• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John Cena vs. Bret Hart: Who is better?

Hitman

Reaction score
Once again this is no competition. It's obvious that the better wrestler is Bret "Hitman" Hart. I would give you reason but it's late and I'm tired so goodnight.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Ok let me wrap this up :)

Most fans like Bret Hart.
Most fans hate John Cena.

Bret Hart Wins.

lol ok jokes. I think they were problely about the same. I think Bret Hart was a bit better but no way as annoying.
But keeping in mind that back then it was ok too be a shit wrestler. In the 80s no one minded.
But this is 2007. NOT THE 80s and early 90s!
Fans want too see good wrestlers.
Thats why John Cena gets harsh feedback outlike Bret Hart.

And he wasnt pushed in our face so badly and fast.

Its not fair to compare a wrestling from the 80s too one from the 0s.

One thing his Bret Hart was a mastermind and selling kicks and punches.
While john Cena does his slow moe superman punches Bret Hart was the master of making kicks and punches look real.

and in the 80s while most wrestlers were doing slams and piledrivers Bret Hart did way more better moves.
He used the roll up pin,drop kick,arm wretch, piledrivers,DDTs and bulldogs.

He was less gimmicky and more realistic.

But good thread idea.

Ripper

Reaction score
It is true that WWE went into the gutter when compared with the Rockin' Wrestling Era when Bret became a top guy.

But to be fair, when Bret beat Ric Flair, Bret went from a really good mid carder to WWE champion overnight.

The guys who were dominant in the main event scene previously in that year were Hogan, Sid, Warrior, Savage, Flair, Piper, and Undertaker.

Bret did beat Piper at Wrestlemania earlier that year, and he did beat Ric Flair, but that was at a house show, and it really looked like Bret came out of no where to win the title. Bret didn't get to wrestle against guys who were seen as credible main eventers, and none of his opponents, save for Yokozuna, got to wrestle any of the big names from before. The whole main event scene looked like it was being run by guys who were only there not because they dethroned the older guys, but because the older guys just weren't around much, if at all, anymore.

Bret's ppv opponents in his first title reign were Shawn Michaels (the ic champ at the time), Razor Ramon (just arrived, wasn't a main eventer) and the new Yokozuna. They were all unproven commodities.

Beer Money Army

HBK/Bret hart survivor Series 92 is a really good Match. Hart vs Ramon is probabaly one of Scott Hall great Matches he had in his wwe career.....

the Best Bret Hart always showed the best in other Opponent he could adapt to there in ring skills really good. I think thats what John Cena lacks...

Bret hart vs Hakushi in 1995 IYH was an really great match too... but the HArt/Ramon match in Rumble 1993 was a real shown on razor Ramon how he prove to WWWE to see if he can go well.. i think 5-7 Months later he got The I-C Championship and then become an huge Face that was underrated in the 93-96 era of WWE....