Jimmy Jacobs gone from AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I believe it was a TK + RJ + Toni herself. But I had heard Tony had this planned out for Mariah n Toni before she even signed officially. I want to say the idea originally may have been Tony Khan n then tge details executed by RJ n co

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I believe it was a TK + RJ + Toni herself. But I had heard Tony had this planned out for Mariah n Toni before she even signed officially. I want to say the idea originally may have been Tony Khan n then tge details executed by RJ n co

He said that Danielson told him he needed to sign Mariah and then he had the All About Eve idea and approached Toni about Mariah being her Eve (it's actually possible if Toni wasn't on board he would have tried with someone else and oh God). Then Toni was on board so he brought in RJ bc he also loves classic Hollywood

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He said that Danielson told him he needed to sign Mariah and then he had the All About Eve idea and approached Toni about Mariah being her Eve (it's actually possible if Toni wasn't on board he would have tried with someone else and oh God). Then Toni was on board so he brought in RJ bc he also loves classic Hollywood
Danielson adding HEAD SCOUT to his goated resume

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
honestly at this point if Danielson does not re-sign or come back in management capacity I will be more devastated then when Cody left

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm sure it'll magically get better now since he won't be holding back Jericho's great creativity anymore

(I think I've just convinced myself Jericho is trying to take the heat off himself with these stories now)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The Learning Tree angle isn't listed there and that was rumoured to be Jimmy Jacobs' baby
indeed but I think it is telling it's not shown. I have a feeling the telephone game resulted in people blaming the entirety of Jericho's shitty ideas on him because he produced that one awesome segment that one time.

He probably pitched some stuff realistically but I have my doubts about quite a lot of it.

I will even provide my own evidence - Bill said it was Danielson's idea for him to join the group.

Which already puts cold water on the whole it's all Jimmy booking this. To me it's clear there's a large group pitching things and ultimately TK decides yay or nay

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm sure it'll magically get better now since he won't be holding back Jericho's great creativity anymore

(I think I've just convinced myself Jericho is trying to take the heat off himself with these stories now)
I didn't consider the self leak by Y2J, that would be devilishly brilliant

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
for what it's worth I have also kind of just accepted for the most part it's going to be a forever angle in the midcard and I just pray it's short or better yet on collision.

but then he went and had the co main event and that was just...wtf tony lol

match was fine and a good pallet cleanser but still. could have had a mercedes match on this card ffs

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Personally I think everyone just wants to find a scapegoat when things aren't good instead of putting the blame on Tony lol it's kind of the opposite of when something good happened in WWE and it was always magically something Vince had to be forced to approve.

They did it with Cody first and outside of booking himself to never challenge for the world title, I don't think any of the CodyVerse was very much his creative, Tony said he took full control after the first year because he didn't like how some things played out that he let others handle creatively so that means good and bad it ends with him regardless of who may have originally pitched it, their vision may have only inspired the version we see on screen which was from Tony's interpretation

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Personally I think everyone just wants to find a scapegoat when things aren't good instead of putting the blame on Tony lol it's kind of the opposite of when something good happened in WWE and it was always magically something Vince had to be forced to approve.

They did it with Cody first and outside of booking himself to never challenge for the world title, I don't think any of the CodyVerse was very much his creative, Tony said he took full control after the first year because he didn't like how some things played out that he let others handle creatively so that means good and bad it ends with him regardless of who may have originally pitched it, their vision may have only inspired the version we see on screen which was from Tony's interpretation
yeah at the end of the day tony approved the non challenging thing and all the weird codyverse stuff

I do think he wanted to turn Cody heel at the end though, I don't think he was that obtuse and I do think fans were right it was coming. and then he left.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah at the end of the day tony approved the non challenging thing and all the weird codyverse stuff

I do think he wanted to turn Cody heel at the end though, I don't think he was that obtuse and I do think fans were right it was coming. and then he left.

Yeah I think that's a lot of the reason Cody left in general. Not that Tony was pushing hard for it necessarily but bc he knew he couldn't ignore it anymore and he REALLY didn't want to be a heel, he wasn't doing a bit when saying that but everyone thought it was :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah it's unfortunate.

Also the internet is just weird in general because ppl will go to great lengths to prove tony is a bad businessman that is a money mark and gets taken advantage of yet now we have people blaming others for his booking blunders. I think in reality he is a great businessman who's own ideas sometimes are kind of wack and his own lack of focus is what makes things chaotic at times lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris