JR's contract expires today....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulpower

Reaction score
And he's lashing out at WWE!

Today's Pet Peeve....Villain wrestler wins a match via hook or crook, and then gets his ass handed to him by the guy who the bad guy just defeated. It's akin to a tie in an athletic event and reeks of the 'kissing one's sister' analogy. Same theory is applicable if the hero wins and hangs around to get his ass kicked by the villain who just lost. What was actually accomplished? That one's easy to answer....usually nothing.

See:Orton v Swagger (Extreme Rules)

And this next one is just GOLD!

2nd Pet Peeve of the day....active performers who occupy significant TV time that are in a major decision making capacity inside a wrestling company. I question those individual's objectivity and I feel that it's unsettling to the majority of the performers who are sitting in a locker room wondering when their number is going to be called. This was really prevalent in the territory days where many territory owners were also the area's top star and obviously the decision maker on all things of importance.

Gee, I wonder wHHHo Jim Ross is talking about?

Did you guys see what I did there? With the HHH thing... But I'm sure that Ross is just a cranky smark making shit up about Hunter >_>

Although to be fair, this also applies to people in other companies (Sup, Jarrett and Hogan?)

...god...

Reaction score
He's talking about John Cena, clearly. And his first complaint is Blue and dumb, since that was one of the GOOD things they did with that 'feud'.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I'm glad JR is free now, I hope he finds a job as either the new TNA announcer or something with MMA

Reaction score
I think he was referring to Cena as well, since Cena decided to be guest host that night. It was lame as fuck too.

Good luck to JR. If he heads to TNA he needs to be given control of the company and needs to CLEAN HOUSE with about 60% of the active roster

Reaction score
And his first complaint is Blue and dumb, since that was one of the GOOD things they did with that 'feud'.

You gotta admit the finish gets used often enough to make it a valid pet peeve and I believe that's where JR was coming from. I would have mentioned its overuse if I were him, but he does say "usually" at the end, denoting that sometimes it does work.

Reaction score
Uh, dudes he's still employed by WWE. He's just moved to a backstage talent relations role for the time being and is still considering his options.

...god...

Reaction score
You gotta admit the finish gets used often enough to make it a valid pet peeve and I believe that's where JR was coming from. I would have mentioned its overuse if I were him, but he does say "usually" at the end, denoting that sometimes it does work.
WhatttttttttttttttttT? That type of finish hasn't been used since a man called STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, who that move was entirely reminscent and purposed of. Who was also the biggest face of all time. Triple H did it once to my knowledge at Backlash 06, that's because, like Randy, they're both the 'bad ass' type tweener faces now. So it was a perfect move to sustain his momentum. I'm honestly shocked Swagger went over entirely clean, as should everyone else.