John Morrison coming back to the WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
John Morrison Comments on Relationship with WWE & Returning to the Company - ProWrestling.com
Former WWE Superstar John Morrison spoke to Ring Rust Radio on his relationship with WWE and if he’d want to return to the company.

“My impression is that the door is open,†Morrison said. “I originally got into wrestling because it was my first love, since I was a little kid it was what I wanted to do. And I still haven’t found anything quite as cool as wrestling… It’s something I’m going to get back to. The other question was is a return immanent, and I don’t know.

“I’m shuffling through a bunch of things and I have a bunch of things that I want to accomplish in the movie biz before I go back to wrestling full time. Once you’re on that full-time schedule, you don’t really have control of your own time. But I am definitely coming back at some point.â€

Morrison also said he’d like to work with Damien Sandow, Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro and Fandango.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Oh my god. A Morrison return for a feud with Fandango? Sign me up.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He left at the wrong time, IMO.

Could of seen him as the next Jeff Hardy. He had a hot 2010 and probably only got demoted because his contract was coming up. Remember those matches with Sheamus and Miz?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I wouldn't mind a return, I never had a problem with the guy and he was over as fuck no doubt about that. Don't see him ever being a big main eventer, but he's a nice guy to have on the roster.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Didn't really have much of a personality, but he did flips n shit. Didn't mind him all that much. Is he still with Melina? If he is, probs not gonna happen. Noone wants that headcase around.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Would love to see Morrison back, would prefer him as a heel though. His heel run was better than his face run.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Would love to see a Morrison return; the guy was a athlete & always put on a hell of a match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As long as he keeps Melina away he will get a job back with WWE any time. Never going to be a main star but is a very handy upper midcarder. Was doing really well as a singles wrestler before he left, had a couple of WWE title shots if I remember right, and Cork is right that he left at the wrong time. With his style he can get a pop out of any crowd as a face and was actually quite good as a heel as well. Promos are pretty bad but does everything else well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Surprised he hasn't gone to TNA by now. Not a bad midcarder, but I don't see what has changed since he has been gone. He had hit a bit of a ceiling then and I don't see it being much different now.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I would love to see him return! He was always one of my favourites during that time. He was entertaining, his promos weren't as awful as a lot of people like to think. He wasn't the greatest by any means. But he was alright. His in ring skills don't need any questioning. His style is very unique right right now compared to how more technical wrestling has gotten. Would be a great addition.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Ugh, no thanks. Was never really a fan of Morrison, and as the years went on he became more focused on looking flashy than anything else. Also, his Starship Press is one of the most annoying moves I've ever seen in the WWE.

The Cappii

Reaction score
Nitro / Morrison was alright. From his time with MNM (which ended with that horrible botch that cost Joey Mercury his career) to his solo run as a blantant Jim Morrison knockoff, he was enjoyable. His move-set was well above average, and his had a good look to him. Personally, I enjoyed watching Milena get into the ring... but other than that, she wasn't really that relevant to me. I know she held the Women's title... but who cares? As far as him coming back, sure. The WWE could use another mid-card face right now, but I agree that it's the best he can hope for. He's no RVD or Christian, after all.

Reactions: 1 person

AF.

Reaction score
Don't see why he was so hated. I always liked him. His matches with Mysterio, Hardy, Sheamus and even Evan Bourne on ECW were classics. Bring him back.

Shadows Over Hell

Reaction score
he's a rare athletic talent - he innovates.

he had some great matches and a LOT of potential - i'd love to see him return.