JIM DUGGAN SAYS ROMAN REIGNS IS BEING FORCED DOWN FANS THROATS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I'll probably be waiting forever for it but I'm holding onto the small hope that when Reigns wins the title and as Ambrose comes out to celebrate with him he lays him out. Next night on Raw he shits on the crowd for cheering Ambrose on while he worked his ass off to get what he deserves back. Seth comes out and says he hasn't earned anything because he never lost and Ambrose come out to talk shit to both Reigns and Rollins...

Roman is turning heel, there is no way to avoid it at this point. People keep saying they wont do it till Seth is back, but there is no better time than the present. He is going to turn the way we thought John Cena was going to a few years ago when he kept getting tormented by Kane. Roman is just going to snap and turn on the company and the fans. It has to be done. He needs a solid heel run before he can become the face anyways. People need a reason to hate Roman Reigns the character, not Leati Joseph Anoaʻi the person.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
To answer @Dolph'sZiggler I would say that WWE fans, in general, aren't very bright.
They're a bunch of sloped foreheaded dimwits that fail to reason when they judge. They chant 'Yes' at a moppet with an oversized beard, but boo a man assaulting someone to near incapacitation.

They draw in emotion, ignore logic and wonder why the business is in the state that it is. If people, in general, were more open to simple logic, WWE wouldn't be so proactive in avoiding politically incorrect behavior that's essentially harmless.

It's reasonable to stun Steph just like it was reasonable to choose Reigns over Bryan. People can't see these things because most fans seem to have the brain capacity of a walnut.
The wrestling business isn't real life and I'm miffed that people can't seem to get passed that.

The more fans get offended, jump guard rails and Twitter battle pro wrestlers the more I'm convinced they're the problem and not Roman Reigns.

• Haha
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
bloodybrock.jpg
Well, there's that, but still a long time. That was my point. We don't see it often. :(
Yeah he got over with the rap stuff. He was stripped from it in 2007. The WWE figured he didn't need an actual gimmick to keep him over, and decided to nix it. I never cared for his wrestling ability. He is athletic and can wrestle just fine. He isn't anything special.
That was a good decision. :) I sort-of liked the rap skits/shoots, however you like to call them. It could be annoying, but at the same time, Cena knew how to use the words against other superstars.
That is WWE's wet dream. They want their fans and the mainstream media to think that they are a media company. The only problem is that their main stream if income comes from wrestling. Their movies and books are based on wrestlers. They employ wrestlers. Their name is World Wrestling Entertainment. They're a wrestling company.
They are. They film wrestling matches, skits/shoots, storylines. Being a Media company means you can control how your viewership views superstars. The company is very integrated in how everything is thrown together. They advertise their shows, they promote their shows, they develop stars into icons when they see fit, and so on and on. Yes, they're a wrestling company, but it's a media company before anything. How do you think they're the longest running TV show in the world? Hm? The longest running syndicated show in history? It's not by accident. They are very good at promoting shows, promoting stars, and promoting events' card.

Fine, you want to disagree with me, go ahead... but they are a media company before anything. If WWE wants you pushed, then you better be damn ready for either mid card or main event. That's all there is to it. Without those cameras, without all those graphics, those edits, and how they place superstars into skits, storylines, shoots, and the like, without all that... They're just a wrestling company. TNA doesn't do half of the shit that WWE does, that's why it's staying small the way it is.
That is completely different. The Rock was hella over. Roman Reigns isn't half as over. The Rock was booed to death much like Reigns was when he was being presented at the white meat babyface in '96 and '97. They realized that giving him a suave and cool gimmick would be better than pushing the "He's 3rd gen" marketing point. Yeah The Rock got a lot more over after Austin left, but that was because he was the same as Austin. It would be the same if Pepsi went out of business; their customers would go buy Coca-cola. That has nothing to do with how the WWE pushed him. He was genuinely over.
Every monday was a battle for who's more popular between the two - but The Rock has always been the heel, until the SCSA injuries.

Rocky Mavia debut - heel.
The Rock in Nation of Domination - heel.
The Rock in "Corporation" - heel.
The Rock at some times solo, singles matches - a switch between heel and face.

I don't contest that The Rock was popular in the crowd, but he was the heel in the whole thing until Austin left his boots. He was popular, but not nearly as popular as Austin. Well, there was not that big a gap, but it's noticeable that you could tell which one is popular for that episode. Sometimes Austin gets pops, sometimes he doesn't, sometimes The Rock gets the pops, sometimes he doesn't, but as soon as Austin got his injuries, and Austin "left" WWE, The Rock did his shoot at Austin, he inherited his popularity that day.
After one raw you're convinced that Roman is over with the fans...? I'm sorry but I'm not sure if he ever will be at this point. Not at the level they want him to be... Unless he's heel.
Um. No... This is the second time he's done this. After that post, he did another one - pummeling Triple H in the parking lot. I mean, did you see the way Roman stood when they opened the gate!? That is fucking badass!

Keep hating, people! Keep the heat comin'.
I'll give you an A for effort and for being optimistic, but anyone can get cheered in a scenario where they're brutalizing triple h and in a huge brawl. It's the hype and feel for getting closer to mania. That's natural.
Then you agree with me! :D
Let's see how Roman gets cheered at mania. Lol. Triple h will blow him out of the water. It will be a joke.
Triple H has been heel before, and he still is under "The Authority." Right now, HHH is heel.

Last edited:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Honestly everytime Hacksaw shows up on my tv i feel it's being shoved down my throat like a SGT Slaughter. HOOOOO!!! is a shit gimmick and he has shit on Reigns. I'm not huge on Reigns as I want him heel for Rollins babyface run (oh and fuck you ambrose, you uppermidcard and we all love it)

So fuck his opinion, it's like when i'll fall asleep after drinking to some awesome REAL interviews, and I don't mean most of Cornette Raven Dreamer or a ton of the other guys, but it's honestly Kliq and nWo/dx. Those are the guys I want to hear opinions from, they don't shy away from their own shame, and it's interesting, The rest of the shit is 4/10, which I'm not sure works in the true sense of irony.

He might have been great in the 80s, but I remember a reunion with him Slaughter and so much garbage over the 3 man band and whatever other garbage happened near christmas? I'm glad I stuck it out, remember when that was a SMackdown show for real?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
To answer @Dolph'sZiggler I would say that WWE fans, in general, aren't very bright.
They're a bunch of sloped foreheaded dimwits that fail to reason when they judge. They chant 'Yes' at a moppet with an oversized beard, but boo a man assaulting someone to near incapacitation.

They draw in emotion, ignore logic and wonder why the business is in the state that it is. If people, in general, were more open to simple logic, WWE wouldn't be so proactive in avoiding politically incorrect behavior that's essentially harmless.

It's reasonable to stun Steph just like it was reasonable to choose Reigns over Bryan. People can't see these things because most fans seem to have the brain capacity of a walnut.
The wrestling business isn't real life and I'm miffed that people can't seem to get passed that.

The more fans get offended, jump guard rails and Twitter battle pro wrestlers the more I'm convinced they're the problem and not Roman Reigns.
Just tell me the Brooke thing is a joke.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
People have been saying this for a while lol. Get with the times, old man. You're not saying anything news breaking.
lmfao you beat dead horses daily here bro.
bloodybrock.jpg

Yeah he got over with the rap stuff. He was stripped from it in 2007. The WWE figured he didn't need an actual gimmick to keep him over, and decided to nix it. I never cared for his wrestling ability. He is athletic and can wrestle just fine. He isn't anything special.

Cena isn't special? Are you out of your fucking mind. You cannot deny the passion, integrity, or charisma the guy brings to the table day in and day out?

Reaction score
Reigns is not that bad but WWE is using him wrong. And what Duggan said right here is nothing but reality. He is not that special to force down to throat. Real legends, fan favourites get to that level without getting down to throat. Also I really think that WWE should use him like his -not really cousin- The Rock. Turn him heel because most of the people don't love him. Turn him heel, give Ambrose, who most of the people like, and let them go for WWE Title until Seth comes back and WWE's cummy dream Shield War turns into a reality. Only thing is that Roman winning at Mania is not a good choice for Mania, because of reactions, and after Mania Raw.