Jon Jones Arrested On DUI Charge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
One of the biggest and most marketable stars in the UFC has been arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Jon Jones, the UFC's reigning light-heavyweight champion, was arrested early this morning after crashing his Bentley in Binghamton, N.Y.

Jones' management team confirmed the arrest today but stated, "The facts of this situation are still being gathered and situated."

The Broome County Sheriff's department reportedly took Jones, 24, into custody earlier today at approximately 5 a.m. ET, according to TMZSports.com. According to the report, he crashed his car into a utility pole, and his mom bailed him out a few hours later.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) could not immediately reach UFC officials for comment, but Jones' management team released a statement.

"I can confirm that Jon Jones was arrested early this morning on suspicion of DUI," stated manager Malki Kawa. "While the facts of this situation are still being gathered and situated, First Round Management fully supports Jon, and we are asking for fans and media to respect the privacy of Jon and his family during this time."

:fp:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
What the fuck man. White must be blowing a gasket right now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Luckily he wasn't hurt from the accident, He's pretty much the UFC's top draw these days and this hurts his image considerably.

Last edited:

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Jones is 24 not surprised he did something like this. IDC how you market yourself your bound to do stupid shit. Really if he did get arrested this news won't spread long, only die hard fans will talk about it. Sportcenter won't touch it to spread the news. Heck the UFC won't report it. Not a big problem so don't over react.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
550738_220436494739945_100003207888078_362708_519020134_n.jpg

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jones is 24 not surprised he did something like this. IDC how you market yourself your bound to do stupid shit. Really if he did get arrested this news won't spread long, only die hard fans will talk about it. Sportcenter won't touch it to spread the news. Heck the UFC won't report it. Not a big problem so don't over react.
What does his age have to do with anything? I also don't see how everyone's just "bound to do stupid shit" either. I'm not trying to be on a high horse here, but it really is a big deal and could have got himself or someone else killed. It was an unbelievably stupid thing to do for someone in his position... or anyone else for that matter. Not cool at all.

Ryan

Reaction score
Wow, he messed up his Bentley. As soon as I heard this I was just thinking that Dana White must be so pissed off. This is just bad judgment on Jones's part.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
What does his age have to do with anything? I also don't see how everyone's just "bound to do stupid shit" either. I'm not trying to be on a high horse here, but it really is a big deal and could have got himself or someone else killed. It was an unbelievably stupid thing to do for someone in his position... or anyone else for that matter. Not cool at all.

You did sound like your on a high horse btw. No one is perfect, just saying he fucked up not surprised.

Sorry but really MMA fighters are doing stupid shit all the time. Liddell had weed problems back in the days. Not to mention with all the fighters pumping testosterone. This news is only big to people who are into MMA, but it is not like people who watch casually are going to remember this. I mean I bet if I ask any of my casual friends into MMA they won't know. I mean look what he did was wrong yeah I understand. Just saying people fuck up no matter what.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This is pretty crazy stuff and this will definitely hurt his image. Jones was known to be a soft spoken cool guy that many people looked up to. Still this isn't that earth shattering since it's his first time. If he gets arrested consecutively (like say a Kurt Angle rate) then things will get really bad. Jones is moving up to be one of the top draws in UFC and his popularity continues to grow. He needs to come back from this and stay out of the negative spotlight.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
This is pretty crazy stuff and this will definitely hurt his image. Jones was known to be a soft spoken cool guy that many people looked up to. Still this isn't that earth shattering since it's his first time. If he gets arrested consecutively (like say a Kurt Angle rate) then things will get really bad. Jones is moving up to be one of the top draws in UFC and his popularity continues to grow. He needs to come back from this and stay out of the negative spotlight.

How he fucked up. Don't all people fuck up in life? His image would be hurt is if he killed someone but all he did was a get a DUI. God why can't MMA fans just say "He fucked up glad he is not injured, he will learn from this". Instead they say he needs to stop being a human and get out of this negative light. Chaell Sonnen said it best in his tweets. "Nothing gained... when there is nothing learned, I am with you buddy".

I mean let us not forget what Chaell Sonnen has done, which imo is way worse than Jones. Money Laundering is stealing money from a state or city, and could hurt them in the long run, which could have hurt families. Yet Jones drinks and drives, and we say oh this is bad, but Chaell does that and we call him a American Gangster... Read between this post and actually think, Jones is fine, he will fight Hendo, and nobodies perfect.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wait I'm sorry driving while being drunk is supposed to be condoned. Give me a break, you are absolutely out of your mind. The guy could have killed someone for crying out loud! He didn't which is a blessing but that doesn't justify what he did. Jones is also considered to be a huge star and a person to look towards so please give me a break. He needs to face consequences and should learn his lesson. He messed up hands down just like everyone in their life that got into a DUI. I don't care who you are, drinking and driving shouldn't be tolerated. It has killed so many people and it could have easily been there. People mess up in life we get that, but the guy did something horrible and should be criticized for it. What kind of champion puts his life in that sort of danger.

Chael Sonnen has nothing to do with this. He did a lot of bad things as well like you mentioned but he has nothing to do with this.

spiderman

Reaction score
I hope people won't judge him because of this. This is just a minor offense and anyone can get caught with DUI. Let's give him a break, he have done a lot of good things to be judge by this one...