John Cena is almost ready to return.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd like Shane to stop when he comes out and he be like "now listen I know I've been training I know I've been getting ready for this but let's face it I haven't competed in years... So I found someone to represent me..."

Out comes Cena and we get a massive pop

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd like Shane to stop when he comes out and he be like "now listen I know I've been training I know I've been getting ready for this but let's face it I haven't competed in years... So I found someone to represent me..."

Out comes Cena and we get a massive pop
This would be the best way for cena to come out and do it. Otherwise, it's too late.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Cena is actually not expected back until mid July according to Meltzer/the observer. And the talk is that Summerslam is being built around his return to the ring

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Cena is actually not expected back until mid July according to Meltzer/the observer. And the talk is that Summerslam is being built around his return to the ring
This is a good idea. Turn him heel and have him right reigns. It'll be gold.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
This would be the best way for cena to come out and do it. Otherwise, it's too late.
That's the worst plan ever. That's counter-productive to everything the WWE has been building. The segments, the promos, the vignettes, the Taker paydays, Shane-o's return? All that is going to waste so we can see Cena fight Undertaker in a no-build impromptu match?

Roman Reigns getting booed is just the cool thing to do. It's the new version of Daniel Bryan's support, which was more of a trend than actual fandom. When people see a small group of passionate fans, do something - they do it because they think it's cool that they're going against the system. Roman Reigns has talent, and the 5 moves of doom is done by any wrestler who has a big pay day. He can't speak but is that really a reason to poo on entire wrestling event? Reigns will get booed no matter what unless he turns heel and gradually becomes face, which gives him about 6 months before the smarks start booing him again.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That's the worst plan ever. That's counter-productive to everything the WWE has been building. The segments, the promos, the vignettes, the Taker paydays, Shane-o's return? All that is going to waste so we can see Cena fight Undertaker in a no-build impromptu match?

Roman Reigns getting booed is just the cool thing to do. It's the new version of Daniel Bryan's support, which was more of a trend than actual fandom. When people see a small group of passionate fans, do something - they do it because they think it's cool that they're going against the system. Roman Reigns has talent, and the 5 moves of doom is done by any wrestler who has a big pay day. He can't speak but is that really a reason to poo on entire wrestling event? Reigns will get booed no matter what unless he turns heel and gradually becomes face, which gives him about 6 months before the smarks start booing him again.
If cena is returning for mania, that's the best way to go about doing it. Otherwise, yes just leave it to Shane and taker fighting.

And i disagree. It's not just the cool thing to do. It's the thing to do because everyone knows he shouldn't be the next big face, yet he's shoved down throats. I agree turning heel is his best bet.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
And i disagree. It's not just the cool thing to do. It's the thing to do because everyone knows he shouldn't be the next big face, yet he's shoved down throats. I agree turning heel is his best bet.
Roman Reigns is being shoved down are throats, to a degree, but not to the degree that smarks like to portray. The man has lost almost every major match of the past year.

WrestleMania 31, Payback, Money in the Bank, Survivor Series, TLC, Royal Rumble. If Daniel Bryan had lost this much, people would be all over how he is going to get buried.

Also, i'm curious to know from a person who doesn't like Reigns - who do you think should be the next big babyface?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Agreed. Fans will boo reigns no matter who he fights I think. But cena should be heel, nonetheless.
Agree to disagree. Cena does not need to go heel. He just needs to move down the card (which he has). All of 2015 was him in the mid card, which did both him and his relationship with the fans good.

Cena should not be turned heel until a new top guy is firmly established. Cena is too valuable as a face and as an ambassador for the company to just turn heel without the next top guy ready to go.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Agree to disagree. Cena does not need to go heel. He just needs to move down the card (which he has). All of 2015 was him in the mid card, which did both him and his relationship with the fans good.

Cena should not be turned heel until a new top guy is firmly established. Cena is too valuable as a face and as an ambassador for the company to just turn heel without the next top guy ready to go.
But how will WWE get a new guy to the top when the smarks are refusing to let the WWE play out their plans.

I think that's really a lost idea among hardcore wrestling fans. They want a lot, at once. The Attitude Era has really served this generation wrestling bookers a shitplatter to deal with. Instead of watching and waiting for a storyline to play out, and to see where it leads to next - people want it all or nothing at all. I seriously believe that Reigns push to the top will result in a Heel Cena vs. Face Reigns feud for a future WrestleMania. But you can't expect something like that to happen when fans refuse to watch any of it.

I'm not saying that WWE is booking Reigns right, or even that I watch till the end and wait it out - but I wonder how the product will change/feel for me, if I did.

Stopspot

Reaction score
But how will WWE get a new guy to the top when the smarks are refusing to let the WWE play out their plans.

I think that's really a lost idea among hardcore wrestling fans. They want a lot, at once. The Attitude Era has really served this generation wrestling bookers a shitplatter to deal with. Instead of watching and waiting for a storyline to play out, and to see where it leads to next - people want it all or nothing at all. I seriously believe that Reigns push to the top will result in a Heel Cena vs. Face Reigns feud for a future WrestleMania. But you can't expect something like that to happen when fans refuse to watch any of it.

I'm not saying that WWE is booking Reigns right, or even that I watch till the end and wait it out - but I wonder how the product will change/feel for me, if I did.
Reigns would not be the top guy however WWE booked him. He does not have it.

WWE just needs to let it happen organically. Austin was not intended to be the top guy, look at him. Shawn was not intended to be the top guy (he was intended to be A top guy but Diesel was the heir apparent), Bret was not intended to be the man, that was Luger.

The fans elect the top guy. The crowd elected Cena for Pete's sake. It's all about waiting for WWE to realize who the crowd has picked. And they already have. Just listen to the reactions to Ambrose.

Cena still has an important role to fill as the top guy representing the company, a role which he can still fill in the midcard (this is usually a traditional role in wrestling, Jumbo in All Japan, Inoki in New Japan, Flair for periods in the NWA), the established top dog stepping away to allow the younger crop to duke it out for the top spot.

Vince has a body fetish, that much is established. But history shows that patience in the crowd pays off.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It's about fucking time.. I didn't realize how much i would miss Cena until he wasn't around anymore... Cena and Rollins need to return, the show is almost unwatchable without them.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Reigns' entire push was done to get Cena over?
Not what I said. But I said that if WWE had Cena turn heel on Reigns, it would not get the desired reaction that WWE wants (Cena getting booed, Reigns cheered). This feud would be both competitors getting major mixed reactions