Job Interview tips?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
So I have a job interview tomorrow, and technically, it's my first. I've had 2 jobs before, but it was mostly just like under the counter stuff. I don't really know what to do. And how to dress. I know the whole dress nice thing, but is there a limit? Like I shouldn't walk in with a full suit should I? Haha, and it's only at Carls Jr. but hey, a job is a job. So I was thinking like semi former. Nice jeans, button up dress shirt, and nice shoes. Maybe tucked in. Wow, I sound like an idiot, but anyways, do you have any tips for me?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Wear a nice casual buttoned up shirt. Black pants and yeah jut look good n be confident when answering questions

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Business casual. Everyone already mentioned it. Slacks, nice shoes, shave, style hair, button up shirt.

1. Research the company you are getting into. If questions arise about the company you will be knowledgeable and will impress.

2. Know yourself. If you know yourself you will be confident in yourself. If you are confident you will always do well. It is ok to be nervous.

3. Eye contact and a firm handshake.

4. Have your paperwork ready. Application (assuming you did not turn one in) and your resume (if applicable).

Good luck! Luck is for losers and you are going to need it...

On a side note I worked for Carl's Jr. before.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Update guys, had the interview about an hour ago, and I got the job. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Congrats man!

Dademo

Reaction score
Congrats on the job.

I see Carls Jr. being talked about like on TV Shows and Films that take place in the west coast but I've never been to one/seen a restaurant of them before. I guess none are in the East Coast/NY.

Is the foot better than McDonalds or Burger King?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Congrats on the job.

I see Carls Jr. being talked about like on TV Shows and Films that take place in the west coast but I've never been to one/seen a restaurant of them before. I guess none are in the East Coast/NY.

Is the foot better than McDonalds or Burger King?

Well, it's Hardees on the East Coast. Same thing. I've been to both.

I think it's better then Burger King, but not as good as McDonalds honestly.

The food is actually pretty good. My only complaint is that it's one of the more expensive fast food places I know. But it's quality. I've always gotten really hot food there, which is something you normal don't get from fast food places.

Dademo

Reaction score
Never been to Hardees either. Weird. I see commercials for many fastfood restaurants but there's only Wendy's, BK, and Mcdonalds here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Congratulations on the job Tapout!

My first job was at a fast food restaurant as well at Hungry Jacks, it is what Burger King is known as in Australia. I think that it is a good place to start as the work isn't too high pressured and it helps you learn the basics of what is required of you in the workforce and how to work in a team. It was a pretty fun place to work as well. Hope it goes well.