John Morrison???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

John Morrison might just be the single GREATEST gimmick of all time. John resembles Jim, and he's been needing a change since he got to ECW. The crowd actually cared about him during his promo, which by the way was actually... Good.

So far he's been able to pull it off, now wheter or not the gimmick has staying power, that's still to be determined.

Reaction score
I loved the change. It was like the only good move that the WWE made. Although it doesn't make up for what they did with the WHC but thats a different story. I agree with Matthardyv1, with Edge no longer the Champ, I believe that Nitro or should I say Morrisonis indeed the best out of the three Champs. He has a great promising future and I hope he gets to keep the belt for atleast 2-3 more mounts.

RKOrton.

Reaction score
Great gimmick change for Nitro. He's one of my favorite wrestlers. The new look and the promo he cut tonight was great. He does resemble Jim Morrison alot with this new look and I think that it was a great decision to start this gimmick.

Reaction score
Well his new entrance music sucks, except for the intro of the song. This move by WWE was pretty unnecessary. You all seem to be eating it up, though, so that's fine. But, you may be forgetting that whether he's Nitro or some Jim Morrison rip-off, in reality - he's the same person. This still means that whatever he lacks on the mic or in the ring, is still present, regardless if he changed his name.

Those of you saying his promo was actually good, should rephrase that. I'm not saying he's bad at cutting promos, but just think about what you said. You sounded surprised. So, just because he changed his name/gimmick, he magically gained promo talent? Give me a break.

Some of you are also saying his previous gimmick was holding him back from being Main Eventer? That's bullshit. His gimmick is pretty much the same now, as before. He's still an "A-lister". He's still in the "Hollywood" spotlight. I don't see much of a difference. Frankly, I'd much rather see CM Punk with the belt. The only thing Nitro has going for him, is his mediocre mic skills and patented spinarooni leg drop. No charisma whatsoever. :yawn:

Reaction score
^ Pretty much sums up how I feel of this. CM Punk really needs the title, and the new "John Morrison" gimmick really isn't going to change anything.

Reaction score
ok... first of all, i like that he got a new gimmick. i dont like that they took his name and look from some dead rock star dude but whatever... its still better for him. he pulled off an AWESOME promo imo last night. it was really good. i thought he sucked on the mic (see last years NYR) but he did really good on the mic and i have just become a Johnny Ni.... John Morrison fan. hes really good in ring (imo) and on the mic (imo).

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Ick!!!!!....Cm Punk is so F**king boring.All he is, is a Faggy Goth afi wanna be poser b**ch who has some cult following just cause He spent about an hour trying carry Sumo Fat Joe around the dam ring but couldn't pin him,cause before their match started Joe tripped on the bottom rope and landed face first,so it was pretty much an hour of cm punk trying to roll joe over on his back so he could pin him,but he couldn't. As for Nitro's gimmick change,I think its good ,kinda like when EDGE became the Rated-R superstar and got super awesome on the microphone.

xtremebadass

I am diggin' Nitro's new gimmick. I am a Doors fan and he is one hell of a Jim Morrison impression. He needed a gimmick change if he was going to head ECW, he can't be the tag turn single 1/2 of MNM, overall I think this will be great for Morrison.

If I am not mistaking...

Johnny Spade, Johnny Blaze, Johnny Ace, Johnny Nitro, and now John Morrison, it might be a record for name changes.

Reaction score
Ick!!!!!....Cm Punk is so F**king boring.All he is, is a Faggy Goth afi wanna be poser b**ch who has some cult following just cause He spent about an hour trying carry Sumo Fat Joe around the dam ring but couldn't pin him,cause before their match started Joe tripped on the bottom rope and landed face first,so it was pretty much an hour of cm punk trying to roll joe over on his back so he could pin him,but he couldn't.

you are seriously messed up bashing CM Punk like that. hes one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now and you make him sound worse than the local jobbers they put on Heat. seriously dude, watch CM Punks matches a bit more closely. youll see just how good he is. also... that match with "Sump Fat Joe" just happened to be a 5* match.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Just seen the clip on WWE.com. I think this is a good move for ECW, the promo John Morrison threw was quite good, and that look really suits him. Should be intresting what they do with this angle and how they are going to take it further. If they keep this up John Morrison could become main event status quick just like lashley did. Only time will tell.

Reaction score
It completely seperates him from the tag team gimmick, I believe it makes him more main-event material.

Reinvented

Reaction score
I have always seen Nitro as the new HBK. This gimmick change is good dropping The MNM deal just like Shawn did with the Rockers. Nitro will unlike many stars from the new ECW like Lashley and Snitsky that never earned there spots with Nitro we will be proud to see his evolution into the main event guy like proud fathers.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
i like the change, i like the style he had too, and that move just blows me away that he does lol