John Cena retirement tour megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't wanna say lame because it's obviously not but I really hope they don't just go the safe route with this and just do rehashes of matches from yesteryear. I wanna see him one or two TakeOver cards and NXT weekly shows aswell.
Yeah. I want a mix of both. I wanna see him give us some of those matches from classic feuds again (Orton and Punk is a must) but then I also wanna see him work with some new people. Bron, Gunther, Cody(tho maybe this happened before but before he was the Cody he is now)

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
John Cena v Bron Breakker would be a awesome match. The Past v The Future of WWE for the I.C title . Not saying Cena wins but only title he never won.

There's no way he could become x17 time WWE champ now hunter in charge but if the old man was would be guaranteed haha.

Wouldn't mind it but he can't see me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Speaking to ComicBook during the Jackpot! junket, John Cena emphasized that December 2025 will mark the end of his in-ring career as a professional wrestler.

"There isn't a check writer with enough money to change my mind when I hang it up in December," Cena said. "I don't want to continue for ego or financial gain. I built a relationship of trust and authenticity over the years with the WWE, and that's people who think I suck and people who believe in me, they know that I shoot them straight and I'm trustworthy. I mean what I say: when I'm done in December, I am done. It is the last time I will perform in a ring."
"I'll be a member of the WWE family as an ambassador and a grateful one," Cena continued. "But you will see me wear this (points to suit), not the wristbands, the jorts, the ball cap. That, in December 2025, that goes away, and that's the reason why we're putting so much equity and emphasis on this farewell tour."
It truly is the last time for generations for grandparents and parents and kids to get together in the same time. Grandparents could be like, 'I didn't know about wrestling and my son dragged me here.' That son now has a son and daughter of their own, and they like John Cena, and now their kid likes Cody Rhodes. I want to try to do something special where we can all get together one last time and, and go through 25 years worth of memories."

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Sounds like he plans on sticking to his guns too. I respect it

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Drew McIntyre Is Going To Push To Have A Match With John Cena: ‘I’m Going To Get That Match’​

On him wanting a match with John Cena during Cena’s retirement tour:

“Cena is coming back for his year long return which is going to be awesome. I don’t know if I’m figured in the plans, but I guarantee I’ll be pushing and I’ll be nudging them left and right to make it happen because the amount of stories I’ve got about Punk and things that happened when I was younger, I’ve got 10 fold on him. There’s never been a one on one match. If I have to drive management crazy, I’ll drive them crazy, drive John crazy. I’m going to get that match and I’ll tear them apart on the microphone, which not many people can do in the ring, and send him packing in a happy retirement and hopefully Punk along with him.”

If you use any portion of the quotes from this article please credit The Ringer Wrestling Show with a h/t to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
John Cena may be retiring from pro wrestling after his year-long farewell tour in 2025, but he’ll be part of the WWE Universe, contractually speaking, well after the fact.

“The Greatest of All-Time” appeared on the latest episode of the widely-popular “Club Shay Shay” podcast for an in-depth interview, during which he confirmed that he has already signed a contract extension with WWE to remain part of the WWE family well after he retires from in-ring competition next year.

“I have such a trustworthy relationship with them,” Cena said. “Over two decades. I am a champion of the brand. I love the company. It is my home.”

Cena continued, “They are my family. Even after 2025, I’ve already signed an extension to remain a member of the WWE family for the near, mid, and long-term future. I don’t think there will be a beat of my heart where WWE blood doesn’t come out of it.”​

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

I’m gonna have to get one of these

Reactions: Dale and Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Kevin Owens likes the idea of a ten-year anniversary showdown against John Cena in 2025.

During an interview this week with The Daily Mail, “The Prize Fighter” spoke about “The Last Time Is Now” farewell tour for Cena in 2025, and how May 31 marks ten years to the day that they had their initial showdown inside of a WWE ring.

“Funnily enough – I’m going to put it out there now,” Owens began. “I’ve noticed that May 31, 2025 – which would be the 10th anniversary of our first match together at Elimination Chamber – is a Saturday night, which lends itself incredibly well to WWE events, and maybe even a PLE. Who knows?”

Owens continued, “Of course I want to be one of John Cena’s opponents in his last year, but if it could happen that night, that would be pretty incredible, 10 years to the day after the first one. But obviously, I’d be happy to face him at any point.”

As noted, Cena is returning to WWE for a year-long retirement tour in 2025, which is expected to include approximately 36 dates for “The Greatest of All-Time.”​
Sounds like KO got another contract negotiating tactic up his sleeve :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Batista comments on Cena's retirement tour

“I get along with John. I respect John a lot, a lot more than people think I do for some reason. I think the internet and I think fans have built this rivalry between us, which there really isn’t, but this is how we’re different. I would never do this [retirement tour]. I wouldn’t, I couldn’t. It would feel disingenuous to me to go around and I just couldn’t.”

“He wants to go around and he wants to personally thank all the fans, but there’s just something in me where I just couldn’t do it. It would feel uncomfortable to me, accolades feel uncomfortable to me. I could never be the type of babyface who was saying good stuff because I wanted to get the crowd to cheer for me. I couldn’t be that guy.”

“So I love and respect what he’s doing with his whole tour to say thank you to the fans, but we’re just different that way. I couldn’t do it. I went out the way I wanted. I retired the way I wanted. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it. I announced my retirement on Instagram and I knew I was going to do it. I just didn’t want to tell anybody I was going to do it because I didn’t want anybody to say, no, no, you got to come in, you got to give a speech, you know, the fans. I don’t know, just something about it would have felt false to me. I couldn’t do it.”

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Have they had beef in past, or are people just assuming there was friction there because they were both top guys at the same time?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can't remember anything specific but everyone hated Batista for a good few years, everyone was leaking to Meltzer that he was lazy and didn't wanna be a wrestler even tho he was busting his ass. He fought Booker T that one time bc Booker got all jealous lol

Reactions: Dale