Jeff Jarret Interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Lashley vs Kennedy, why? This is one of the many reasons ECW sucks they have no star power to actually have there own fueds for the ECW Championship, they need to move someone big to ECW, maybe Kane and help get it more respect as a brand.

Soulpower

I wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy become the ECW champion, but it would ruin what little credibilty the ECW brand has left. No one from ECW has been able to beat Bobby but here comes a SD guy and he beats him in his first match. Also if the WWE wants the ECW brand to succeed, let ECW put some matches on the SD PPV's. All of the Smacodwon exclusive PPV's tend to have a weak undercard, so put in someone like Lashley or Van Dam and all of a sudden you have a better card and at the same time you give ECW some exposure.

phantomgerald

i think they should make lashley lose but not look weak, maybe with kennedy cheating to win. then kennedy goes to ecw. suddenly, ecw will look more watchable

v1-power

Reaction score
ok so far almost all PPV's now in the wwe are just thrown together in 2 weeks like disember to desmember and savivour series

Soulpower

The whole card looks like it was made up in a couple of minutes.... And IMO putting Deuce and Domino against London and Kendrick is dumb just because we've seen the same match teice already.... and on free tv no less! I know its for the tag titles this time around, but there's no stipulations and no resason to pay money to see the same match again.

3lions

Reaction score
quick note, the Lashley/Kennedy match is for the ECW Championship. That should clear up any confusion over tht.

koberulz

Reaction score
On a SmackDown PPV?

Sometimes I have to remind myself which company Russo is booking for.

Soulpower

I don't mind havig Lashley vs Kennedy at NWO, like I said it gives some more recognition to the ECW brand. If anything this means that Vince is finally giving a damn about ECW... Besides, I'd rather see Lashely vs Kennedy that Bobby vs Kenny.

Captive8

Reaction score
No Way Out looked like it had potential to be a fantastic PPV, but i dont think so now.

Ben

Reaction score
Jeff Jarrett was interviewed today by The Baltimore Sun as the company is running several markets in the Maryland area this weekend. Highlights from the interview:

The Shortlived Monday Night War in 2010: "We learned, just like the wrestling fans learned, that the world has changed. Back in the “Monday Night Wars,†that was before our good little friend called the DVR was around, and you had to flip back and forth. Nowadays, the viewing habits are just entirely different and we found that out. The landscape has changed, so we’ve planted our feet in our ground and we’re making it grow, and that’s our strategy right now. Had we not tried it, though, we would have never found out."

TNA's Profitability: "Absolutely. We turned that corner four or five years ago. Like WWE or any other business, would we like to be making more money? Sure, but the reality is that the U.S. economy is still in a recession, and internationally we have different economies to deal with, but all in all, we're pleased."

Aspects of the company Jarrett is happiest with: "[Toy manufacturer and licensee] Jakks Pacific comes to mind, and international television. That's probably the first two off the top, and then the [merchandise], and Don West is a huge part of that. He is so in tune and in touch with the TNA fan — what they like, what they don't like. He's an absolutely great salesman, great marketer — that's his background going back to the Shop at Home Network days. There's also the live events. We're not a huge touring company — we do between 80 and 100 shows a year, but we'll call it a lean, mean machine when we take it on the road, and they're very entertaining and they're profitable."

Jarrett also discusses a number of other topics, including goals for 2011, what sets TNA'slive product apart from other companies and more. You can read the entire interview by clicking here.

Credit to PWInsider

Think the Monday Night failure had more to do with the product being more or less shit during that time, and :lol: at him blaming the failure on people having DVR.
http://pwinsider.com/article/54380/...motion-has-been-profitable-for-years.html?p=1

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah it had nothing to do with the fact that you were no near WWE's level. Come on now Jarrett, lol. Should have just said they tried and it just didn't work out the way they thought it was.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wonder if Jeff knew that there was the VCR before DVR. If he did, he would know that people could watch one and tape the other in the case of Nitro/Raw and Thunder/SD

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Actually no you couldn't unless you had two TVs. With the DVR you can watch one while DVRing the other at the same time on one TV.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Actually yes you could if you had a good VCR. You set the VCR to record one station and watch the other on TV, with the TV/VCR video function off. I did it for years.