Jericho's opponent for Night of Champions is...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- Chris Jericho is scheduled to defend the WWE Intercontinental Title at Night of Champions. They may have his opponent be a "mystery" until match time.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

The best thing to do is to make it Michaels, who is injured and wearing an eyepatch (eyepatch?), and Jericho promises not to go afte the eye. As the match progresses, Jericho realizes he can't beat Michaels, and goes after the eye (goes after the eye? Where have I heard this before?). The ref stops the match, declaring Jericho the winner by match stoppage. Monday comes around, Jericho flaunts the fact that he defeated Shawn Michaels, put him out for good, and he stole his prize student. Cade comes down, shakes Jericho's hand...and Shawn's music hits. Shawn comes out and challenges Jericho and Cade to a tag team match. Jericho declares Shawn has no friendsleft, but Shawn says he has one... his STAR pupil. "The Final Countdown" begins, and say hello to Bryan Danielson, on loan from ROH.

The idea is that ROH gave WWE permission to use Danielson as long as ROH gets mentioned on-air as a contracted talent to ROH. Michaels/Danielson vs. Jericho/Cade is set for the rest of the summer, leading up to a blow-off at Summerslam. WWE gets the hottest angle of the summer, ROH gets world-wide recognition from the biggest promotion in the world, and Danielson is primed to enter the WWE when his contract comes up if he so desires.

Hey dreams can come true you know!!!

The Rated R CMStar

Osama, are you high?

Nah, probably one of the new Raw members(Rey Rey, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston) will be on the match, then during the match HBK comes out and costs Y2J the belt and the match. That way WWE can focus more on the HBK vs Y2J feud without worrying for the IC belt. Also that way WWE can play the a storyline with Y2J telling Lance Cade to get the belt back

Soulpower

Or maybe his opponent will be... Lance Cade!! Jericho drops the belt in a nothing match, Jericho can concentrate on HBK, and Cade finds himself as the new Intercontinental Champion.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Osama, are you high?

No I only had 3 beers today... hopefully I get some weed before the day is over.

Sadly, Jericho's opponent will probably end up being Lance Cade. Jericho will come out, cut another promo on Michaels, then HBK's music will hit...only for Cade to come out dressed up as HBK. Comedy squash ensues, possibly ending with the Fingerpoke of DOOM~!! BROTHA

MikeRaw

*erection*

Seriously, that would be sick. Just thinking of that is amazing, I mean, that would make it one of the best feuds ever... I coudl see this happening, as he worked for wwe once this year, and if wwe mentions ROH, I could see it being allowed.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I got it...

It's going to be Savio Vega! If there's anything the 90's taught us, it's that when there's a mystery opponant, it's ALWAYS Savio Vega.

chessarmy

I hope HBK is Jericho's opponent. HBK/Jericho always put on awesome matches and I'd love to see these two guys wrestle once again for the Intercontinental Title. I'm sure it will be a match of the year candidate

Romo Is God

Reaction score
It will be either Kennedy or Hardy with HBK costing Y2J the match. Unlike RAW SD! actually has something called a mid-card, they could benefit loads more having the IC title.

Hardy takes it and SD gets the IC title.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Hopefully it's HBK, just so we get to see more of his hilarious selling of any shot to his eye.

-codebreaker-
-OOOHHH OH GOD OH GOD OH JESUS OH GOD CHRIST OH GOD OH GOD-

Lmao.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
*erection*

Seriously, that would be sick. Just thinking of that is amazing, I mean, that would make it one of the best feuds ever... I coudl see this happening, as he worked for wwe once this year, and if wwe mentions ROH, I could see it being allowed.

I see you point (not really, but I'll just go along with it). Anyway, Bryan Danielson's paleness would overload the WWE's HD feed and ruin the entire PPV so we can't have that happen.

Romo Is God

Reaction score
I see you point (not really, but I'll just go along with it). Anyway, Bryan Danielson's paleness would overload the WWE's HD feed and ruin the entire PPV so we can't have that happen.

And John Cena doesn't do that already?

(Cheap shot at Cena, nothing to do with being a Danielson mark, I'd shoot myself before becoming a mark for a guy who looks like a human penis)

Nation

Im pretty sure Smackdown will need a midcard title with all the talent they have now. Since apparently the U.S. title will be switching brands because both Matt Hardy and Chavo Guerrero are on the ECW Brand. Plus isn't ECW being taped with RAW now? If so with the lack of superstars on ECW, maybe there will be a talent exchange between RAW and ECW so they can share the U.S. title. Perhaps it will be Jeff Hardy or someone coming back(DLo Brown)? Who will then take the title to Smackdown.

Reaction score
It will be either Kennedy or Hardy with HBK costing Y2J the match. Unlike RAW SD! actually has something called a mid-card, they could benefit loads more having the IC title.

Hardy takes it and SD gets the IC title.

were you being ironic, because both of them are on Smack!Down.