• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Deezy

DZ PZ
I was hoping this was a rib.

But i guess since the Joker was accused of inciting incels....best way to fix it is parody.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Talk about a dream couple for me involving Gaga and Phoenix. I know this Film is going to rule if it's a Musical but I'll still go with it's a Musical to them when in reality it hell for others.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
I'm not too into musicals, I will give it a watch though.
Honestly same aside from Pitch Perfect, but I just feel like this could work super well with Joker & Harley and their personalities. For sure a huge departure from the first movie, but I like the idea of them making something totally unique tone wise. They set a very high bar with how flawless it was, so following up with a worthy sequel was always going to be a challenge. That was a lot darker, and I expect this to be a lot more over the top. There were some scenes from the first movie that felt like they were taken out of a musical. Phoenix is such a versatile actor, I feel he'll make it awesome.

Deezy

DZ PZ
If Harley is writing his songs and he keeps going to Jackson...we'll know what this really is a sequel of.

The first song is what.....I Fell Into a Burning Tub of Acid?

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
We hear on good authority that Zazie Beetz is in talks to reprise her role as Sophie Dumond in the Todd Phillips directed Warner Bros/DC sequel Joker: Folie à Deux.

The movie, which is set to start shooting in December, will hit theaters on Oct. 4, 2024. Lady Gaga announced on social media recently that she’s joining the cast to the movie, which is rumored to be a musical, with the Oscar winner buzzed to play the Joker’s g.f. Harley Quinn. Joaquin Phoenix is also returning as Arthur Fleck.

Beetz’s Sophie was the neighbor of Arthur Fleck; a single mom struggling in Gotham City. He had delusions of having a romance with her.

Beetz recently starred in this past weekend’s No. 1 box office film, Bullet Train opposite Brad Pitt, which made over $60M worldwide.

The Atlanta star was recently seen in season 3. She was nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the Primetime Emmys for the Donald Glover FX series in 2018.

She starred in the Netflix western, The Harder They Fall, which she shared a Gotham tribute award on. Her feature credits include Dreamworks Animation’s The Bad Guys, Searchlight’s Lucy in the Sky, the upcoming Jennifer Gerbert directed movie Shelter, Deadpool 2 and Seberg opposite Kristen Stewart. She’s also a voice on the Prime Video animated series Invincible.

The first Joker is the highest grossing R-rated movie ever at the global box office with $1.07 billion and won two Oscars for Best Original Score and Phoenix as Best Actor.

Beetz recently told Deadline she recently finished shooting another Black Mirror episode.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Honestly same aside from Pitch Perfect, but I just feel like this could work super well with Joker & Harley and their personalities. For sure a huge departure from the first movie, but I like the idea of them making something totally unique tone wise. They set a very high bar with how flawless it was, so following up with a worthy sequel was always going to be a challenge. That was a lot darker, and I expect this to be a lot more over the top. There were some scenes from the first movie that felt like they were taken out of a musical. Phoenix is such a versatile actor, I feel he'll make it awesome.
What's funny is West Side Story is one of my favorite movies and it's a musical. So there's that.