John Cena talks WrestleMania performance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh that feud was trash and a waste of everyone's time, I just don't think it's Cena's fault in this case (outside of the match performance and the promo he did cut, both were bad). They should be booking him like a legend and not a part timer. But also hey, father time catches up when it wants to catch up so it's also quite likely this feud made him realize those things about his current condition. It's kind of a hard to expect someone to have that foresight before it actually happens before your very eyes yknow.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also while the match was boring as fuck and the feud sucked, idk if I'd call for a retirement yet outright. there's been way, way worse matches by part timers in the past and those specific people still took paydays afterwards.

edit: just maybe don't use him as a launching pad for young superstars and maybe just use him in big nostalgia feuds around big events if and when he's free.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Realistically…

One more year. One more match.

Lose to Bron

Do the hand raise that Hogan did for Rock; that Rock did for you; that you tried to do for Roman; and say goodbye.

He’s earned his goodbye

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Why Bron of all people out of curiosity?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
people gonna roll their eyes but his last match , for me, should be Orton

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Sabretooth

Reaction score
oh that feud was trash and a waste of everyone's time, I just don't think it's Cena's fault in this case (outside of the match performance and the promo he did cut, both were bad). They should be booking him like a legend and not a part timer. But also hey, father time catches up when it wants to catch up so it's also quite likely this feud made him realize those things about his current condition. It's kind of a hard to expect someone to have that foresight before it actually happens before your very eyes yknow.
I mean at Summerslam 2021 he worked a 23 minute match with Roman Reigns and also worked live events for like two months. I’m not really sure why and year and a half later he all of a sudden is so broken down that he can’t work. If I’m being 100% honest and I know this is an unpopular opinion I think he CAN still work and just prefers being in Hollywood but doesn’t want to say that so he’s the using the “I’m too old” as an excuse.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Why Bron of all people out of curiosity?
Making a new star

You want to close a chapter and end a story it’s Edge cause that’s his best rival

Or I can make excuses for Randy

But to establish the next guy, Bron should be the one

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If I’m being 100% honest and I know this is an unpopular opinion I think he CAN still work and just prefers being in Hollywood but doesn’t want to say that so he’s the using the “I’m too old” as an excuse.
I was gonna say the same exact thing. No doubt his body is catching up to him but he just doesn't wanna say that he doesn't have time for the WWE as much anymore because of all the shit he said in the past about Rock etc.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Making a new star

You want to close a chapter and end a story it’s Edge cause that’s his best rival

Or I can make excuses for Randy

But to establish the next guy, Bron should be the one
fair fair. I genuinely just think the torch passing thing with Cena is gone already since he lost so much already. Unless maybe you wanna have like a big heroic feud against Cody and maybe pass the torch there? I dunno. I don't hate the premise to put over a young guy obviously, just think Cena aint that guy anymore. It got big boos because he won but no one cheered Roman for beating Taker clean and passing the torch either, for example.

Edge would be a sick feud no doubt.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And yeah why would you get paid so little (relatively) taking bumps when you can go film movies for a shitload more

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
counter point: WWE booked Cena fully knowing his schedule. Why is it fall solely on Cena to "do the right thing" ?
This is where I sit. Did the feud suck, YES. Should it be blamed on Cena, for the most part probably no. I imagine WWE was fully aware of Cena's schedule as he's always had a good report and I assume he would be upfront with them. If there was any decent build up for the match I don't think we'd care that that match was subpar at best. He was John Cena and Austin Theory, it wasn't Michaels/Hart.

In saying that, do I think Cena maybe should maybe hang it up. Maybe, he's been worked hard with hardly having any time off when he was a full time wrestler. Is he that much older than most of the roster, not at all. Most of the roster is in their late 30's/early 40's. At the end of the day, the ball is in Cena's court. I'd understand if he just felt his body is done, it happens. Would I like to see him doing his one offs, eh, not that much really. Unless his schedule allows him to do more than what he was able to do with WM.