John Cena talks WrestleMania performance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
cena.webp

John Cena talked about his match at WrestleMania 39 and what he can still do at this point in his career.

In a interview with Busted Open Radio, Cena talked about his match against Austin Theory back in April, saying the match he had at WrestleMania 39 was the match he felt confident that he could deliver at this stage of his career.

“I wish I was still there every day,” Cena said regarding WWE. “My body can’t do it anymore. I don’t want to give the consumer a bad product...what I have is what you saw at WrestleMania 39. That’s what I feel confident that I can deliver and that’s really nice for here and there. That's not every day in WWE or sports entertainement. Sports entertainement has raised the bar and I'm humble enough to say that's awesome. You're supposed to leave it better than you found it. ”

Cena lost to Theory at WrestleMania 39. Prior to that match, he wrestled his only match of 2022 on December 30 of last year, teaming with Kevin Ownes to defeat Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn on SmackDown.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Damn man, sounds like might be done. He sounds pretty disappointed by his performance and quite frankly, he should be.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Jesus Christ I’m sick of his complaining. The man is 46. He’s the same age as literally half the roster and younger than Edge who can still put on 5 star matches. All the other older guys work amazing matches as well. If he’s not working good matches it’s cause he doesn’t want to. And if that’s the case then leave. Idk what else to say. I love John Cena but yeah his match at Mania was pretty disappointing. Just a basic match that could’ve been on any Raw or Smackdown. Certainly not worthy of Wrestlemania.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He needs to do one more program then officially call it quits, this year was a massive let down. Showing up once leaving Theory to build the program on his own, that stupid fucking line about piping in boos because he aint over or whatever it was, then the disappointing match.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Theory gained nothing from beating Cena and that’s insane to think about. Do one last program with a past rival like Rollins or Styles, someone who can carry him then I think that’s it.

Reactions: Alexa and Dale

Dionysus

The Doctor of Style
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I feel like the years of injuries and coming back early, and just being one of the more active wrestlers in the last 20 years is finally coming back to haunt him. Sure he is relatively young, but considering just the toll the years have taken on him, it makes sense that his body would be just more and more unable to handle it now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jesus Christ I’m sick of his complaining. The man is 46. He’s the same age as literally half the roster and younger than Edge who can still put on 5 star matches. All the other older guys work amazing matches as well. If he’s not working good matches it’s cause he doesn’t want to. And if that’s the case then leave. Idk what else to say. I love John Cena but yeah his match at Mania was pretty disappointing. Just a basic match that could’ve been on any Raw or Smackdown. Certainly not worthy of Wrestlemania.
Shut the fuck up.....The man has been dealing bulging disks in back since 06 and broke his neck.

Shut the fuck up.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Shut the fuck up.....The man has been dealing bulging disks in back since 06 and broke his neck.

Shut the fuck up.
Ok sorry. I didn’t mean any harm :worried

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ok sorry. I didn’t mean any harm :worried
Saying someone is complaining because they feel like they can't perform at the rate they want is why rasslin fans are looked at as nothing unappreciative neckbeard losers.

You saying he can still work like everyone else is nothing but dismissive "dance monkey dance" bullshit and you need to go get your head checked.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Saying someone is complaining because they feel like they can't perform at the rate they want is why rasslin fans are looked at as nothing unappreciative neckbeard losers.

You saying he can still work like everyone else is nothing but dismissive "dance monkey dance" bullshit and you need to go get your head checked.
So let him retire then

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Cena isn’t wrestling weekly like some other guys his age so his body isn’t used to it anymore. It’s understandable for him to feel the way that he does.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The way I see it if John thinks he can’t give 100% anymore then he needs to retire. What’s the point in even coming back at all if you can’t give the people your best? Like yeah the Austin Theory feud was crap. He came back for one night to cut a promo and left Theory to just cut solo promos the rest of the feud and then worked a shitty 10 minute match that was on an overall fabulous Wrestlemania card. Beating Cena should’ve launched Theory into the stratosphere but it never felt special because of the lack of promo battles and the fact that the match was boring.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
counter point: WWE booked Cena fully knowing his schedule. Why is it fall solely on Cena to "do the right thing" ?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
counter point: WWE booked Cena fully knowing his schedule. Why is it fall solely on Cena to "do the right thing" ?
Well they probably thought it’s better to have him for two dates than not at all and I get that thinking but idk it doesn’t sit right with me. I really didn’t care about the feud when Theory was just cutting promos to the tv with no rebuttal