Joey Janela not returning to AEW after contract expires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
The fact that if I read everything right, Joey injured Eddie Kingston and didn't get his ass is impressive. Also, on the subject of Ambrose, once a Deathmatch Wrestler always a Deathmatch Wrestler...you don't quit being one until you are too injured to do so, honestly.

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Stunt has been working indies too, at least GCW. His contract might already be expired, if not it's another May one bc I assume a lot are up them bc of the first double or nothing show happening that month.
As of time of writing Marko Stunt is still listed on the AEW roster page. (as are Brian Cage and Joey Janella)

AEW are usually very fast to remove people, Lio Rush and Cody/Brandi were removed the days their releases were confrimed so yeah, for now it seems Marko is still under contract with AEW...

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I can’t say I’m broken up by this.

AEW is seemingly quietly dropping all the names that made meh about AEW when it first started in 2019.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
While I dislike agreeing with Jim Cornette, he called this 2-3 years ago.

When you start signing real stars like Danielson, Cole and Punk, these dudes that were on Dynamite at the beginning are gonna fall through the cracks.

Stunt, Janela, Sonny Kiss, even an Orange Cassidy is only going to be on the payroll for so long

Reactions: Deezy

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
While I dislike agreeing with Jim Cornette, he called this 2-3 years ago.

When you start signing real stars like Danielson, Cole and Punk, these dudes that were on Dynamite at the beginning are gonna fall through the cracks.

Stunt, Janela, Sonny Kiss, even an Orange Cassidy is only going to be on the payroll for so long

OC moves merch. He's got his own action figure. He's gonna be around for a long time. The others I agree with. Maybe Kiss will be kept around for diversity reasons...