JIM DUGGAN SAYS ROMAN REIGNS IS BEING FORCED DOWN FANS THROATS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
He's being pushed as a badass, yes. But the fans see through WWE's micromanaging. People know he's just another project, and with the WWE's micromanaging machine behind him, people can see right through the facade. He needs personality not a push. He needs to connect with the crowd, not through an angle, but through his character.

Angles don't give wrestlers character. Their personality and overall demeanor do. Steve Austin wasn't made a bad-ass, he talked and acted his way there. WWE didn't have to stick that gimmick to him; he made it himself. The WWE didn't have to make The Rock a cocky suave; he was one and exemplified it. He crafted it himself. WWE didn't have to make Shawn Michaels the trouble making degenerate, he already was one. John Cena didn't have to be made into the rapping wigger that made him a star. He was always into rap and hip hop culture.
Okay, so how do you think John Cena "worked" well? He WAS pushed when the climax was there. He stopped doing the rap stuff md-way through his career when he won a WWE Championship reign. Reigns was not really being pushed when Regins returned to WWE with that broken nose where he was bleeding like a mother fucker. I have not seen blood on WWE TV in ...10 years. No, not that much!
All the greats in the industry become mega stars by their personality and not by how much micromanaging or what angle gets what reception. Roman Reigns feels artificial, and the constant badgering of the WWE to the fans to accept him, won't help. Let him do what he wants for a few weeks and allow the fans to see the personality behind Reigns.
Okay, I see what you mean. Although, WWE is a media company before a wrestling company, than anything else. Just remember that. So, if Vince wants to push Roman Reigns that far, then, let him. Eventually it will work. Trust me. It worked for The Rock, where he was a heel 90% of the time, whereas, Austin was the face. As soon as Austin left wrestling, The Rock inherited his (Austin) popularity. Sorry, but true. They were rivals, but in the end, Austin transferred his popularity to The Rock. Because of injuries, there's no real reason to contest this. It's the goddamn truth. Austin went heel for a reason. There are limitations to him. He knows or knew this.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
. I have not seen blood on WWE TV in ...10 years. No, not that much!
bloodybrock.jpg

Okay, so how do you think John Cena "worked" well? He WAS pushed when the climax was there. He stopped doing the rap stuff md-way through his career when he won a WWE Championship reign.
Yeah he got over with the rap stuff. He was stripped from it in 2007. The WWE figured he didn't need an actual gimmick to keep him over, and decided to nix it. I never cared for his wrestling ability. He is athletic and can wrestle just fine. He isn't anything special.

Although, WWE is a media company before a wrestling company, than anything else
That is WWE's wet dream. They want their fans and the mainstream media to think that they are a media company. The only problem is that their main stream if income comes from wrestling. Their movies and books are based on wrestlers. They employ wrestlers. Their name is World Wrestling Entertainment. They're a wrestling company.

Trust me. It worked for The Rock, where he was a heel 90% of the time, whereas, Austin was the face.
That is completely different. The Rock was hella over. Roman Reigns isn't half as over. The Rock was booed to death much like Reigns was when he was being presented at the white meat babyface in '96 and '97. They realized that giving him a suave and cool gimmick would be better than pushing the "He's 3rd gen" marketing point. Yeah The Rock got a lot more over after Austin left, but that was because he was the same as Austin. It would be the same if Pepsi went out of business; their customers would go buy Coca-cola. That has nothing to do with how the WWE pushed him. He was genuinely over.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
People have been saying this for a while lol. Get with the times, old man. You're not saying anything news breaking.

Reactions: The GOAT

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
No. I disagree. On everything. He's not really being forced. Did you even see last monday? Roman Reigns returned, and he's KICKING Triple H's candy fucking ass like no tomorrow. Me, personally, I gained not just respect to Reigns, but also I see him as the "badass." And I think that's what WWE/Vince McHanon wanted in the first place.

Reigns right now is having a GREAT run, and Triple H is helping along Reigns run. I don't know if anyone realizes this, but I think the reason why HHH inserted himself in there is to push Reigns.

Last monday was gorgeous. It made me want to watch Wrestlemania even if I have to pay $9.99 all over again. I want to see more! I want to see moreeeeeeee!

Everyone went crazy when that happened!
I'll give you an A for effort and for being optimistic, but anyone can get cheered in a scenario where they're brutalizing triple h and in a huge brawl. It's the hype and feel for getting closer to mania. That's natural.

Let's see how Roman gets cheered at mania. Lol. Triple h will blow him out of the water. It will be a joke.

After one raw you're convinced that Roman is over with the fans...? I'm sorry but I'm not sure if he ever will be at this point. Not at the level they want him to be... Unless he's heel.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Like @Snowman said the guy is main eventing Wrestlemania and we are all talking about the anticipated reaction he is going to get. So whether WWE is getting the results they want or not, they are getting results. The "smart" marks just don't realize what the air quotes around smart mean. By all means, pay thousands of dollars in airfare, hotel and Mania tickets to boo Reigns and let WWE know how much you hate their product. That will show them!

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT JIM DUGGAN SAYS!
giphy.gif

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So Duggan said what pretty much everyone else has been saying for over a year? Breaking news, clearly.

Reigns isn't the guy. They can book him as a bad-ass like this past Monday all they want, but that will never change the fact that he doesn't have that deeper intangible connection to the audience that will make them gravitate towards him as the next face. Anyone with the slightest bit of insight and intelligence should know this by now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Like @Snowman said the guy is main eventing Wrestlemania and we are all talking about the anticipated reaction he is going to get. So whether WWE is getting the results they want or not, they are getting results. The "smart" marks just don't realize what the air quotes around smart mean. By all means, pay thousands of dollars in airfare, hotel and Mania tickets to boo Reigns and let WWE know how much you hate their product. That will show them!

"Reigns doesn't get the right crowd reaction! He keeps getting booed as a top face, we need to turn him heel and book him like THIS so we can cheer him as a top heel!"

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
"Reigns doesn't get the right crowd reaction! He keeps getting booed as a top face, we need to turn him heel and book him like THIS so we can cheer him as a top heel!"
People are dumb.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
So Duggan said what pretty much everyone else has been saying for over a year? Breaking news, clearly.

Reigns isn't the guy. They can book him as a bad-ass like this past Monday all they want, but that will never change the fact that he doesn't have that deeper intangible connection to the audience that will make them gravitate towards him as the next face. Anyone with the slightest bit of insight and intelligence should know this by now.

That's what I was thinking...

How long did it take you to come to that conclusion, Jim, because we're already there.

Just call someone a ho and you'll look better for a few months.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
I'll probably be waiting forever for it but I'm holding onto the small hope that when Reigns wins the title and as Ambrose comes out to celebrate with him he lays him out. Next night on Raw he shits on the crowd for cheering Ambrose on while he worked his ass off to get what he deserves back. Seth comes out and says he hasn't earned anything because he never lost and Ambrose come out to talk shit to both Reigns and Rollins...

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Except this is actually a fairly logical stance.