ref was distracted as he was fixing a loose corner pad. Big LG had messed with and hit the Boot of Doom on Gargano for a close 2.5 count. They throw Gargano to the outside and beat up Ciampa, setting up a table on the outside in the process.They attempt a Magic Killer on Ciampa but Gargano revives from the dead and chop blocks Gallows. Gallows grabs a chair, but Gargano does a flying cannonball off the apron squishing him and the chair together. Ciampa hits the Fairy Tale Ending through the table on Anderson off the apron, ending his participation in the contest. One Final Beat on Gallows back in the ring, Gargano-Escape locked in tight, forcing the Big LG to tap out.

Winners: DIY

The champs barely have time to celebrate as The Young Bucks hit the ring and attack DIY this time! They brawl and referees and officials rush out instantly to separate the two teams.

4P8yUoCu98_-pOJwxEk53AVggIwt95D-1_cIuzzYbOQwHYK2_T6LVf4c9mxsMZwz1UPWtH64bKpRrfCdMdZJAuB_nUms5TH38A_QZF7dEnUFJ9BjsA8DIskqZsj6B5j3ENJ-fTEfIRh_OfocXdelkjc

Heyman would first come out to introduce his client, but halfway through his speech, Moose would run out and deliver a devastating and stiff spear to Brock’s manager knocking him out instantly and drawing massive jeers. Those would turn to cheers as Lesnar would immediately run out himself and brawl with Moose. They would brawl into the crowd as the referee would unsuccessfully attempt to bring them back to the ring as the match had not officially started. Lesnar would lariat Moose over the railing back towards the ring. He would attempt a German Suplex on the outside, but Moose would raise his leg for a low blow! Moose then throws lesnar into the ring post and then slides him into the ring and demands the match be started. Spear by Moose! Cover!

Lesnar kicks out. Moose cannot believe it. He tries another spear but this time Brock sidesteps him and hits a german suplex. He takes Moose to suplex city. Cover.

Moose kicks out.

Throat chop by Moose to create some distance. Big boot by Moose. Running Senton in the corner. Brock powers out of a cover again. Moose misses a big boot and both men lariat each other for a dual 10 count. Punch exchange sequence followed by a chop exchange sequence which Brock is the victor of. Belly to Belly by Brock. Kimura attempts but Moose gets to the ropes. Running Lariat is countered by a pop up powerbomb by Moose. Moonsault by Moose but Brock moves. Shoulder block by Brock followed by a Brock Buster Press attempt which connects….but Moose kicks out! Another Kimura attempt is blocked and Moose hits a headbutt and a flying Moose Crossing. Winds up for the spear but Brock sends him into the corner post at the last minute. F5 by Brock!

Winner: Brock Lesnar

A barely conscious Heyman rolls in to raise Lesnar’s arm in the air. Moose licks his wounds and rolls out of the ring, clearly disappointed.

A dual hype package plays with interviews with both Seth and Okada as the main feature. From the Okada side, highlights of the Malakai war would play and show emphasis on Okada's slow but growing penchant for more viciousness and violence. Seth would talk about all his accomplishments throughout his career and his own willingness to get as violent and maniacal as needed to conquer his dreams. Seth doesn’t think Okada has the heart to turn to darkness and discard any care for his opponent. He says he has been in this spot before and he’s going to humiliate NJPW’s golden boy in front of his own countrymen.

Okada responds that doesn’t care about Seth’s health or well being. He’s going to hurt him tonight and knock his head off his shoulder and pin him 1 2 3 like he’s done every other little boy that tried to step up to the MAN. He tells Seth he should kiss his wife goodnight before the match because she won’t recognize him once it’s over!

Z-7GN2CADqfqR2A5mV1giKRdUS4VUnkFR8K991LXOjMPD5kHxpDv-5nzBY5x92hd60GPXvZ36SxbVd3GdPp8WWBhtW_RYeHGOJumSNFSnD5HqfYFhF5Ra5ATWkxCIxy59jRv9RvJzqjNMSHwzNMBoKA

The main event of night one delivered in spades as Okada and Rollins would start the match in a slow calculating way but quickly and consistently ramp up the violence as the contest progresses. Okada would look especially ruthless, following his usual impressive dropkick with front kicks to the face of a grounded Rollins and even going as far as hitting a basement dropkick to the back of Seth’s exposed head while he was recovering on one knee. Seth however would refuse to be bullied and pulls out a lot of his own tricks via an eye poke and a headbutt while the referee would be separating them, busting Okada’s nose the hard way. Seeing blood.

Okada would turn murderous and almost get disqualified after a series of closed fist punches in the corner and refusing to listen to the referee’s instruction. Seth would mouth off but Okada would slap him across the jaw, infuriating Seth. Both men would then exchange forearms and chops to the chest. Seth would attempt a quick school boy roll up that would lead to a pin battle to which neither men could take advantage of.

Okada would hit a spinning tombstone and maintain a wrist lock on the way up looking for the Rainmaker. Dodge by Rollins and counter into the revolution knee! Okada kicks out. Stomp attempt thwarted by Okada. Rainmaker. Foot on the ropes by Rollins! Mounted elbows to the head by Okada busts Rollins open. Referee checks on Rollins but Okada pulls him off. Rainmaker. Money Clip instead of a pin! Blood gushes from Rollins forehead down his face as he simply laughs, choking on his own blood, slowly fading away…And manages to use Okada’s rage against him to roll forward into the ropes! Okada berates the referee who warns him one more outburst and he’s done.DDT by Rollins. Frog splash by Rollins.Kick out by Okada. STOMP BY ROLLINS

OKADA KICKS OUT AT 2.99.

Rollins can’t believe it. Sets him up for the Pedigree. Back body drop reversal. RAIN MAKER. Both men are out. 10 count starts but Okada gets up at 8, Seth at 9. More punches are exchanged. Dropkick slapped away by Rollins. Revolution Knee side stepped by Okada. Wristlock by Okada who headbutts Rollins and opens up his gash further. Maintains the wristlock…another headbutt. A third headbutt! Rollins is on skates. Wrist control is still held by Okada who lets out a primal scream.

RAIN

MAKER

Winner: Kazuchika Okada

A bloody Okada raises the title in the air as the crowd roars. Seth cannot get up on his own accord and Okada doesn’t even acknowledge his existence.

N.B. [big mention to Jeff - who wrote 95% of all of the match summaries, to the point where they didn't need to really be edited at all.]

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Psych-Okada! *clap clap clap clap clap* Psych-Okada! that was a lot of fun to write

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Psycho Okada is something I would never have thought off but is coming off as so good
that means a lot! I wanted to do something different with Okada other than just "yup, he's the best and beats everyone" and draw some influence when he showed different side to himself with red hair Okada but...actually good? (lol). Felt a slow decent into cruel violence due to Malakai being the master of unlocking people's dark desires would be a fun twist. really happy people are enjoying it so far :)

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
From NJPW Twitter:

The New Japan Cup begins next week upon the conclusion Honor Rising! We have decide to post the bracket after it was leaked by the dirtsheets

NJCUP.PNG

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Another Review Roundup...
~~~~~
NJPW World - Episode #4
- Simple, but effective start with the Heyman/Lesnar promo. Would've preferred someone else eating the squash, instead of Cass, but what can you do, right? At least it was against Lesnar, so it's still acceptable. Afterwards another simple, but good segment with Cena and Vincent. I'm also wondering what's next for Cena in New Japan. The Never Openweight Championship stuff was also quite interesting.
- Great promo by Okada that really had that "oomph" feeling to it at the end. Nothing bad to say about the STARS/Clinic bout, or the aftermath. Roderick as the Special Referee in that 6-Man tag gonna be quite interesting to see. Whose side will he be on?
- Big Bullet Club segment and I love the clusterfuckery here. Only two gripes I have is that White flees after being put down with the STO, which might have been just bad wording, but it'd make the move look very bad and the fact that this 12-man tag match is immediately booked for later in the show, because it's the third segment in a row with a "will happen later tonight" booking.
- Nice match between Ali and Vikingo, with an interesting fallout. You always get points from me for Duprée bookings. Rey Fenix vs. Ali at Honor Rising could easily be a surprise MOTN. Good stuff with Bandido afterwards too and the Joe/Punk segment also hit the good spot. I could really see a segment between them going down exactly like that.
- Good Tag Team action here. Looking forward to Sting and Darby vs. the Briscoes, but also hopefully some vengeance from Top Flight against The Pinnacle for the early attack. After that we have the clusterfuck match of the night. The Fale/Owens stuff stays intriguing and I do like the story that was told in those few sentences with Jay getting the victory. I would've liked to see one, two more sentences around this match though, since it kinda looked like the BC are fighting jobbers, with the Blackheart Empire not getting in anything of interest whatsoever.
- I liked the "Roooosh, Naito and Andrade Traveling Adventure" skit, because it felt a bit more fresh between all the in-Arena stuff. Bliss winning after Hayter showing up to balance the odds made sense and I'm happy there was not another after-match attack. The MJF promo also hit the spot. Can't complain about anything here.
- Aaaand Strong decided what side he's on. Not a bad Main Event and clever to lean one way first, just to turn it around. Only thing I'd have liked to see different was the fast count. I get it, it underlines what happened big time, but maybe a normal paced, or even slow count after Cole got decimated by the New Mount Rushmore would've had an even bigger impact.

~~~~~
ROH Elite - Episode #6
- Kinda weird to see Cole talking about "knocking sense" into Roderick, seeing that he clearly chose sides one day prior at NJPW World, but okay. Can't complain about getting a 1-on-1 between them later in the show. A press conference segment in a ROH show feels kinda weird, but also kinda fitting at the same time. Bandido and Gresham both sounded great though.
- Cueto bringing good Lucha shit to ROH is pretty awesome to see. Fits great to the company, in my opinion. Mastodon vs. CHAOS/Muertes could be a banger. The reDRagon/Strong segment afterwards is kinda meh. After Strong declining to answer questions in the opening, I'd preferred if he wouldn't have said anything here either.
- Some pretty entertaining and intriguing stuff around The Foundation here. I guess this alliance of Lethal and The Righteous was just for this show, but I'd actually love to see them building The Righteous Foundation... even if it could get confusing and messy. :lol Bandido seems a bit out of place here at the end though. Not that his involvement isn't logical, but it takes away from the whole Lethal/Gresham fire, in my opinion.
- Good Lucha backstage stuff happening and I always liked Konnan as a Manager, so it's good to see him getting that role. I really liked to see Hangman being portrayed as this guy, who stepped out of all these interactions between factions and that he puts his foot down, not to go back, because with how many people (and stables) are involved in wars with each other over all these different promotions, there needs to be characters, who stay away from that.
- Interesting that Bliss puts Hayter to the side and instead brings Liv in to team up later. That Tiffany Stratton is going to be a character, I'm not gonna give a fuck about, tbh, if that is her whole thing. The Cole/Strong match finished in a quite unexpected way. Didn't thought Cole would immediately get a win over Roderick, after what happened the day before. Another big brawl between factions afterwards, which was alright. Seeing the Elite Kingdom standing together at the end is a good moment.
- Priestley out of nowhere is a good move, even if it's just prolonging Hayter getting to Britt. I hope there's not really an official alliance building between the Clinic and Oedo Tai, that would be a shame. ...and then we have a double take with the World's Cutest Tag Team segment. What happened here? :lol Good thing Brody didn't get the victory here, but it still seems off that Buddy makes Scurll tap out, when Flip Gordon is right there to eat it, especially with the small promo from Brody afterwards.
- Prince Nana is back in ROH! Me like and he as a Manager for the Gates of Agony is awesome to see. The Rollins stuff was again a bit off, I feel. To be fair, I only read last week's shows, but why would Rollins first say no, just to reverse that immediately on condition that Punk faces KENTA. I think spacing these two sides of the story apart would've been beneficial for it not feeling off.
- Good stuff surrounding PAC and Moose then and also some good intriguing stuff going down in the Trios Turmoil Match. LFI vs. VBD gonna be great. ... Now, see, here's the Rollins/KENTA stuff that should've been between the "No" and the turnaround. At least for me, it would've been better that way. Afterwards the Briscoes get the obvious win and we get more Bullet Club/Pinnacle chaos, which was again alright to see.
- Nice to see Top Flight getting a spot on the Honor Rising card and the NWA Tag Titles would look good in their hands. Cass back together with Enzo is not to my liking, tbh. :lol First I thought it was good to see Cass getting some points back, after that kinda squash against Brock the night before, but then Enzo shows up and it's just not great... and then Brock shows up and destroys Cass again without any problems. It's really a shame. At least this segment helped the Moose/Brock story to go on.
- Good promo from Kross and Scarlett, but I still don't care about it. I kinda hope Kross loses the TV title against Takeshita, just so that Title isn't held up in a storyline like that. Nice Main Event with the right finish and seeing The Righteous around make my hopes for them joining forces with Lethal for longer go up. Then we close the show with a RKO OUTTA NOWHERE. Very nice ending point for a go-home show.

~~~~~
AEW Dynamite - Episode #123 [Beach Break]
- Dark was tight. I'm not gonna count it towards overall rating, but it still was a tight pre-show. Definitely love to see English and Gotch back together.
- Quite the good opener and I'm not mad about a double count-out here. I probably would've preferred if it happened after that "reckless Spear", but that's just a minor thing. Next match was interesting. Not sure if it was a good idea to change it into a Street Fight right before it's about to go down. I do like the idea of giving Breeze that kind of match with Mox to let him show, that he also was a tough s.o.b., but at the same time it seems a bit thrown away with not having this being a Street Fight during the build-up. Anyways, good, hard fought match and Breeze got to show he can be survive this sort of match, so overall thumbs up.
- Yea, Bronson just has to win here. Great to see Hawkins not just getting squashed though. Miyahara versus Hobbs sounds amazing on paper and I really like that Hobbs got this kind of chance out of nowhere. Of course, Kento retaining was pretty much clear as day, but still, nice idea. Lince Dorado as TNT Champion is an interesting, not surprising choice. :lol I'm definitely intrigued to see who his first opponent will be.
- Good story finish in the Women's title match and it was a plus to see the Bel Air/Deonna finish from earlier came into play as well. Can't wait for the fallout of this match in the upcoming shows. Nice going with the 6-Men tag and showing cracks forming in the J.A.S. is intriguing. My guess is we gonna see a Takagi/Jericho match soon, during which the J.A.S. may gonna implode. :hmm:
- Honestly... Gable versus Hook is on paper my favorite match idea of this week's shows. (Yes, ALL five shows) A bit of a shame that it was basically a squash, but I get it. It's still a Hook, build-up match. Maybe a more competitive match is still in the cards at some point though. I'd definitely love to see that. The Main Event was worth the spot then. I didn't need Taya here, especially with Rosa doing the same as Davina earlier by jumping the fan barricade, but the fake out by Omega with the metal cup was excellent. Reminded me of that Bret Hart/Goldberg Spear segment back in the day and I love that.

~~~~~
Impact - Episode #914
- Strong opening with Suzuki-gun and the Bullet Club exploding. Very interesting stuff afterwards with the Lucha Rules Match. I always liked the idea of having two Titles on the line in one match, but instead of one fall decides over both, there are two falls. That isn't used that often, but has loads of possible outcomes and ideas, that could be implemented. Ridgeway bringing someone into the match as well to make it an even six is also a nice touch.
- Luchasaurus versus Mack... man I'd love that. Great to see Saurus getting the rub and some singles pushing as well. The segment after that was alright. Nothing too special, but the three women get their stuff in nicely. Surprising to see Miro and Richards going down that route, but makes sense with the ROH Pure thing in the back of your head and Edwards/Miro being about respect. Beer Money and reDRagon works for me too with this segment. I kinda get the feeling there are maybe a bit too many "Hey, you and me, let's fight at XY" - "You got it" moments if you count them over all five shows combined though.
- Next match is alright. The Ronda interference and Mercedes safe are also alright. Simple storytelling with all parties involved looking fine. I would love to see Martinez as Knockout's Champion, tbh. Impact getting quite the big Knockouts infusion and a second singles Title is nice to see. Gonna be a tough job to give them all enough time for building them up though. ...and then Scott Norton! Damn... and Juice even wins seemingly clean against Archer. Not what I've expected at all. ...and Norton's gonna be the sixth man for Bullet Club at Bound By Honor? Double damn. Hope he can still go with his 61 years.
- The Great Portal stuff is just great and I can always go for shocking, out of nowhere Title changes, if they aren't that frequent. And heck, it's Dalton Castle as TNA Global Champion, that is just awesome by itself. Good match after that with the right winner. Deppen is a nice security for Ridgeway as well. Kingdom getting killed by the Bullet Club raid party was alright. These ambush type of segments lose impact fast though.
- Page wins of course. Can't complain about that. Not sure that I like this idea of Roman putting other Wrestlers after Jimmy and Jey as "higher leveled" gatekeepers in front of Hangman though. Good promo by Orton and the match seemed to be a Main Event of PPV level. The aftermath works like a charme as well.

~~~~~
AWA Friday Night Firefight - Episode #006
- Pearce putting his foot down looks good, but having Danielson and Bálor off the show is hurting AWA. Time for other workers to shine. Yea, Viking Raiders defeating the B-Team soundly is sad, but also understandable. Jordynne running the Open Challenge train is a treat and she's perfect for that kind of story. Sarray wasn't squashed either, so overall good job with this.
- That's right, Pillman! Get your well-deserved spot in the Main Event! ...and then we got another double take on a Promo. (Meaning some sentences repeated themselves twice within the segment) Ripley is right though, she's gonna bounce back. Then Fire 'n' Flava wins, which was unavoidable since this was their debut match. I can see them as Women's Tag champions.
- WALTER with a good, believable promo then and we get more from Pillman Jr., which is great to see. Also his promo works really well. Good way to shine the spotlight on a up and coming babyface Upper Carder. Keith Lee obviously has to win the next match then. No complains here.
- Good story in the Tag Match then with MVP getting his hands dirty and Alexander and Crews capitalizing from it. Right after that a nice answer-y promo from Big E and Kingston towards the HURT Business. Felt quite right to put this right after that Match.
- I'm with the commentary team when it comes to the Main Event. Pillman Jr. versus Theory just yells "Future of the Company" match and it's great to see AWA gives both exactly what is needed with enough time and that spot on the show to show exactly that. A bit weird to see Pillman lose, after he getting basically the whole build up during the show, but nothing to deduct points for really.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Oh this is what you were talking about. I LOVE THIS GAME! Will read now

DdOnA3-XUAAAkNL.jpg

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Awesome review as always, Looch!

BTW, Scurll tapped Buddy out.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
glad Dalton Castle was enjoyed.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
- Page wins of course. Can't complain about that. Not sure that I like this idea of Roman putting other Wrestlers after Jimmy and Jey as "higher leveled" gatekeepers in front of Hangman though. Good promo by Orton and the match seemed to be a Main Event of PPV level. The aftermath works like a charme as well.

Roman vs. Page is 100% an angle that was neve sure what to do with. Especially when I would never have drafted Usos or Roman myself.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
As for Cole’s comment I’d say it’s because he views The Era like family. Him and Kyle have fought on numerous occasions and eventually repair their bond. He’s hoping Strong will come back home someday.

Reactions: Death By Looch