Joey Ryan comments on WWE training, reveals one of his email replies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Is cool.

Ace's view on women is a completely other thing.
To be fair, not many women run or book wrestling shows, and the ones that do (DIXIE) are fucking awful at it.

Steph ran creative during WWE's worst time frame didn't she? She was responsible for all of the soap writers, overscripting, ect? That was on her creative watch, no?

Reactions: Wacokid27

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To be fair, not many women run or book wrestling shows, and the ones that do (DIXIE) are fucking awful at it.

Steph ran creative during WWE's worst time frame didn't she? She was responsible for all of the soap writers, overscripting, ect? That was on her creative watch, no?
Indeed it was.

History does not speak well for women behind the book.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Gail Kim, Lita, Trish, Mickie James, Victoria... just to name a few...
List pretty much stops after that, no? There are a few decent ones, but they don't draw and ultimately I don't really want to see them wrestling.

Reaction score
List pretty much stops after that, no? There are a few decent ones, but they don't draw and ultimately I don't really want to see them wrestling.

Well that is your opinion, and for me that opinion is a slap in the face for female wrestling fans such as myself... yes they draw if given opportunity, gail kim had a ladder match in TNA and it was epic, Lita and trish main-evented Raw, and it was epic... when is the last time they have given main event spot for a female wrestler or a diva in the main event spot and it didn't draw? everytime they we're given a chance they nailed it... (AJ LEE)

AJ LEE's pipe bomb promo on the Total divas was a better promo than all of randy orton + sheamus promo combined.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed the Gail vs Taryn series of matches, but let's be honest, they didn't draw. Trish/Lita main event drew well? First I'm hearing of it then.

I know Sable drew in the 90s, but only because fans thought she was hot. Trish, same thing probably. If female wrestling drew it would be given the opportunity to make money. No promotion is holding women back for the fun of it while they leave dollars on the table. Wrestling is a niche to begin with, women's wrestling is a very tiny niche market.

I'll tell you what though, you @Snowman and @GrammarNazi82 can all get together and have a skype chat about shimmer or something.

Reactions: Snowman1
Reaction score
you don't sound like a ziggler fan... by the way Lita and Trish main event did draw... as far as Gail and Taryn it was the match of the night... discriminating women in any way or form not only about wrestling, is the gayest move a man can do... see ya around.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
you don't sound like a ziggler fan... by the way Lita and Trish main event did draw... as fas as Gail and Taryn it was the match of the night... discriminating women in any way or form not only about wrestling, is the gayest move a man can do... see ya around.
lmao, see ya.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Well that is your opinion, and for me that opinion is a slap in the face for female wrestling fans such as myself... yes they draw if given opportunity, gail kim had a ladder match in TNA and it was epic, Lita and trish main-evented Raw, and it was epic... when is the last time they have given main event spot for a female wrestler or a diva in the main event spot and it didn't draw? everytime they we're given a chance they nailed it... (AJ LEE)

It's a vicious cycle though- most of the time they only hire hotties, regardless of a lack of talent. So when it comes down to matches the majority of people don't give a shit. Then they look at the figures for those matches and see how poor they are compared to other matches- based on that they figure it's pointless to actually put some effort into the division. Well that's my take on it anyways.

It's so frustrating, I love women's wrestling and wish they'd do something more. I'm going to be disappointed for a long time, I'm betting.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed the Gail vs Taryn series of matches, but let's be honest, they didn't draw. Trish/Lita main event drew well? First I'm hearing of it then.

I know Sable drew in the 90s, but only because fans thought she was hot. Trish, same thing probably. If female wrestling drew it would be given the opportunity to make money. No promotion is holding women back for the fun of it while they leave dollars on the table. Wrestling is a niche to begin with, women's wrestling is a very tiny niche market.

I'll tell you what though, you @Snowman and @GrammarNazi82 can all get together and have a skype chat about shimmer or something.
If Taryn hadn't been knocked up it would have more than likely increased, but i agree with everything else you are saying.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If Taryn hadn't been knocked up it would have more than likely increased, but i agree with everything else you are saying.
Hulk Hogan didn't draw ratings for TNA, I don't think Taryn was going to even if we on WWEF enjoy her work.