John Cena wants to change?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
I have no sources to back this up so THIS COULD BE JUST A RUMOUR however, I read on another wrestling forum (was searching different forums and came across this) and found that someone posted this article - from another source which wasn't stated - and it seem John Cena want's to change his character. I will post the article which was posted on the other forum below for you.

There is currently some major backstage heat on John Cena.

According to an insider WWE source, there is some major backstage heat on John Cena after what took place at Monday Night Raw yesterday.

For those of you that watched the ending segment of Raw yesterday, you should've noticed John Cena's abrupt departure from the ring after his brief speech on the microphone directed towards CM Punk. That's not what was supposed to happen.

John Cena was supposed to remain in the ring until CM Punk had finished his rebuttal. That's why CM Punk appeared puzzled after Cena suddenly left. The entire segment after that became awkward as Punk had to decide on the spot to return his attention towards Jerry Lawler. That confrontation between him and Lawler was supposed to take place about 5 minutes later than it actually did.

There is word going around backstage that Cena has been very upset lately with his current situation in WWE. The former WWE Champion believes that he puts in a very heavy work load, but doesn't get enough back. It is being said that he wishes to drastically change his character, ring attire and persona in order to adapt to how the audience is reacting to him.

Furthermore, Triple H was said to be furious at Cena once he got backstage, and an arguement broke out between the two. Things have not cooled down just yet. In his defence, John Cena has not had a character change, or even tweak in almost 7 years.

It is unkown if the company will decide to punish him or not. Not going off script to make yourself appear better is considered an unwritten rule for everyone backstage. The source also revealed that Vince McMahon and John Cena will get together to pan things out.

If John Cena truly is upset with his current situation in WWE, it's hard to blame him as it's well documented how much work he really puts in for the company. Fans have been asking for change, and now Cena himself wants it too.

Thoughts?

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
what a load of big show

would be funny if it were true lol.. cena just randomly walking off in the middle of a promo..

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Wtf are you doing on another Wrestling Forum?

I am NOT part of it, I found it on SMF community showcase because I was looking at existing forums to see whether the SMF designs were good and came across this. I am not part of it, I just instantly saw that article and thought it was worth sharing.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Whilst a change does sound very good, this story is fake. It's very very hard to believe. CM Punk has broke Kayfabe before, and there were sources everywhere by the next day.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
Bumblebee said:
Whilst a change does sound very good, this story is fake. It's very very hard to believe. CM Punk has broke Kayfabe before, and there were sources everywhere by the next day.

true, I didn't exactly believe it at first but thought it would be worth sharing.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't buy this. But since we're on a forum, I'm going to portray my opinion in a scenario where that's true. I agree with Cena. He's been the company's cash cow for quite some time now, and this shows he cares about the business and the fans. If he was a selfish unconsiderate folk he'd be all right doing whatever he's told to earn millions of dollars while pleasing kids, but this shows he cares. It's already known that he dislikes his current character and would like to turn heel or have a different persona but Vince won't let that happen because he needs a face for the company, and who's a better face for a PG show than the hero John Cena? No one. Does Vince have any other full time star as big as Cena? No. Is the company on John Cena's back at this point and time? Yes. With Punk and probably Sheamus we see WWE attempting to get some new big faces to ease Cena's workload but they're not at his level just yet. I'm quite sure Cena would love going heel, becoming an IWC darling and trashing those crowds, getting those boos. But WWE can't do that because they need a face, they need a top face. When another one is created we may see a different John Cena.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
If only HHH would could bury Cena, too bad he's got to pretend to have a broken arm :notsure:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I really wouldn't ever see this being true, but the fact Cena did walk off and Punk DID look puzzled makes me believe it somewhat. Though, Cena has said many times out of kayfabe that he is happy doing what he is doing, though there's been reports in the past he wants to change, so who knows. If it's true, he'll get what he wants. Vince won't ever let Cena go, and if you piss Cena off he can simply not resign his contract and give Vince the heart attack we're all waiting for (cold joke). Cena is pretty much above them both in this situation, he has the leverage. Good if it is true, I'd love to see a new Cena, he's one of the most talented full package wrestlers in the world.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I swear Hannah, Pepper Potts is the worst name I have ever seen on a forum, and my is pretty stupid right now. :adr:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
This isn't true in a million years.
Wrestling Observer/PWI would have picked up on it long before now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If it is true, it won't matter because at this point they have to keep overpushing the guy to get the ratings they want anyway. Cena's immune to de-pushes due to backstage heat and there's no way they're changing his character at this point until the kids get tired of it.