John Cena wants to change?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
This isn't true in a million years.
Wrestling Observer/PWI would have picked up on it long before now.

lol, just lol.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can be a rumour but I got to defend John. That leave after his speech felt justified and I thought it was the right move but it felt awkward because no one else knew about it. And I don't really know how this can be true if John doesn't really care about his gimmick since he says he lives it.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Asskicker said:
And I don't really know how this can be true if John doesn't really care about his gimmick since he says he lives it.

Every old-school wrestler who's broken kayfabe and talked about gimmick development has said that the best gimmicks are just amplified variations on the personality of the performer, so it's easy for me to believe that Cena lives his gimmick. What it doesn't mean, however, is that the character John Cena encapsulates the entire personality of the man John Cena. I'm sure that Cena is a guy who works hard, gives his all, hustle, loyalty, respect, and is nice to kids. But, being a human being, I can also tell you that there are darker aspects to his personality (as there are to us all). What if he just wants to feature some of those darker aspects? What if he wants to show you a John Cena who has ambition, doesn't always want to be bothered to act friendly to everyone, and is willing to do anything to win? Now, we've got a guy who might still be the man John Cena, but is definitely more of a heel character.

Now, I don't know if any of this is true. The departure did seem to confuse Punk a little (which he covered very well), but I don't know if that was part of the show or real confusion. Punk does seem to have some acting ability and it did seem out of character for Cena to leave the ring at that point, without being acknowledged finally as Punk's NOC opponent. Punk and Lawler carried off the rest of the segment well, but they're professionals doing their jobs and that may have been the plan all along.

I don't think there's much doubt that it will be Cena vs. Punk at NOC for the WWE Championship. I highly doubt that's going to change, even if there is some backstage heat on Cena. But, if he is dissatisfied, HHH and Vince are going to have to listen to him. He makes them way too much money for them to ignore him.

Will they turn him heel? No. Might they tweak his character to play up those darker aspects to his personality? I think that's far more likely. The funny thing will be the IWC's reaction if they do that. Might we be embarking on an era where the lines between heel and face are blurry and it's hard to see which is which, making for a more realistic product? That would be nice.

wk

Reaction score
I this name news from this website
http://thewrestlingcafe.com/index.php/pro-wrestling-articles/115-major-backstage-heat-on-john-cena

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
Pepper Potts said:
Pretending this is true, yeah, It'll be wonderful. Remember Crayo he's bounded with a contract. He can't run around and do what he wants.

Big Show can! :tough:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
NO! said:
Big Show can! :tough:

e157abef1b4bf31fe45dfca381fbaaed.jpg

amjustthat

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm as sceptical as everyone else, it's hard to believe that Cena has heat.
It would be wonderful, however, if it was true - I doubt Cena will get any punishment, only good things could come out of this.

I have to say, it did seem awkward when Cena left the ring.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
I will not belive this inless it comes on Sescoops which is has not yet! So I don't think it ture! But it was I was and Cena ever turn heel I wil SHIT MY PANTS!

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Teen Gohan Randy Savage said:
I will not belive this inless it comes on Sescoops which is has not yet! So I don't think it ture! But it was I was and Cena ever turn heel I wil s*** MY PANTS!

:eww:

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
I think this maybe true because Cena's character does need a major change. He's been the same boring "I can do it! Haters Gonna Hate" character for over five years. The fans clearly want something new or for him to be ghetto again.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I've met John a few times and though he may have disingenuine (sp) I don't believe in my heart he wants to be a bad person. I'd say WacoKid27 saying John has another side to him is possible. The one thing I might add is his need for attention and drive to succeed is bigger than WWE allows him to show.

I can imagine the people who say John couldn't be a bad guy cuts him deeper than actually playing one. (If that makes any sense)

Reactions: Snowman1

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
He does succeed....in holding back new talent just for he can become a 12 time world champion :facepalm1: He is the superstar who has held the WWE Championship the most. He needs to start putting guys over, hate him or love him he's to big already. He needs to get off of TV for about a couple of months, maybe with a new gimmick or not, I just think he needs to put guys over. I understand that he loves this business but so do other wrestlers.