John Turturro May Reunite With Michael Bay For Pain And Gain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
23lxml2.jpg

Even with talk of a Transformers 4 flying all over the place, Michael Bay's main commitment right now still seems to be Pain & Gain, a caper comedy based on the true story of a bunch of Miami meatheads who kidnap and torture a guy, only to be hunted down by private investigators when the guy survives and vows revenge. Right now Mark Wahlberg and The Rock are set to play the two main roid ragers, with Ed Harris and Rob Corddry also looking at roles in the film. Now one more actor may join, providing the connection to the Transformers universe that everyone has been waiting for…. right?

According to Latino Review, John Turturro is circling the role of the businessman Marc Shiller, who gets kidnapped and left for dead. Albert Brooks had apparently been after the role but dropped out, and now Turturro may be ready to join Bay again after three Transformers movies, this time in a role presumably bigger and more dignified than the time he had to identify the testicles on a robot. If the story about two idiots who get caught up in a crime sounds like something Turturro himself might have made with the Coen Brothers, you're apparently dead on-- Latino Review describes the script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely as very much in the vein of a Coen Brothers film, so maybe Bay is bringing in Turturro as the grand expert on idiots getting themselves into trouble with crime.

Pain and Gain will be Bay's first real comedy, which carries with it a lot of risks and potential for overblown action that takes away from what's actually funny. But he's at least attracting a lot of good actors, and has at least found something to do other than crash giant robots together-- a relief for those of us who think the guy does have a little bit of talent. Here's hoping Bay takes a good script and talented actors and pulls out something that surprises us-- in a good way.

Always liked Turturro so any movie he is in I will end up watching. And if this is a comedy, I am sure he will be golden.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I read somewhere that this is Bay's pet project which he's been trying to make for years. That could either be a good or a bad thing, but to be honest I think he's a horrible director.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I read somewhere that this is Bay's pet project which he's been trying to make for years. That could either be a good or a bad thing, but to be honest I think he's a horrible director.

I think he is too. He can make good explosions and that is about it.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Well I am in the minority. I don't mind Bay as a director. He isn't the greatest director ever, but there have been a lot worse. And he will continue to get to do movies for a long time considering the money machine his movies have been. Just in profit, his movies are over a billion dollars. Yes, I have done the numbers before. And that was before the last Transformers movie came out.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well I am in the minority. I don't mind Bay as a director. He isn't the greatest director ever, but there have been a lot worse. And he will continue to get to do movies for a long time considering the money machine his movies have been. Just in profit, his movies are over a billion dollars. Yes, I have done the numbers before. And that was before the last Transformers movie came out.

I would never argue his profitability, I just don't enjoy the way he shoots his films. There's way too much going on to make out half of it, like the fight scenes in the first Transformers film. However, if he's restraining himself with this new one then I'll give him a chance. I did really like The Rock, and guess what, there wasn't a lot of explosions in that one. Maybe with him its "less explosions, better movie". :lol:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
That could be it. But I think with all of his explosions he is trying to mimic a real life war where it is hard to follow them. I think with a comedy though he will not be able to use explosions and may have to actually direct. It worked for Bad Boys and Armageddon. Of course I didn't like Armageddon...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Of course I didn't like Armageddon...

But I thought you said "I Don't Wanna' Miss A Thing" was OUR song. :(

Oh I get it, you didn't like the movie but the song is still ours right?

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Of course. The music was obviously the best part of that movie. And Ben Affleck's terrific acting.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Of course. The music was obviously the best part of that movie. And Ben Affleck's terrific acting.

I loved when he said "Harry, I love you" to Bruce Willis. Brought a tear to my eye. Oh wait, that was just the needle that I stuck in it to keep myself awake during the movie.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
:lol:

I was serious about Affleck. He was the bomb in Phantoms yo!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
:lol:

I was serious about Affleck. He was the bomb in Phantoms yo!

I've never loved his acting outside of O'Bannion in Dazed and Confused, but he's one hell of a director. Gone Baby Gone was great and The Town was even better.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I agree with those two movies. I had only seen Gone Baby Gone about 4 months ago or so and I loved it. I am shocked I took so long to watch it. Very nice plot twists and acting all around. The Town was good too, but not as great as it got hyped up to be.