Joey Ryan comments on WWE training, reveals one of his email replies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Hulk Hogan didn't draw ratings for TNA, I don't think Taryn was going to even if we on WWEF enjoy her work.
I wasnt comparing her to hogan, i was just saying her vs Gail continued would have been good for the KO division, but IDGAF about it, how Madison Rayne beat gail kim with Lai'd Tapa is beyond me. Oh well.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
oh well is right. I love how this championship material chick wants to act like I'm somehow demeaning women by stating the obvious, that most fans don't care to see women wrestling.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The fail was evident when Trish Stratus was used as a "Main Event" material. She barked like a dog in the ring, that's what I most remember her for.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The fail was evident when Trish Stratus was used as a "Main Event" material. She barked like a dog in the ring, that's what I most remember her for.
:fap: loved that segment :gusta:

Vince flexing that male dominance :troll:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Probably the least comfortable laugh i've ever had while watching WWE.
It was great heat for Vince. Well booked segments. If I am uncomfortable with something, I won't laugh. Maybe you shouldn't be such a pussy :pity1:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
af966dababbe5672354ad4abce8f8521.jpg

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed the Gail vs Taryn series of matches, but let's be honest, they didn't draw. Trish/Lita main event drew well? First I'm hearing of it then.

I know Sable drew in the 90s, but only because fans thought she was hot. Trish, same thing probably. If female wrestling drew it would be given the opportunity to make money. No promotion is holding women back for the fun of it while they leave dollars on the table. Wrestling is a niche to begin with, women's wrestling is a very tiny niche market.

I'll tell you what though, you @Snowman and @GrammarNazi82 can all get together and have a skype chat about shimmer or something.

Lol'ed, but somewhat disagree. There's a fanbase (even if it isn't a large one) and lord knows there's plenty of AJ Lee marks out there (she's gotta be one of the five most over people on this show right now). You don't have to make the Divas/Knockouts the main event or anything like that, that's silly, but there's no real point to not giving them actual feuds/characters/storylines since you're already paying them and it's one more part of your roster that can get over and draw some kind of interest.

And lol, GN hates watching anything involving hot chicks with me around.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Right, my point is you don't pay them to wrestle. I've said it before but I just don't think you are going to make money from them wrestling. You can still pay them to be valets or on screen characters, but I can count on one hand (finger) the number of women's matches I've ever been excited for. The Taryn/Gail ladder match, after the awesome last KO standing match. That's it for me. And really the only thing great about it was the novelty.. if women were given matches like that all the time it wouldn't feel special. I look at women's wrestling like I look at women's basketball. I really just don't care to see it.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
It's a vicious cycle though- most of the time they only hire hotties, regardless of a lack of talent. So when it comes down to matches the majority of people don't give a shit. Then they look at the figures for those matches and see how poor they are compared to other matches- based on that they figure it's pointless to actually put some effort into the division. Well that's my take on it anyways.

It's so frustrating, I love women's wrestling and wish they'd do something more. I'm going to be disappointed for a long time, I'm betting.

Welcome to the club. I enjoy watching good wrestling, whether it's male wrestlers or female wrestlers. And I am a huge fan of the wrestling abilities of Lita, Trish, Mickie, Gail, AJ, and Natalya. No, I'm not just a fan of their wrestling abilities, but I can't help the fact that I find each of them attractive (although often for different things).

Unfortunately, it's not likely that WWE, TNA, or ROH are going to start having Divas/Knockouts/Whatevs as main parts of their storylines anytime soon.

wk